Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I just had to share this deal I found on Saturday! While running errands i decided to stop at the Henrietta, NY store. I live in Irondequoit which is on the other side of the city. I was so happy I did. I was going to check on the toy markdowns when my youngestnephew wandered down one of the automotive aisles. While tracking him down we spied a large bike box on the floor. I saw the red sticker from far back. i told my 11 year old nephew to bend down and tell me the price.(I promised to buy him a bike this summer). Anyway it was a Schwinn men's 26 inch. He stood up and said "$35.04" My natural reaction was " Boy, quit playing and tell me what the sticker really says." He said the same thing and I was pissed because I knew it wasn't true. Well after checking my self and expecting $135 or more the darn thing said $35.04 marked down from $279.99 in the top corner was 85. My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it. I guess you know Davion got his new bike! My brother put it together and I put the red tag and receipt in my purse. I wanted to scan it because I knew no one would believe it. I will find those #'s and post it. The kid that helped put it in my car said he had passed that box a few times that day. I still can't believe it was there all day!! Talk about perfect timing! This is the exact bike!!! http://www.target.com/mdp/B00160JSLA/ref=sr_qi_1_8?sr=1-8&qid=1279163046&asin=B00160JSLA

Our LEGO sets are gone...bummed that I waited too long...it's dh's fault, though...says ds has too many LEGO sets now, but the kid keeps saying he wants Indiana Jones sets, and he's only got the small $10 one...oh well, maybe TRU will have a sale that includes those sets before Christmas...

Toys here are still 30%...

Went to the Super Target here last night and found summer and 4th of July items 50% off. Many were marked 30%, but when I scanned them they were 50%. Toy section here got me SO excited for the 75% off! Every aisle was filled with clearance toys 30%-50% off! There were still quite a few LEGO sets, ben 10, a cars set, Star Wars and a police set, all still 30% off. I am keeping my fingers crossed to get a couple of them at 50% off, I know they won't hang around until 75% off.

They were marking toys down today (Target in Santa Ana on Grand), but nothing was really changing. A few Knex went to 75%, but that's all I saw.

I'll check ours on the way home. Markdowns seem slow and I keep hoping for a few things to go down. The shoes for the dolls, jungle in my pocket etc. Thanks for posting and letting me know some Targets somewhere are marking things. I'll be Checking the Target on Hillcrest in Chesapeake VA

I have renewed interest in the seasonal picnic section since I realized that the ice cream makers are included. I picked one up today at 50% off, but I would love to get one for 75% off instead! When will they mark this stuff down? They must have done it on Wednesday this week (or late in the day on Tuesday, since it was 30% off on Tuesday around 10:00). Do they do this section like a holiday section, though?? Will it be 75% off in the next couple of days?

Summer plates/picnic/etc went 50% today here, including summer towels and summer toys in that area only (summer toys in the toy dept. still 30%.) There were several toys in the toy dept. marked down to 50% that weren't yesterday-- it was all very random as it is mostly still scattered throughout the toy dept. The only thing that interested me at 50% was the Tag Jr-- all they had at 50% were pink ones though. Regular Tag, though also pink, still at 30%. Shoes were still at 30% and 50% here. Edited by boredbread

My local store has playground balls on clearance 30% off. They are with the beach towels and what seems to be summer clearance. Is this also considered 4th of July clearance? There is a lot of red, white and blue stuff in the area. I would love to get a bunch of the 3 packs for my son, he loves dodgeball. And if they go 75% off, I could get a 3 pk for $1.50! They're currently $4.20, down from $5.99. I just have no idea what schedule this stuff is on. I'm off my game!

I think what you are describing went to 50% at my store today.

According to the Target site you linked to, the DPCI is:

###082-09-0003 Men's Schwinn Dual Suspension Bike - 26" (S-60) $35.04 marked 85% off, but is actually 87.5% off reg. 279.99

I found the sticker and it's the same # and yes it says $279.99 down to $35.04 with 85 in the top corner. I feel even better knowing it's 87.5% off I'm going to punch those #'s into the scanner at the store near me and see if there's one there for that price!

Toys were the same here no additional markdowns yet. I did spy a Casio keyboard regularly $299 for $75. The summer stuff went to 50% here today too. Not much left but I did notice some croquet, and boccie sets that I hope to get at 75%. I don't think the grills are ever going on clearance here.

Returns question-- sorry I cannot find the answer in the archives. Does Target limit the number of returns you can make or something like that? In reading their policy I don't see anything about that, but I thought I remembered reading something to that effect here. TIA!

Returns question-- sorry I cannot find the answer in the archives. Does Target limit the number of returns you can make or something like that? In reading their policy I don't see anything about that, but I thought I remembered reading something to that effect here. TIA!

They limit the returns that you do not have a receipt for.(using your ID) It's 2 per year. Returns with receipt has no limit.

They don't list any specific number or % of your overall purchases, but they have been known to limit people. I've run across one local store that limits you to returns of no more than $500 in a single day (which I found odd, but that's what they said). In general, if I am unsure about a purchase, I will use cash if possible, or I vary which card I use to keep my returns % lower. I do a lot of returns, and they've never stopped me or even given me much grief so long as I am organized about it.

I always use my card at Target because they can look it up if you lose the receipt.

I think the limit only applies to returns without receipt. Its a certain number of up to a certain value.

It is nice to use the Target card, but they can look up your purchase with any card you use, not just theirs. That is why I alternate cards. A few years ago, there was a lot of noise about retailers banning consumers from making returns if they went over their hidden limit. Not sure if they are still doing it, but no reason to think it has stopped. There are limits to returns without receipts. Here is a link to an article about the old info:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/104239/shopper_alert_retailers_rejecting_customer.html?cat=46

Found iced tea makers in with the summer clearance items. No red stickers, but ringing 50% off:

###072080139 Sunbeam 3 quart iced tea maker 9.99 was 19.99

July 4th items still 15%-30% off.

Toy clearance at 30%-50%. Found some soccer balls 75% and a couple large lego sets at 30% off. Legos never make it to 50% off around here, so had to fork out the moola for 30% off.

###204000212 Star Wars Anakin's Y-Wing Star fighter 41.28 was 58.99

###204000235 Lego City Garage 69.98 was 99.99

Shoe department looked like a war zone. Didn't have the patience to wade through mess. Signs read 30% - 75% off.

Last week, our "Dollar Spot" (black spot) turned into the 25 cent spot! I scored a ton of 80 page, list type note pads, AA and AAA battery 4 packs, ankle socks, nylon tote bags, insulatd 6 pack coolers, drinking straws in 250 packs, I bought 85 items for just 17 bucks and tax!