Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I went to Target today since I needed to get some groceries and I kinda checked out their clearance sections. Most of the stuff was 15-30%, with some stray items at 50-75% in most of the departments. They had a bunch of random toys from the toy clearance still left at 75% off - like the Toy Story 3 army men & Moon Sands & some other older girl toys. I'm not sure what they scan (if they are salvaged) but there were still a bunch left which they moved to the outdoors aisle. All the air fresheners and dish washing liquids (Febreze, dawn, joy etc) were all 15% off. Not low enough for me to bite.

What is in the yellow dot $ spot (is it mostly outdoor stuff/summer stuff)? I forgot to check it but I guess I will head back on Saturday to see if it goes to 75% off. I am hoping that at some point the brown dot goes on clearance cause I saw so many things DD could use.

I bought another pair of toddler jeans (xhilaration) at $3.24 (I still have not seen the $2.49 Circo jeans that everyone else has been seeing). I also got a C9 women shirt at 75% off (4.24) and Girls shoes (ballet style shoe) for $1.79 (it was 75% off as online item). I really was hoping to find toddler sandals on clearance but didn't see any. I had gotten one style earlier this year for 75% off in 2 sizes but as the summer progresses, I think DD's feet will actually be too big for that size, come next summer so I probably have to return them.

Oh - there was virtually nothing clearanced in the baby/infant section. I saw some boxes of Up & Up baby wipes for 15% off ($10.xx) and that was it. In terms of baby clothes, they had jean shorts at 50% off $4.98, a ton of boy Cherokee "polo" type shirts 30-50% off. Girl's swimsuits were only 30% off $6.48.

What is in the yellow dot $ spot (is it mostly outdoor stuff/summer stuff)? I forgot to check it but I guess I will head back on Saturday to see if it goes to 75% off. I am hoping that at some point the brown dot goes on clearance cause I saw so many things DD could use.

Yellow dot Dollar Spot did not include very many items at the store I went to - I remember seeing notepads and toddler dress-up items (tutus, jewelry, gloves etc). Most of what I wanted ended up being brown dot. Yellow dot was small two endcaps only.

I went to Target today since I needed to get some groceries and I kinda checked out their clearance sections. Most of the stuff was 15-30%, with some stray items at 50-75% in most of the departments. They had a bunch of random toys from the toy clearance still left at 75% off - like the Toy Story 3 army men & Moon Sands & some other older girl toys. I'm not sure what they scan (if they are salvaged) but there were still a bunch left which they moved to the outdoors aisle. All the air fresheners and dish washing liquids (Febreze, dawn, joy etc) were all 15% off. Not low enough for me to bite.

I bought another pair of toddler jeans (xhilaration) at $3.24 (I still have not seen the $2.49 Circo jeans that everyone else has been seeing). I also got a C9 women shirt at 75% off (4.24) and Girls shoes (ballet style shoe) for $1.79 (it was 75% off as online item). I really was hoping to find toddler sandals on clearance but didn't see any. I had gotten one style earlier this year for 75% off in 2 sizes but as the summer progresses, I think DD's feet will actually be too big for that size, come next summer so I probably have to return them.

Oh - there was virtually nothing clearanced in the baby/infant section. I saw some boxes of Up & Up baby wipes for 15% off ($10.xx) and that was it. In terms of baby clothes, they had jean shorts at 50% off $4.98, a ton of boy Cherokee "polo" type shirts 30-50% off. Girl's swimsuits were only 30% off $6.48.

All of the large baby items at my local stores are pretty much GONE. One store I have been watching that still has a few things has been sitting at 50% off now for over a month! I'm getting tired of looking at stuff. Wasn't getting it for me but a friend of mine. The 2.49 jeans, were those the ones that were clearanced a few months ago that you are looking for? They were salvaged weeks ago at our stores and what was left was pulled. (I actually returned a ton of 6X's as my daughter outgrew them before she could wear them and they werent put back out) Clearance in all depts right now has been slim at my stores.......pretty sad! Come on holiday clearance.....first up is Halloween right! Hehehehe!

Yellow dot Dollar Spot did not include very many items at the store I went to - I remember seeing notepads and toddler dress-up items (tutus, jewelry, gloves etc). Most of what I wanted ended up being brown dot. Yellow dot was small two endcaps only.

Yesterday in the yellow Dollar Spot I got plastic lunch containers and baggies with butterflies on it. They also have ones with flowers, sport's theme, and camouflage prints. The jungle theme kid's utensils and socks are included as well as some packs of pencils.

Dollar Spot still at 50% in north DFW.

Same here. Still 50% off... hmm... I wonder when it will go to 75%. I may check back tomorrow. I found Cherokee party dresses from Easter in DD's size for $4.24. It was INF but marked as an online item so the cashier inputted it for me - first time - no problems. I originally couldn't find DD's size when I first saw them 75% off a few months ago.

Same here. Still 50% off... hmm... I wonder when it will go to 75%. I may check back tomorrow. I found Cherokee party dresses from Easter in DD's size for $4.24. It was INF but marked as an online item so the cashier inputted it for me - first time - no problems. I originally couldn't find DD's size when I first saw them 75% off a few months ago.

My Dollar spot sign said 50% off was until 8/14 so I am hoping it will be 75% tomorrow. We had some new things in ours that were not there on Thursday. Also got DS13 his "required" TI-84 plus calculator for school. It was in the sale ad for $99, but when I got to the store there was a sale tag saying it was only $86 for the silver edition. YAY! I told him it better last a couple of years or he will be buying it with his own money next time. (This is his second one in 2 years, thank goodness I got a used one last year)

I got 4 packages of Mighty beans for 2.xx

Legos set for 75% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was jumping up and down.. it scanned INF but the cutie I found at the service desk adjusted it no problems it was the Space Police~ Space truck getaway. It was only marked 50% at $15.xx (regular $30.xx) but he adjusted it manually to 7.xx. I got the little handheld bubble blower guns for 0.74 (got 4) a sand filled dolphin for DD 0.64 and a sand bucket kit with toys and shovel/rake for 2.xx) I could have gotten tons of supersoakers or big bubble blowers for 2-3$ but I passed.

I got some pool chemicals 30% but the pool "toys" were not marked down yet.

I was outta town so this was the "lubbock, tx" store.

Edited by mom2monkiesx3

Weird happenings . . .went to Target and scanned the yellow dollar spot. Came up $0.00, so asked an associate. She had a manager come over and he scanned them, said "They've gone salvage." Signs still said 50% off and they were ringing 50% off yesterday, so I asked him if they just skipped 75%. He said they've done that in the past if they don't sell enough quantity at 50%, then everything goes straight to salvage.

Anyway, since half the dollar spot was still filled with yellow dot items, he said anything I wanted, I could get at .25, but they would have to manually key every item in. This didn't deter me, so I scored some great stuff. Walked out with a cart full of stuff (large gift bags, gel pens, batman crayons, batman stickers, water guns, bouncy balls, bags of army men, bags of fire fighters, notepads, sticky pads, blankets) for under $40. Covered for birthday goodie bags, teacher gifts, etc.

Got a bunch of notepads, stickers, fleece baby blankets and mesh girls gloves for $.25 a piece here in Upstate, NY. Cashier also had to ring each item separately. Sign was posted 50% off but got them 75%.

So it also came up INF or $0 for you too? I guess that's nationwide then. I'm debating whether or not to go to my Target. Probably too much hassle at this point since I won't be able to get 75% off unless it's marked as such.

Weird happenings . . .went to Target and scanned the yellow dollar spot. Came up $0.00, so asked an associate. She had a manager come over and he scanned them, said "They've gone salvage." Signs still said 50% off and they were ringing 50% off yesterday, so I asked him if they just skipped 75%. He said they've done that in the past if they don't sell enough quantity at 50%, then everything goes straight to salvage.

Guess that explains why the shelves were empty at my store even though they were full and not marked down 2 days earlier :(

Thanks..was hoping to see 50 to 75% off on them ...Do you know if they get to 75% off usually? If they are still left by then? Thanks!

It's pretty rare to score a grill at 75% off at Target. You might get lucky, but you will have to be vigilant. Usually it happens because they find some in the back when they are trying to stock Christmas items and they need to get rid of them ASAP. Or you might luck out and find one near the beginning to middle of September when they get rid of most of the remaining garden and patio stuff. I know some BBQ implements are 50% off right now but grills are the last to get marked down. On the rare occasions when I have seen grills marked to 75% they have been portable/tailgater size grills. Good luck.

Thanks..was hoping to see 50 to 75% off on them ...Do you know if they get to 75% off usually? If they are still left by then? Thanks!

Scored the Amana 3 burner grill last year on September 16th for 75%. Around here, the middle of September is usually when the remaining summer items and grills get marked. I agree that it takes vigilance . . . and a little luck never hurt! Hope you get one.

I know it's regional, but does anybody have a general idea of when the swimming stuff will get marked down? It's technically considered sporting goods but I can't imagine them waiting till January to do it.

I know last year I got my swimming pool for 75% off, labor day weekend, in Ohio. HTH!

I have been stalking baby items (the stuff that has been stuck for months at 50% off) and today when I checked the items left they run item not on file! :( They never went any lower than 50 off! :( I just didn't have time to see if they would give me a good price or not! Bummer! They still had a highchair and a pack and play!

Was lucky to get some really cute gift bags from the dollar spot (yellow dot) for 10 cents each last night at the store in Wareham, MA. Came up INF, but the cashier said that this store always sells salvaged items for the last price sold.

I did get a grill last year on September 15th (I searched my blog for the date...it was a Tuesday). I got a Grill Mate big giant propane grill with 3 burners and a side cooking surface for $49.98 (75%). When I got it, there were 4 grills left and they had been sitting lonely in the middle of all of the school supplies for WEEKS. They were literally the ONLY outdoor items left in that section and clearanced much later than the rest of the outdoor stuff. In fact, I also mentioned in that same blog post that most of the school supplies were 75% off that same day, so that gives you an idea I guess.

I basically stalked them for weeks. Once they went 50% off I checked on them on the day I thought they would get marked down for a couple of weeks and then every single day until they got marked down. And I made friends with the markdown team in that store and they knew when they saw me coming that I was going to ask about those grills. I got one b/c they were scanning the school supplies and I asked him to scan the grill and sure enough it was marked down. By time I got mine loaded up into a cart, two employees had loaded another two into a different cart (presumably for themselves, but who knows). It was a major victory for me to get one, as I was hoping to give it to my husband for an anniversary gift and he was coming back from being deployed that next week. It was nice to have a shiny new grill sitting there waiting for him when he got home! (Of course I had to spend nearly as much on the giant grill COVER as I did on the grill...so if you see those clearanced or cheap anywhere pick one up!)

Good luck...you CAN get them!

Pool stuff was mostly 30% off at my store, including the pools.

Was lucky to get some really cute gift bags from the dollar spot (yellow dot) for 10 cents each last night at the store in Wareham, MA. Came up INF, but the cashier said that this store always sells salvaged items for the last price sold.

Not always. You get lucky if they will even sell it to you at all! They have been known for telling guests the can't sell it when the items go salvage. It seems to be a hit or miss with most people. For me, it's always a miss because they want to only sell it for FULL price or 50% off and I knew full well the day before something was 75% off. It's frustrating.....Glad they gave it to you lower than the last price sold. I believe the last price on the dollar spot was 50c or 25c........so 10c was a steal........

Not always. You get lucky if they will even sell it to you at all! They have been known for telling guests the can't sell it when the items go salvage. It seems to be a hit or miss with most people. For me, it's always a miss because they want to only sell it for FULL price or 50% off and I knew full well the day before something was 75% off. It's frustrating.....Glad they gave it to you lower than the last price sold. I believe the last price on the dollar spot was 50c or 25c........so 10c was a steal........

It definitely varies from store to store in my area too. A few weeks back, I stopped at a newer Target store that I had never been to before and found an end cap of ice cream makers and ice tea makers which had already gone 90% off at other stores. The associates I spoke to said they would sell it to me at full price even though it was ringing INF. Obviously I passed.

I grabbed the gift bags at another store that I had never been to before and I think I just happened to get the "right" associate. In fact, I checked with the associate in customer service and she told me that the price was $1.00. I only had a few in my cart and thought I would take my chances at the register. The associate punched them in manually at 10 cents. Needless to say, I went back for a stack more. She seemed as excited about my bargain as I was.

I know last year I got my swimming pool for 75% off, labor day weekend, in Ohio. HTH!

Labor day weekend is usually a great time for bargains. My notes show that I got swim stuff 75% off last year, including pool stuff (nets, supplies) and sporting goods (goggles, swim cap, also exercise stuff). I think a lot of people are too busy having end-of-summer fun (or worn out from BTS shopping) to swoop on bargains. But again, you have to be vigilant. If there is something you are stalking, start checking regularly or you might miss out.