Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

My local Goodwill also sells a lot of new in the box Target items - from makeup to diapers to vacuum bags, clothes, etc - whatever is clearance and then salvaged. Go to Goodwill on a 50% day and they will be 50% off whatever the price is marked! Great deals! The only items my Goodwill does not count as 50% off are new goods which have an orange sticker and that never includes the Target stuff!

Gator Pam when my husband gets home in a few hours I'll post the DCPI.

I know they have the yellow hand held Dyson for $75 at my Target. The one I'm getting is a purple upright. I think it's an Animal but I'm not 100%. I just know it's better than my old Hoover ;)

Thanks, I appreciate it!

So does anyone think christmas 90% will be sunday or monday?:confused:

I thought it would be tomorrow, but by the way things are going.. I have no clue anymore.

Anyone have any advice?

My store was 50% the day after christmas, and 75% on the 30th. :rolleyes:

it's a long drive so I dont want to travel out to target EVERY day... ughhhh!

Wait...are you talking about Spike the dinosaur or a different one? Curious because I haven't heard of one called "Rex" and the prices look to be about the same. Saw Spike at Target for $90.xx but am hoping to get him for lower than that.

Yes it was Spike the dinosaur he was $59.50 at walmart

The info about the dates that Christmas went different percentage would be handy to put in the first post with all the other Target info. Just a suggestion to anyone that can do that. I keep having to scroll through to find it, to remind myself not to go running out today to look for 90% off.

The info about the dates that Christmas went different percentage would be handy to put in the first post with all the other Target info. Just a suggestion to anyone that can do that. I keep having to scroll through to find it, to remind myself not to go running out today to look for 90% off.

Agreed.

I am hoping whomever is keeping track will post the dates for 2007-2009 all in one post once we know the date the stores go 90% off. I feel it will be handy to compare the years.

When I edit it in, I will probably include the days of the week as well for each year. So we can see if there is any sort of pattern.

Do a lot of toys get bought when they go to 50%?? Just wondering because there were a ton of toys marked 30% off. I would love to be there first thing when they hit 75%, but don't know if people scoop them up at 50%. I would be ready for next Christmas if I could get the items I saw at 75% off. They had kitchens, slides, push trikes, you name it.

Christmas still 75%. Found the 3 pack purple tape with coupons but they would only let me use one coupon for the paper cutter.:mad: Coupon did state only one per transaction and the not-so-accommodating clerks wouldn't ring up my order in seperate transactions. Still happy with finding the tape, as I go through them quickly, but felt the urge to wish seriously bad ju-ju on the clerks. Wow . . . I should never go out in the morning without consuming at least one cup of coffee!;)

Do a lot of toys get bought when they go to 50%?? Just wondering because there were a ton of toys marked 30% off. I would love to be there first thing when they hit 75%, but don't know if people scoop them up at 50%. I would be ready for next Christmas if I could get the items I saw at 75% off. They had kitchens, slides, push trikes, you name it.

Just wondering if the toys are already consolidated in a clearance section yet at ya'lls stores? Mine still has them all over the toy section (aisle by aisle)!

Thanks!!!

Some do, but there is usually a LOT left for 75%. The things that sell out early are the most popular licensed toys and Legos. Usually not a lot of Legos left at 75%, but they generally skip 50% for them. Most of what you see now will stay as-is till it goes to 75%. Some stores will do some interim markdowns, but most things won't change till they do it all. If you aren't there when they do the markdown to 75%, you won't find much left.

Consolidation is all over the map around here. It usually depends on how much overnight help the store has and how much other work they have to do. The consolidate as they re-set the department. Some stores don't get it done till after the final clearance markdown. Usually those stores don't run an overnight crew.

Thank you too.. you always have great info. So far my store has not consolidated the toys... so I will just keep checking. There does not seem to be a lot of toys at my store. I only have one target here......so we shall see how it goes!

Consolidation is all over the map around here. It usually depends on how much overnight help the store has and how much other work they have to do. The consolidate as they re-set the department. Some stores don't get it done till after the final clearance markdown. Usually those stores don't run an overnight crew.

The 2 stores I hit most often are ahead of the game this year. They have already done a large amount of consolidating which is nice. At one store they have 2 long rows against the back wall no where near the toys really so unless you are looking for it you might miss all the toys back there. Personally I am loving it, means not much is getting bought up at 30% and 50% off!

Christmas 75% still... nothing really left but ornaments, I did find some of those Trio Airplane kits in the toy section for $1.24

and our toys section is 30-50% (but hardly anything left.. it looks like alot of people bought up everything at 30%!!!):no: I think this will be a bad year for my Target....

and our toys section is 30-50% (but hardly anything left.. it looks like alot of people bought up everything at 30%!!!):no: I think this will be a bad year for my Target....

I am afraid of the same thing! I will be going by today or tomorrow to check it out. :confused::confused:

hello everyone!! this is the first time i've posted on this particular thread. the closest target for me is almost an hour away which really sucks, but i was there last night and all the holiday stuff is gone, but i'm hoping to catch a few toys on sale. i was also wondering if i buy spike at my local wal-mart for 59 dollars and it goes down even lower will they price adjust?!? i really want one for my son who will be 2 in a few months, he loooooves dinosaurs. his whole room is dinosaurs lol

One time I went to work to look at the 75% off toys. There was nothing left!

I asked an employee and he told me "We got people calling every morning to check on when toys go to 75%. You need to be here within an hour of opening".

I guess it must be the gottadeal.com effect :yup:

hello everyone!! this is the first time i've posted on this particular thread. the closest target for me is almost an hour away which really sucks, but i was there last night and all the holiday stuff is gone, but i'm hoping to catch a few toys on sale. i was also wondering if i buy spike at my local wal-mart for 59 dollars and it goes down even lower will they price adjust?!? i really want one for my son who will be 2 in a few months, he loooooves dinosaurs. his whole room is dinosaurs lol

Most stores including Target generally will not price adjust on clearance, but you can buy the lower-priced item and then return it using your old, higher-priced receipt as long as it is within the return period (usually 90 days).

Most stores including Target generally will not price adjust on clearance, but you can buy the lower-priced item and then return it using your old, higher-priced receipt as long as it is within the return period (usually 90 days).

ok thats what i was thinking....thank you!!!

As far as Price Adjusting - here's what I discovered (at my local Target anyway), if it is listed as a "Seasonal" item, they will not do any sort of price adjustment, and even if you bought it at full price within the 90 (or whatever) day period, they will only give you back the current sale price value! I was pretty miffed at this, when I had bought several packs of blanket sleepers for my twins at 50% off, and then they went 75% off the next day (or it may have been two days - can't remember). This was last year. I really put up a stink about it also, but the manager wouldn't budge!!:mad:

BTW I'm new to this site, but have to laugh:g_laughin that I've been doing all this stuff on my own for years. My family thinks I'm crazy - but now I can prove to them I'm not the only one!! (Of course they have benifitted from my bargain hunting, so they should be greatful!)

I used to live in Austin, TX - but now in the outskirts of Philly, PA area - the Targets don't seem to have quite the selection of stuff here. I'm really jealous of all you that found paper towels, Klenex, tape, and such! All we've got is mainly ornaments.

Toys were still at 30% as of yesterday. Christmas was at 75%, and hardly any candy was to be found - like it all just disappeared! I visited 3 Targets within a 25 mile radius of me. Only one had some gift wrap left, and none had any lights. I did see TONS of giftwrap at Walmart, but they are still at 50% - so I'm waiting.

Our Walmart waits forever to go to 75, and then even longer for 90. I think it was several weeks into January last year, and then it seemed they had a ton of stuff, and not everything would ring up on sale, so the cashier was having to do math in his head (and he wasn't very good), so I had to really watch him.

Anyway....Not sure if I should venture out today...

Our target in SLC, Utah was clearing off the Christmas shelves on the 30th. We noticed they were loading everything into carts instead of moving it over, and when we asked an employee if they were just consolidating, he said he believed it was being pulled from the shelves to be sent back to the warehouse.

Who knows if he actually knows what he's talking about, but from what we saw, I don't think there will be anything left to go 90% off. It's a bummer... we had our eyes on snowglobes for a joke on our bro.

I vote he doesn't know what he's talking about....My DH works at Target Distribution (the warehouse) and they don't get stuff back from stores like that. They might sell it to salvage, but it won't go back to the warehouse.