What do you take out with you on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

That is one of my worst fears. I never carry cash, especially not on BF.

****Friendly reminder: Call up your CC companies and advise you will be shopping on BF to avoid fraud alerts. It happened to me a few years ago.

I never carry cash either! Luckily my mom was with me and had enough cash to cover me!

I never used to carry my purse with me but this year I'm afraid I may have to. Though I am not going to carry my usual M.Kors purse which is a little big and heavy - I'll have to find something smaller for just the basics! This year I'll be shopping with the cash DH and I have managed to save up (YEAH!) and that requires a wallet. Other than that the usual is a cell phone, store ads (left in the car) bottled water and snacks (in a cooler in the car). That's about it. My group are all light travelers! We are lucky enough to live in an area where it's usually not too cold yet by BF. Except for the waiting in line for the first store to open we don't really need a jacket -which is really nice.

hand written list w/ the store name at top and listed underneath each store the item, price and how many to get. on the back what i've gotten already for everyone and what i would like to get them if it isn't a bf item - easy to fold up and stick in my pocket. i dress in sneakers, jeans or sweats, tshirt, and a zip up hooded sweatshirt. keys are on a lanyard around my neck, cards and cash in front pocket and off i go. i sometimes go to a thanksgiving evening auction, then hit the outlets midnight madness thanksgiving night, travel to the mall for bf and hit walmart last. by this time i've been up for 24-36 hours (due to thanksgiving) and ready for bed!

Since I normally always go by myself. Its usually truck, list of items under each of its stores names that I was going to get. Many times I go shopping and store doesn't have whats in ads. Also take wallet, and huge cup of coffee for sitting in truck for long time.

I never used to carry my purse with me but this year I'm afraid I may have to. Though I am not going to carry my usual M.Kors purse which is a little big and heavy - I'll have to find something smaller for just the basics! This year I'll be shopping with the cash DH and I have managed to save up (YEAH!) and that requires a wallet. Other than that the usual is a cell phone, store ads (left in the car) bottled water and snacks (in a cooler in the car). That's about it. My group are all light travelers! We are lucky enough to live in an area where it's usually not too cold yet by BF. Except for the waiting in line for the first store to open we don't really need a jacket -which is really nice.

Except last year it was cold and rainy!! I about froze waiting in line at the Chesapeake Kohls and then when the rain started I went and sat in the car!! It got better as the day went on though.

I usually just take my ads, blanket, friend, coffee, debit card, gc, scrip, and cell phone! then when we take things to the van either me or a friend wait in line while the other one goes to the van or we do that if we are cold as well. This year I was thinking about taking a bad chair though and not sitting on the ground. Since I live in wisconsin its usually kinda cold here so I do have layers on because I hate wearing a big winter coat when I'm shopping then I can shed layers if needed!

That is one of my worst fears. I never carry cash, especially not on BF.

****Friendly reminder: Call up your CC companies and advise you will be shopping on BF to avoid fraud alerts. It happened to me a few years ago.

Oh... That remind me. I was up at about 5am two years ago on BF I bought a Dell laptop ( the one I owned at the time was on its VERY leg ) . Right after that I decide to give the CC a call and tell them that it WAS me who just made a purchase online with Dell.... They told me good thing for me to call since I rarely buy stuff at that time. Should have check my purchase history. On BF, there is always a spike on the purchasing amount. LOL.

If we start out late Tday night, then I'll bring:

Folding camp chair

Sleeping bag

Book/magazine/Mp3

Possibly cards

Dress in layers

Ads - most times I have them memorized, but people in line are always so thankful to take a second look at them

Cash, dispersed into every pocket I'm wearing

ATM card & ID

Hubby &/or Friends

I usually have more on me at the first store than I do at later stores. At the first store (where I'm waiting outside in line) I have a cup of coffee, gloves, debit card and some cash, the sale ad for that store (just for something to look at in line), cell phone, and either a zip up hoodie or if it's really cold a coat. By the time I get to the 2nd store the coffee, coat and gloves are all gone.

I take the adds in my car, and carry the one for the store I am in. As noted by others, this is a bit of a hassle and I try not to waste much time looking at ads at that point.

Most important, I carry a printed copy of the shopping list that I create here on GottaDeal.com. My list includes items I am definitely interested in, other items I might be interested in, and some notes on which stores have things like discount DVDs or BluRay disks. I keep a spare copy in my car.

Three of the four years I have been, I have taken my nephew who is now 18. Last year for the first time we split up and I went to a Target and he went to an adjacent Best Buy, then we stuck together the rest of the morning.

As I have done BF in three different cities, I also print out a Google map with the location of various stores I am interested in so that I can get to them quickly before the morning prices end at some stores or later in the afternoon. This is especially useful for finding smaller stores like a Radio Shack or Ace Hardware.

usually just have the bare minimal basics but adding my ipod touch with me this year. Have an awesome app called "the christmas list" that i plan on using. i am SUCH a list maker and this combines my gift list and also my black friday list. you can enter a list for a person (with pics!) and also the price and what store. then you can also select a store and see all items that youplan to get at that store and the prices and totals!!! no more digging for paper lists in my pockets or losing them!

I live in New York so it gets COOOLLLDDD...I take a blanket/snuggie, Thermos, portable camping heater, camping chair & of course the DH. I bought a cool chair last year that has a folding table attached. I just propped my portable heater on there & I was good to go. Of course I have my essentials: wallet, Ads and DH!!! :cheesy: