Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

If anyone sees the grills go on clearance please post or message me. Ours is falling apart and DH has birthday coming in August.

I was in the Chesapeake Target on Hilcrest and they have a lot of petshop single figures at 30% off. I am hoping they go lower. They would be great for stockings.

our patio stuff was 50% off yesterday on the little tags on the items, but signs up still said 30%. I am watching the solar fountains, really want one, but just dont have the $50 right now

Our stuff is just 30%. What do the solar fountains look like? Don't think I've seen them at all. Are they inside with the patio stuff, or outside with the plants?

If anyone sees the grills go on clearance please post or message me. Ours is falling apart and DH has birthday coming in August

I was in the Chesapeake Target on Hilcrest and they have a lot of petshop single figures at 30% off. I am hoping they go lower. They would be great for stockings.

Grills are always hit or miss, it seems. They have some clearanced at some of our stores, but other stores are full price for all of them. They tend to go quickly once they hit 50%, too.

LPS figs have been 50% here for 3 weeks.

We don't have an outside plant section here, the fountains were in the aisle with planting pots, and some small furniture and outdoor figures. They are blue, with three or four little flat type pots that cascade down into one big pot

Our stuff is just 30%. What do the solar fountains look like? Don't think I've seen them at all. Are they inside with the patio stuff, or outside with the plants?

Grills are always hit or miss, it seems. They have some clearanced at some of our stores, but other stores are full price for all of them. They tend to go quickly once they hit 50%, too.

LPS figs have been 50% here for 3 weeks.

I will stop on the way home and scan LPS just in case they are lower. Grills go fast here too but so far no clearance on them. Honestly I would settle for 30% off on the grill. I have 4 Targets I could check if I need too. It seems they are all different

Good day at the Target for me - I suppose. DH actually wanted to go to Target to see if he could get in on the Xbox 360 deal. So he voluntarily drove out about 30 minutes to a Target that we don't normally go to to check it out (the Targets close to us are too busy & always OOS). The first one didn't have it so he drove to another one - and found it. I meanwhile checked out all the clearances. Nothing really exciting - same types of grocery discounts and some clothing discounts in womens. But overall, very few items were even 75% off. Baby section had little to nothing clearance, even the clothing was really slim. I did see 75% off girls toddler jeans (but they were really dark blue and not the style I was looking for, for DD) - 3.74 (75% off from 14.99). No big item baby stuff at all. But my best find was in the shoe section. I had purchased DD the white toddler sandals in Ohio for 50% off. Well, they finally were marked down here and to 75% off (this is 5 weeks later than everyone else). I got the 2 sizes that I got before, but they didn't have anything larger than a size 5 as I was hoping to find size 6. So I can return the higher priced ones.

Also they had a lot of shoes on clearance. Most of the adult ones were 30-50% off, but the kids/toddler/baby were anywhere from 30-75% off. Most flip flops were 50-75% off, mostly 50% -- hello kitty, and also beach type styles.

I got a grill last summer for 75% off...I had to stalk those babies every single day once they were marked to 50% off. I finally scored one on the day that I figured they would be marked down by asking the markdown person to scan them...sure enough, 75% off. I took the one I wanted and I kid you not, the employees were loading the other 3 that were there onto a flat, probably for themselves. So yeah, it's hard to get a grill for 75% off but it can be done! And as I recall, the grills were the VERY last thing to clearance out of the seasonal items. All of the patio furniture and other big items were long gone. There were school supplies all around the grills that were on clearance, I think it was mid August when I finally got one.

Had a disappointment today... about two weeks ago I bought a set of Waverly Home sheets for 75% off. Today I went to wash them and discovered that there were no pillowcases in the set (as I was stuffing the sheets into the washer). Not sure if they got left out at the factory, or if someone pilfered them. Anyway, I spoke to customer service, explained what had happened, and they did a computer search for me. As I suspected, there were none left in inventory in any local store, and they were also OOS online. Bummer. To Target's credit, they told me it would be no problem to return them, even after washing. I decided that they were so cheap anyway that I will just try to find some similar pillowcases. You can bet I will be checking my purchases more promptly in the future!

Had a disappointment today... about two weeks ago I bought a set of Waverly Home sheets for 75% off. Today I went to wash them and discovered that there were no pillowcases in the set (as I was stuffing the sheets into the washer). Not sure if they got left out at the factory, or if someone pilfered them. Anyway, I spoke to customer service, explained what had happened, and they did a computer search for me. As I suspected, there were none left in inventory in any local store, and they were also OOS online. Bummer. To Target's credit, they told me it would be no problem to return them, even after washing. I decided that they were so cheap anyway that I will just try to find some similar pillowcases. You can bet I will be checking my purchases more promptly in the future!

Last year I got home with some nice King Size sheets (hard to find here - not Cal King, just King) from Macys. Washed them and tossed the packaging. Went to put them on and discovered they were Queens in a King package. VERY frustrating. Couldn't do a return. Mom has a queen bed, so I gave them to her on her next visit. Now I check when I take them out.

I think the summer toy clearance is starting! I saw a ton of toys on the endcaps today (at 30% off) that were not there last week. I didn't get a chance to check out what everything was b/c I had my kids with me, but there were 3-4 endcaps shoved full of toys. Obviously it will be a long while before the big 75% off day, but it's exciting to see it getting started!

Oh, and patio was 30% off, including a whole aisle of smaller patio/garden items.

And I went to Target specifically looking for a pot for a potted plant and found a really cute one that scanned $0.00...I asked a team member with a scanner and he told me the last selling price was $3.74 and they sold it to me for that. I love it when that happens!

this is a question sorry! we got the iPod touch the week before they were offering the $20 dollar gift card, can we go with our receipt and get the free gift card? than you

I'd at least try. Or see if you can buy it now and return it on the old receipt if they say no. Make sure they don't have any return restrictions on it. It is rare, but sometimes they do for electronics.

I think the summer toy clearance is starting! I saw a ton of toys on the endcaps today (at 30% off) that were not there last week. I didn't get a chance to check out what everything was b/c I had my kids with me, but there were 3-4 endcaps shoved full of toys. Obviously it will be a long while before the big 75% off day, but it's exciting to see it getting started!

They usually have some stuff that is clearanced earlier than the rest, however, you might ask and find out if your store is getting a remodel. Our 2 closest stores are both getting a full remodel with the toy sections being moved to a totally different part of the store next month. So, they might want to do clearance a couple of weeks early in those stores. They'll want to do the re-set with the new merchandise rather than set it up twice by moving it then changing it over.

I saw the gi joe figures and play set with the mask for 90 percent off, so the action figures were 88 cents

Lucky you! They don't usually take stuff that low except holiday merchandise or stuff that is way old and found in the back. Ours went 75% this week.

I'd at least try. Or see if you can buy it now and return it on the old receipt if they say no. Make sure they don't have any return restrictions on it. It is rare, but sometimes they do for electronics.

I would be careful trying to buy a new one and return on the old receipt. Items like ipod touches typically have a serial number linked to the receipt. If the serial number is different, they won't allow the return. I am not 100% sure on this, but a word of caution.

I would be careful trying to buy a new one and return on the old receipt. Items like ipod touches typically have a serial number linked to the receipt. If the serial number is different, they won't allow the return. I am not 100% sure on this, but a word of caution.

Very interesting. Electronics are touchy, which is why I said make sure about restrictions. Definitely check that out if you feel you have to go that route.

Girls jeans 75% off here today...$2.74!

Some food 50% off. Lots and lots of toys at 30%.

Those snow cone makers are 30% off and I want one so bad, but at 50% off at the most. But there were 5/6 at my store and now only 2, so it looks like they may not last to 50% off! Fingers crossed.

Ours were still only 50 off if that makes you feel better! Most of the ones left arent' the size I need anymore either so kind of gave up on them..... :( I did look though today in case someone returned some and they went down....but no such luck either way!

First time posting, lets see how this goes. I'm in California and shop the Elsinore target which has gotten very disappointing. For the past 9 months or so our Target has been very stingy with their clearance markdowns. Where at one time would take a week to 10 days to reduce the percentages it is now months on some things. Would this be the economy or what?? So, I go in today expecting markdowns on kids clothing… ummm no! Markdowns are just starting out throughout our store, we are at about 30% where the clearance signs are. Patio area, some are 30 and some are 50 percent… ohh fun to take that HUGE box over to scan it, right? I was in the San Diego area yesterday… went to the target in vista and they had the majority of the children's clothes on clearance. It was between 30-50 percent on 80% of the department. Now knowing that North San Diego county usually doesn't get past a 50% markdown because people will buy it up at 30%. So I just knew that today ours would be like 75% off… LOL not even on clearance. What is up… anyone??

Any chance on getting that swimming pool on clearance soon???

Oh, and by the way...there are still two Backugan tins sitting on the clearance endcap at $12.48 (50% off). Those things have been 50% off for like two months. I just crack up everytime I see them! Why haven't they been salvaged if they aren't going to mark them down? I'm pretty sure those babies will sit there until Christmas!

Oh, and by the way...there are still two Backugan tins sitting on the clearance endcap at $12.48 (50% off). Those things have been 50% off for like two months. I just crack up everytime I see them! Why haven't they been salvaged if they aren't going to mark them down? I'm pretty sure those babies will sit there until Christmas!

Funny! I saw one yesterday too (the baukugan tins) and they were still 17 something at the store I was at! I don't even want the darn thing anymore but I keep looking just to see!

Finally found some jeans today marked down 75% off! WHEW! FINALLY! Most of the dark ones were gone in my sizes but got a bunch of the lighter ones just to have. My girls wear through them so fast! They must crawl on their knees all day long when they are in school. HA!

They aren't going anywhere. They are full price at some stores. Some stores have the $17.48 price on the shelf tag.

The summary of the listed deals? When gottadeal upgraded, Brad removed it. It is now only accessible at perimeterperusing.com instead.

HTH!

Thanks for the info! I'm a fan of the summary. I always appreciate the "###" posts as it saves me so much time when I'm on the hunt and not able to read through everything when I'm running around. The rest of the posts are great with my weekend morning coffee. I would rather read those than the paper! :yup:

Patio area, some are 30 and some are 50 percent… ohh fun to take that HUGE box over to scan it, right? Any chance on getting that swimming pool on clearance soon???

Write down the number that is on the clearance tag and then type it into the scanner. No dragging big boxes!!