What have you done to prepare for Black Friday?

brinak2005

What have you done so far to begin preparing for BF? I have made a list of who I am buying for and how much I plan to spend on each person. I will fill in the rest of the info as the ads come out. I also have a general list of toys that I am looking for this year for my daughter.

Nothing really that is "Black Friday" but we did start a Christmas Fund this year! DH and I have thought about it for a year or two now and never really managed to put the money aside. This year starting in January DH was so great. He came in after a pay day with $100 and said "here -start a Christmas Fund." I was sooo excited! So now there is more than $800 burning a hole and I can't wait to start holiday shopping BIG TIME :) Actually it's been great because I had money for the BBW and Yankee annual sale to put gifts aside and I never do that - so technically I started shopping in June. It should really take the financial pressure off the holiday shopping season this year.

I also have made out my list and put a budget for each person. I have started letting my kids go to the toy isles at the store when we go and asked them what kinds of things they would be interested in for christmas so i can start getting some ideas for them. Wish i would have started a christmas account, but that is gonna be a definite for next year for sure!

Nothing yet although I should start with the Christmas list with ideas for people and stuff we already have. BF tends to be stuff for me and immediate family (usually gifts from me) or stuff that we actually need. The extended family list is so huge and compiled in a spreadsheet somewhere to avoid giving similar things from year to year.

I've started plotting my strategy. It helps that I still have the kids' lists of things from last year :) The subject of BF has already been brought up to DH, who actually already has a shopping list started! I need to draw up my own lists from things I'd like to baking to everyone that needs to be remembered and get them in one place. And then there's taking inventory of what we already have and where it is... all I can say to that is thank goodness we have a yard sale coming up soon. Maybe the kids can be persuaded to part with some of their things they really don't use... ;)

I have made a list of everyone that we need to buy something for and a tentative budget. I wish I had saved some over the year, but just didn't have any extra to put away. It has been a hard year. So we will buy for our kids first and then what we have left we will split between everyone else. I already have my mother in law's and one gift for my niece.

I really hope next year I can start putting up money in January. My husband and I are both in school and we always have money left from our pell grant so we will use about half of that for Christmas so that will help. As long as my husband has work we should be able to meet our budget.

I have saved some money. I have kept a running list and whenever I have heard, oh I liked that I write it down just in case it ends up a BF special. Have ask all my kids, their spouse etc to start making list of things they would like.

I won't start my shopping until next month. I've started my girls' lists and wrote down what I'll be getting my mom, dad & stepmom and brother. I'll have their gifts before BF, so I can just have the girls to shop for. The kids in our family do a secret santa & exchange gifts at the annual kids christmas party, which I'm thankful for because there's a lot of kids. I have $200 saved so far lol ....I better start putting away more (& fast!) Being as tho I plan to take $900!

switched email address to gmail which I can access from work and made sure I was on bf notification list. Still need to find xmas list from previous years to get ideas of what to get ppl and what's already been given and see what extended family we still need gifts for. Still need to convince myself to clear clutter and make way for sales else will be like previous years and end up on thanksgiving table for the weekend(or longer).

I have started a wish list I want to get my kids. Im letting look online, commercials, and the stores to see what they are interested in. I have a list of who I need to buy for but have not actually created a budget yet. I usually have WAY more saved then I do this year so Im a bit unsure on budgets. HOwever I have been buying throughout the year so I also have more gifts then I usually do at this time. I just cant wait for the season to actually begin =)

I've already started preparing a list of what I want to get some people for Christmas, and I'm going to start building up some money for the sale soon. My planning is in early stages, but if everything goes according to plan, I'll at least have more money for it this year than the year before.

• 2 weeks later...
I got the money mostly saved only 1-2 months max more to get some extra into it. Another thing is Ive been around here just waiting and hope I get the 1st BF ad even if its a store not here nor I like. Finally iam tring to think Cause I need a bigger truck this year to haul.