Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Scored the last E-Readers at my store this morning. They also have lunchables for $1 if anyone buys them (ad item)

I went the other day and they had 1 left and it was still marked 50% off, I asked if it was the price on the sticker and they said yes, came back the next morning and it was gone, they told me someone bought it after I was in the day before. I should have asked them to scan it!!! I was walking around the entire store trying to see if any of the scanners I could punch in the DPCI number to check the price myself. I just didn't want to ask them to take it out of the case and scan it, now I know better.

yeah the deep freezers dont seem to be selling at my local store.. could you imagine if they marked them 75% off and you would get it for 40.. that would be awesome

How big are these deep freezers? I really need one so I want to check my store..if anyone has a DPCI to share that would be GREAT!

I went the other day and they had 1 left and it was still marked 50% off, I asked if it was the price on the sticker and they said yes, came back the next morning and it was gone, they told me someone bought it after I was in the day before. I should have asked them to scan it!!! I was walking around the entire store trying to see if any of the scanners I could punch in the DPCI number to check the price myself. I just didn't want to ask them to take it out of the case and scan it, now I know better.

:( sorry! I am one of those PITA shoppers...if I don't have the DPCI to punch in I will make them take it out and scan it EVERYTIME I go in..which either really puts them on your BAD SIDE or you get to know them and they give you info :P....I think the guy was so glad to finally get rid of me and those ereaders by the time it was all said and done but he was a good sport about it :D

do u guys think targets have been changing the clearance pattern recently.. markdowns are not on the usual days...and sometime they markdown things twice in a week...

i had been looking to buy the RE sheets and comforters for sleepovers .. out of the two stores one had both at 50% and other had at 30% on thursday (both the stores had a full isle filled with those ). on friday the store wh had stuff at 50% got marked down to 75% everything was gone but i was able to find 2 sheet sets. the other store was also totally wiped out except one sheet set marked to 75%. do they usually mark down the stuff this way... and where did all the stuff vanish in one day.... between thursday evening and friday afternoon...:no:

even more strange things happened with ereaders... they were marking down electronics when i was there.. i asked if they can check the ereaders... they said check back in 30 mins we'll be done with markdowns here....after 30 mins all the 3 ereaders were gone...:mad:

i am so so mad with target now...:mad::mad:

i asked the to scan a gps one time and it didnt come up at the reg. so the lady scaned it with her port scanner and said on no its this price well then i went back an hour later and guess what that same gps was gone humm wonder who got that. She did

even more strange things happened with ereaders... they were marking down electronics when i was there.. i asked if they can check the ereaders... they said check back in 30 mins we'll be done with markdowns here....after 30 mins all the 3 ereaders were gone...:mad:

This is why I've been known to just stand there at the end of the aisle waiting for them to scan the things I'm waiting on. It's awkward and boring and obviously not really possible if you have your kids with you, but if it's a REALLY hot item, then it is worth it b/c they have to be pretty ballsy to stash it for themselves if you are standing right there. But turn your back and you know that hot deal is going to be in their cart under some clearance signs.

Obviously not all markdown employees are like that...one store I go to has the BEST team that actually helped me find things and pointed out hot items to me during the toy clearance. But my other store is terrible...I saw an employee fill a cart with kitchen markdowns at 75% off and then his buddy came and picked up that cart from him and took it straight to the register.

But turn your back and you know that hot deal is going to be in their cart under some clearance signs.

Obviously not all markdown employees are like that...one store I go to has the BEST team that actually helped me find things and pointed out hot items to me during the toy clearance. But my other store is terrible...I saw an employee fill a cart with kitchen markdowns at 75% off and then his buddy came and picked up that cart from him and took it straight to the register.

My husband is a Target employee (and yet I NEVER seem to get the good deals since he doesn't work in electronics and never goes over to that dept). They can actually lose their jobs by purchasing them for themselves.

My husband is a Target employee (and yet I NEVER seem to get the good deals since he doesn't work in electronics and never goes over to that dept). They can actually lose their jobs by purchasing them for themselves.

Only if they are on the clock. If someone is off the clock, on break or finished with their shift, they are free to buy. I've seen them take their break and grab the markdowns.

Only if they are on the clock. If someone is off the clock, on break or finished with their shift, they are free to buy. I've seen them take their break and grab the markdowns.

I discussed the disappearance of the "good stuff" with an electronics employee the other day and he said that the employees do either buy or hook each other up with clearance deals esp. in electronics. "One of the "perks" of working there." Oh well. I guess if we want something bad enough pay more or stalk. :/

How big are these deep freezers? I really need one so I want to check my store..if anyone has a DPCI to share that would be GREAT!

:( sorry! I am one of those PITA shoppers...if I don't have the DPCI to punch in I will make them take it out and scan it EVERYTIME I go in..which either really puts them on your BAD SIDE or you get to know them and they give you info :P....I think the guy was so glad to finally get rid of me and those ereaders by the time it was all said and done but he was a good sport about it :D

did you have them take it out and check the price every time you went there?

Got one of the 7" Haier Portable Tvs today for 75% off $32.xx. Oakleaf Target in Orange Park, FL has a whole shelf, at least 25of them. They had a few 10" also for around $45.xx. Also got a Philips IPOD speaker system at 50% off, $49.xx.

Got one of the 7" Haier Portable Tvs today for 75% off $32.xx. Oakleaf Target in Orange Park, FL has a whole shelf, at least 25of them. They had a few 10" also for around $45.xx. Also got a Philips IPOD speaker system at 50% off, $49.xx.

I saw an entire endcap with these...made me wonder why. Probably can't get ditagel (sp) signal w/o some sort of antenna which defeats the portablility I thought? Play with it and let us know!

I have been stalking these Black and Decker Convection/toaster ovens for over a month and they were still only at 30%..I go in today and they are marked up only 15% off. WTH:confused:

I've been watching those for dd, and I am wondering if anyone is confused, the current store model is on sale this week, and the clearance one seem to be REALLY similar. The sale one has been cheaper than the clearance one this week.

I saw an entire endcap with these...made me wonder why. Probably can't get ditagel (sp) signal w/o some sort of antenna which defeats the portablility I thought? Play with it and let us know!

Has good reviews on Amazon. Digital signal varies from area to area, so you would probably have to check it yourself. I have been watching them too. Our stores have been a day behind, so I am hopeful tomorrow.

found the little 10.2" digital tv for $44. The $16 electronic waste disposal fee was a bit to choke on, but I got it anyway....

What is an electronic waste disposal fee? I have never heard of that. We do not even have recycling here unless you buy a pass and then lug everything over to the next town :no:

Therefore everything here goes in the dumpster for free. Someday we will get into the 90's around here;) We do still have the old town dump for big items

do you know if you can plug your cable line into? i seen them the other day at Oakleaf and almost bought them when they were 50%.

What is an electronic waste disposal fee? I have never heard of that. We do not even have recycling here unless you buy a pass and then lug everything over to the next town :no:

Therefore everything here goes in the dumpster for free. Someday we will get into the 90's around here;) We do still have the old town dump for big items

In CA there is a recycling fee for all electronics. I've never understood it, thought as it isn't like we can just drop it off a the store for recycling. We still have to find a place to take it. It is illegal in most states to throw these kinds of things in the dumpster because of the heavy metals and other toxic stuff inside.

do you know if you can plug your cable line into? i seen them the other day at Oakleaf and almost bought them when they were 50%.

My target has a bunch of the Tvs too... can anyone explain how they work on the road? DH drives a truck during the week, and was thinking of getting one for him, but am wondering if I should get a portable DVD instead...

Just opened it. It has a rechargeable battery. It also has an AC adapter and a cigarette lighter adapter for the car. It has an antenna plug for an antenna that comes with it, or you could plug cable into as long as it has that single plug with the little needle-like part that sticks out. What the heck is that kind of plug called? Anyway, it also has an AV cable to plug in a DVD player.

I had one of those 10" T.V.s in my cart today and as I strolled around the store all I could think about was, "what exactly would I use this for?" So, I guess as I understand it, if your electricity goes out, you could use this T.V. for emergencies. Or, if you are traveling somewhere or just want it in a bathroom or extra room without a cable hookup??? I guess I just talked myself out of getting it because I couldn't figure out how I would really get any use out of it. I can spend time in the bathroom away from the T.V. without too much stress. Our electricity rarely goes out and when it does, I sort of enjoy the peace and quiet!! LOL. When we travel, the kids take their DVD players and, well, anyway... I just couldn't figure out how the heck to really get any use out of it. So, I put it back.

I must not be the only one. There are gobs of them at every store. Even at 75% off, they are sitting around.

On another note, there are lots of neat kinds of iPod player/clock/radio/ thingies sitting around at 50% off. Those would make nice Christmas gifts if they go cheaper! I did find a Pet Shop Adoption Center for $9.98 (reg. $39.99).

, "what exactly would I use this for?" So, I guess as I understand it, if your electricity goes out, you could use this T.V. for emergencies..

I used my old portable TV for loss of electricity situations-- I always preferred seeing exactly where the tornado warnings were and were headed on the TV instead of only being able to hear it on the radio.

I passed on the portable TV too, but only after I took it for a long ride in the cart. I would just have to bring along a DVD player anyway, and that seemed pointless since the portable DVD players have a built in screen anyway. Would have been really cool if it would play digital videos from my iPod, but it won't do that either. Plenty of each size left in Springfield, MO.

I had one of those 10" T.V.s in my cart today and as I strolled around the store all I could think about was, "what exactly would I use this for?" So, I guess as I understand it, if your electricity goes out, you could use this T.V. for emergencies. Or, if you are traveling somewhere or just want it in a bathroom or extra room without a cable hookup??? I guess I just talked myself out of getting it because I couldn't figure out how I would really get any use out of it. I can spend time in the bathroom away from the T.V. without too much stress. Our electricity rarely goes out and when it does, I sort of enjoy the peace and quiet!! LOL. When we travel, the kids take their DVD players and, well, anyway... I just couldn't figure out how the heck to really get any use out of it. So, I put it back.

I must not be the only one. There are gobs of them at every store. Even at 75% off, they are sitting around.

On another note, there are lots of neat kinds of iPod player/clock/radio/ thingies sitting around at 50% off. Those would make nice Christmas gifts if they go cheaper! I did find a Pet Shop Adoption Center for $9.98 (reg. $39.99).

I wanted it because I have my business inventory in a location where I need to work and get bored. I have a radio, but sometimes a small TV would be ideal, so it was a perfect choice (so long as I can get a signal, if not, back it goes). The iPod things seem like a total waste to me, though. So, I guess that is why they have all these things for us to choose what we need. :-)

I wanted it because I have my business inventory in a location where I need to work and get bored. I have a radio, but sometimes a small TV would be ideal, so it was a perfect choice (so long as I can get a signal, if not, back it goes). The iPod things seem like a total waste to me, though. So, I guess that is why they have all these things for us to choose what we need. :-)

I wanted one for our "tornado shelter" (aka walk-in closet). Unfortunately, the Haier 7" gets no reception in there using the provided telescoping antenna (it got nine channels in the living room, including the local NBC affiliate, a regional weather channel, and some religion and shopping channels). Should I bother keeping it for power-outages? I'm thinking a decent web-enabled cell phone is probably more useful. We already have one of those emergency weather radios, but sometimes it's nice to see the radar map so you know what's headed your way.

I used my old portable TV for loss of electricity situations-- I always preferred seeing exactly where the tornado warnings were and were headed on the TV instead of only being able to hear it on the radio.

I use my ipod touch and notebook for this now. I am the same way. I have to know which way a storm is moving. I used to use a weather radio, but it would take 30 minutes or longer to get back to my town and then it was just a quick bit of information.