Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

did great on diapers today

huggies 8.99

wipes 2.54

- 3 manuf diaper Q

- 1 manuf wipe Q

- 3.50 TQ for buying both diapers & wipes (I know, it was supposed to be the big packs of wipes but...)

So, Total (8.99 + 2.54) 11.53 - (3 + 1 + 3.50) 7.50 = 4.03

Forgot to mention that they marked a number of toys on down to 75% off yesterday. Nothing I wanted, but it included the battle strikers black thingy, FAMPS and Ni Hao Kai Lan Mega Bloks. Not GI Joe. Dancing Buzz Lightyear was marked last week at one and this week at another.

The Princess and the Frog dolls were also marked down yesterday. I got one that lights up and one that turns into a frog for $6.xx each. I also got the Ni Hao Kai Lan Mega Bloks for $7.48 and I found Ni Hao Kai Lan little girls underwear for $2.65 (30% off) and I used the $3 off coupon from Target.com for two Ni Hao Kai Lan products.

I picked up a Liberty of London babydoll tank in the Ladies Clearance section for $2.48 (reg 9.99). It is listed as XL, but just fits me as a medium. Do you think it might be a girls' size? How would I know from the tag?

I picked up a Liberty of London babydoll tank in the Ladies Clearance section for $2.48 (reg 9.99). It is listed as XL, but just fits me as a medium. Do you think it might be a girls' size? How would I know from the tag?

I don't think they did LOL in the girls stuff, did they? All ours was salvaged after 30%.

Littlest pet shop singles were on clearance for 50% ($1.4x)

This one is highly variable. They clearanced them at some stores about 6 weeks ago, and now they are full price again. They have them 50% off here at some of our stores. Others have the exact same toy full price. And the price varies from $1.48-$1.68 depending on the full price ($2.99 some stores and $3.29 others).

I don't think it applies to this assortment, but on a side note, there is a BOGO coupon for LPS on coupons.com. it only applies to the regular packs, I believe. And for those who buy LPS, the purse & postcard sets are on sale for $4 per pack and the multi packs are back to $9.99. Sorry, this is stuff I reported to the LPS collector's site, and didn't get on here.

I don't think they did LOL in the girls stuff, did they? All ours was salvaged after 30%.

I'm pretty sure they did because I bought my dd a shirt a month or so ago - and I know they had swimsuits and flipflops.

I couldn't really tell if the coupon was for the ones on clearance or not...it says for the "collectable" ones...aren't they all? I don't know. But I tried it on the ones at my store and it did work with no beeps. They were on clearance for $1.48 and all at the registers.

ETA: I'm talking about the Littlest Pet Shop things.

I'm pretty sure they did because I bought my dd a shirt a month or so ago - and I know they had swimsuits and flipflops.

The coupon lists 4 assortments, and they are all the standard packs. But, hey, if it works, it works. It does limit the value to $5.99.

The coupon lists 4 assortments, and they are all the standard packs. But, hey, if it works, it works. It does limit the value to $5.99.

Okay I printed out another one and read the fine print. Seriously? They put the NUMBERS of the products that the coupon is good for on the coupon? When I looked at it all I saw was "Buy a Select Littlest Pet Shop Collectible Pet and Get one Free" not all of the serial numbers under that. I have a feeling they will get a lot of these coupons used on the wrong things because I usually try pretty hard to make sure I'm getting the right thing and this one threw me off. I think it would be easier for people to use if they put the names of the things on there. Or just make it good for all LPS items up to a certain price...that would be even better!

Oh, well...no big deal. It did go through with no beeps and automatically took the $1.48 off with no input from the cashier.

Okay I printed out another one and read the fine print. Seriously? They put the NUMBERS of the products that the coupon is good for on the coupon? When I looked at it all I saw was "Buy a Select Littlest Pet Shop Collectible Pet and Get one Free" not all of the serial numbers under that. I have a feeling they will get a lot of these coupons used on the wrong things because I usually try pretty hard to make sure I'm getting the right thing and this one threw me off. I think it would be easier for people to use if they put the names of the things on there. Or just make it good for all LPS items up to a certain price...that would be even better!

Oh, well...no big deal. It did go through with no beeps and automatically took the $1.48 off with no input from the cashier.

It does have the pictures as well, and they are all the standard figures. I don't imagine Target will mind. They'll get the amount you paid covered, and Hasbro won't ever know.

It does have the pictures as well, and they are all the standard figures. I don't imagine Target will mind. They'll get the amount you paid covered, and Hasbro won't ever know.

My Target doesn't seem to care about the coupons too much. Coupons often beep through even if you aren't buying the specified product. If the register tells the cashier the specified product wasn't found, they usually just glance at the coupon and hit enter to force it to go through. I figure either A) Target doesn't care because they will get reimbursed anyway; B) Target is not adequately training employees in coupons; and/or C) Employee turnover is so high that newbies have not yet been scolded for taking coupons they shouldn't. No matter what, both the manufacturer and Target are still making boatloads of money off the customer (via markups, impulse buys, brand loyalty, etc.)

I have not posted before, so I don't know how to note the previous postings, but I wanted to thank those that posted about the Fender guitars at 75%. None near me, but on vacation, I knew what to look for and picked up one acoustic and one electric for my son's birthday! THANK YOU!

Found a great Delaney Hutch #249200037 for $17.48 was $69.99 was just sitting in the wrong spot that said 19.99 and asked the sales guy if that was the correct price and he said no..:( then he yelled i found the sticker and it's $17.48. Love Target:D

Seems like for me anymore all of my legit coupons except maybe one or two ALWAYS beep. And I'm pretty good about making sure what I get is what is pictured or stated on the coupons. I always spend an extra 5-10 minutes digging each item out of my bag showing them I do in fact have the item and it matches. It's very frustrating as to why it does that when I clearly have the items. Makes me feel like a criminal as they are usually not very nice about it. This has happened to me at multiple stores/different cashiers.

Seems like for me anymore all of my legit coupons except maybe one or two ALWAYS beep. And I'm pretty good about making sure what I get is what is pictured or stated on the coupons. I always spend an extra 5-10 minutes digging each item out of my bag showing them I do in fact have the item and it matches. It's very frustrating as to why it does that when I clearly have the items. Makes me feel like a criminal as they are usually not very nice about it. This has happened to me at multiple stores/different cashiers.

I went a couple of days ago and can say with confidence that ALL of my coupons except for the Littlest Pet Shop b1g1 were for the right items. Most were even things like "Any Aveeno Suncare Product" and I bought a full size Aveeno sunscreen...absolutely no way that it was wrong. But I would say that 75% of them beeped. And the funny thing was that the only ones that were NOT for the right thing (Littlest Pet Shop...I didn't see the fine print before I used it) when right through with no beeps! That system is totally messed up.

Same thing was happening to me so much that I was dreading check out at my Target and actually stopped going as often. Every time it happens I send them an email via the link on their website on "my store expeirence." The surveys at the end of the receipt are long and useless. I got what truly seemed like a reply from an actual person each time, and they stated they were sharing concerns with management. I figured if they get enough complaints maybe someone will do something about it. My store's customer service counter is actually quite helpful, but I got tired of spending even extra time sorting things out after my extra long checkouts while my infant who has figured out how to unbuckle her belt tries to take a nose dive out of the cart. There are a few cashiers that I avoid like the plague, and my last 2 trips have gone surprisingly well. Not sure if it is a coincidence or if the constructive feedback made a difference.