What have you done to prepare for Black Friday?

brinak2005

Not much here either. It's hard to do any type of planning until the ads come out. My son is 11 and he is getting harder to buy for, so only have a few things in mind for him. My daughter is almost 9 and she still loves toys so she will be a cinch. The main thing she wants is go go my walkin pup. BTW if anyone sees that dog for less than 50.00 pm me.;)

Not much here either. It's hard to do any type of planning until the ads come out. My son is 11 and he is getting harder to buy for, so only have a few things in mind for him. My daughter is almost 9 and she still loves toys so she will be a cinch. The main thing she wants is go go my walkin pup. BTW if anyone sees that dog for less than 50.00 pm me.;)

I know how you feel. DD, 5, is sooo easy to shop for but DS, 10, is a whole nother story! I'm thinking a netbook if they are cheap enough, other than that I don't have much on the list for him.

I know how you feel. DD, 5, is sooo easy to shop for but DS, 10, is a whole nother story! I'm thinking a netbook if they are cheap enough, other than that I don't have much on the list for him.

I agree totally. I bought my son the 299.00 laptop last year from walmart, which has been a great buy for us. I have to admit he's a bit spoiled, we have a large family and sometimes they've pooled their money and gotten him nicer gifts. He has an ipod touch, and we bought him a flip for his Bday. Both my kids need new TV's though, they still have big box tvs that aren't very good at all, a sam's club special lol. It's other things I don't know about. He still likes legos and I think he would like the Air Hogs Hawkeye (has a camera).

• 2 weeks later...

step 1: September clearance sale shopping... have a box each started for the kids

step 2: come here

step 3: have THE talk with DS 10

step 4: getting christmas lists

now step 5.... check daily for clearance deals, pray for tablets to go cheap, and look for video games.

First & Foremost check GottaDeal.com!!!! Then start writing out my x-mas list & possible gifts for each person. I go on TRU & add toys to my wish list that my daughter has already asked for. I like this time of year to plan. It's nice, quiet & items are in stock

I have only just started figuring out what to get people or an idea of what to get. The only person I think I am done with is my brother-in-law...

Throughout the year I have a rewards program for both my credit and debit card that I always redeem in early November for gift cards to Target and Best Buy.

I have quite a few gifts bought so far for our kids, sooo..almost done with them. Although we have a lot of extended family. I've got about $500 in savings so far, but hoping dh (he's on commission only) gets a decent check this month so I can add another $500-700, maybe more if November is a good month. I really want a new TV. I've also started a spreadsheet to get an idea on who I already have done, ideas, and budget per person.

Other than that it's just time to sit back and wait for the ads to come!

I just bought a portable TV yesterday so I can have something to do while standing/sitting in line. I have to still check my portable heater to make sure it still works. I'll probably do that this weekend. That way if I have to buy another one I have time to do so before Nov. I bought storage bins at walmart this w/e to hide my daughter's toys in. I was also thinking about getting BIG plain brown boxes to hide her BIG toys in plain sight so she wont know what it is. You know........the things that wont fit inside the storage bin. I already made arrangements for her to stay at grandma's house after thanksgiving dinner for the weekend. Normally, when I get back home from BF shoppping I am EXHAUSTED!!! She's 7, so I would NEVER bring her to that type of chaos with me. I saw people with INFANTS in wal-mart last year for doorbuster. ARE THEY CRAZY!!!!! It never cease to amaze me that people bring young children for doorbuster deals!!??!! :( Last but NOT LEAST, I think I'm becoming addicted to gottadeal.com. I'm checking it throughout the day to see if the first ad came out yet. :o

• 1 month later...

I'm really behind on BF planning with underwhelming ads and a colleague who annoys me for the ad as soon as I try to review it and then 48 follow up questions per ad about if it's available online. I need to print everything up and binder it at work Monday morning for serious review during lunch/other spare time. Hopefully I'll use my week off to organize list of people and presents needed vs what we already have.

My co-worker asked me earlier in the week if a particular thing would be on sale online and I said I'd have more info closer to the date and that she could probably get one of the kids to go online and order it Thursday. Well she took it literal and came back on Friday to tell me they had the item but no sale price, I had to explain I had meant Thanksgiving Day. She comes back with we don't go online on Thanksgiving and I flat out told her, "you don't go shopping BF, you won't go online Thanksgiving, I don't know what you will get". I know we're being laid off soon and everything but damn give yourself a little headway. Going online for 1 hour at most early am or after festivities on Thanksgiving will not kill you.

So far, I have my checklist updated and printed out; it has things on it like "load up the coffee carafe, travel mugs, cold bag with creamer, snacks...", etc. If I don't have my check-list then I get lost when I'm getting ready to leave the house. I also have a store-by-store list going, updating constantly, in the order that they open. Waiting for Walmart to fill in the blanks, but unless they hit me with a deal I can't pass up it looks like we'll just be stopping in there after all the doorbusters at other stores and seeing what's left. That's pretty much it for now. I'm as organized as I can be for the moment. 13 more days!!