Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Thanks so much Sarasuzymama for the details and photos. Dang - no toddler shoes are clearanced here. I saw those shoes last week and they were all regular price. I keep getting sizes messed up as well. DD has small feet like me and only a size 4, right now. How fast do their feet grow?

Lots and lots of grocery items marked down 15% today, especially in the baking isle. My store's grocery items rarely seem to go below 15%, so I know it is a gamble if I wait for lower. Still 15% isn't a bad deal when I combine some coupons. The items weren't on endcaps either--- it was all in the aisles. Also found boxed Kraft Mac & cheese for .33. Got hassled by the cashier about coupons again--- how hard is it to train your employees to know your own policies-- grrrr. Some of the things I remember at 15%: target brand cranberry juice, variety of spices, duncan hines cake and brownie mixes, jack links teriyaki beef jerkey, planters bagged cashews, cascadian farms granola bars, lots of spices, few random cupcake/cake decorating items, granulated splenda, brown sugar splenda, olive oil spray, some canned fruits, some wine, few types of gum multipacks, and there was lots more but I'm drawing a blank. Don't forget to look in the fridges and freezers b/c there was lots in there too.

Lots and lots of grocery items marked down 15% today, especially in the baking isle. My store's grocery items rarely seem to go below 15%, so I know it is a gamble if I wait for lower. Still 15% isn't a bad deal when I combine some coupons. The items weren't on endcaps either--- it was all in the aisles. Also found boxed Kraft Mac & cheese for .33. Got hassled by the cashier about coupons again--- how hard is it to train your employees to know your own policies-- grrrr. Some of the things I remember at 15%: target brand cranberry juice, variety of spices, duncan hines cake and brownie mixes, jack links teriyaki beef jerkey, planters bagged cashews, cascadian farms granola bars, lots of spices, few random cupcake/cake decorating items, granulated splenda, brown sugar splenda, olive oil spray, some canned fruits, some wine, few types of gum multipacks, and there was lots more but I'm drawing a blank. Don't forget to look in the fridges and freezers b/c there was lots in there too.

Just an FYI, food clearance is sometimes local to a store or area. It depends on what is popular at a particular store and often expiration dates. Sometimes things like the teriyaki beef jerky or the odd flavors of granola bars (I believe they are apple spice this time) are just discontinued chain-wide, but other stuff, like cake mixes may just be related to dates. Around here the selection is highly variable, too, with some stores having lots of Latino items (love that Mexican Coke!!) and others having lots of Asian items. So YMMV.

We have a lot of wine and some beer clearance right now. For those whose stores sell beer & wine...Cant stand Budweiser, but for those who like it, the 20 packs were marked down. I am watching it to use in my garden. Makes awesome slug bait! The other beer I noticed was Becks Dark.

###Imaginext Dragon Launchers & Imaginext Alien Gift Sets were 75% off - $4.98 today.

Tiana did not go down, nor did the Zippity software or the GI Joe figures.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uZ4e0acNL._SS500_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519mRNAB9kL._SS500_.jpg

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for listing on perimeterperusing.com

Back on the food clearance....Just an FYI, the clearance Market Pantry brownie mix says "dark chocolate" on it, but it tastes like any other standard brownie. Not really dark. I have a dark chocolate hating 9 year old and he just gave me a hug and told me thank you for making them. They actually had better flavor than some others I've had. So...when they go cheaper (we only got one today because the kids were shopping with me)...I'll get more.

Scored a few pairs of girls shoes today! Both white and pink sparkly ones (these were only 30% off earlier thiIs week) were $3.24 (75% off). Also, the Disney Princess tennis shoes were $3.74!!! (75% off). The were tagged on the shelf as $10.48, but there was one pair with the clearance shoes at $3.74 so I scanned a different size and sure enough...75% off!

Kites were 75% off, but the Tiana dolls and (of course) Backugan tins didn't change. They may not have been done marking them, though.

I have officially given up on the bakugon tins.....I seen these princess shoes but when I saw 10.XX I walked away..:( Guess I will have to go back tomorrow and scan them....;)

I have officially given up on the bakugon tins.....I seen these princess shoes but when I saw 10.XX I walked away..:( Guess I will have to go back tomorrow and scan them....;)

the price tag showed $10 but they rang up 14.99 ... i am not sure whats going on... didn't want to buy at $10 ...:(

nothing much to report here... Circo toys were 75%.. remaining Toy Story were at 50%...

When is targets big 75% off toy sale in the summer? i am not sure if it was June or July? I"m seeing people posting 75% toy deals already??

July/August. They clearance items throughout the year, not just in January and the summer. There is just a lot more during the big sales.

I wonder if the boys is on clearance too. Anyone know?

It was on an endcap and was the only one there so I'm not sure. I never saw them at a lower % off but I wasn't looking either. It has the handle thing for the parent to push the trike around..

Dollar spot question...I can't remember from last time. If the sign on the 50% purple dollar spot says through 5/23 (which is a Sunday,) will it go to 75% on 5/23 or 5/24? Thanks!

The Targets I shop are true to the dates on the signs. They will go 75% on 5/24 . . . now that I've put this in the forum, they will probably go today!!:D

Thanks so much for the post about it going 75%-- I didn't see it until this afternoon and it was somewhat picked over by the time I got there, but I managed to get at least a few things I needed for shower favors. If I'm lucky another color will drop before the actual event. I did a quick lap around the store and didn't see much new except they moved most clearance from the aisles to the endcaps.

Dollar Spot was 75% of purple dot at my local Target yesterday (Saturday 5/22, signage reflected the 75%). Managed to score a bunch of items I didn't need, but for 25 cents, what the heck. I saw quite a bit of gardening items (hose sprayers, twine, seed packets, seed pots, plastic tools, gloves); some pet items (tiny dog t-shirts, warning:dog signs); kiddie favor items (jewelry, lipgloss, plastic bugs, "ant farms", hair ties, tongue tattoos); and the usual stuff they seem to have every season (reusable bags, notepads, sticky notes, stickers, window clings).

They also had Venus Embrace razors on clearance for $3.48 (single refillable razor with no additional refill blades). I had one Mfr coupon for $2 off, and a Target Q to get a free $5 giftcard with purchase of two razors or refills (both Q's from the Sunday inserts), so they ended up being free except for tax. If I had one more Mfr Q I would have made $2 off the deal, since you can stack Mfr and Target coupons, but for some reason I have not been getting as many coupon inserts lately.

Thanks for the tip on 75% off Dollar Spot! I went this afternoon and while it was pretty picked through, I managed to get what I wanted, which was a bunch of the Disney Princess hair accessories and bracelets for my daughter's birthday goodie bags. Also picked up a few bug items!

dollar spot had one small end cap full of crap at 30% off when I passed by on Saturday, all the princess stuff was gone and the books. but I did find a cute toddler 3pc dress shirt/vest and pants for 5.xx regular 22.xx and a snow white bike helmet and bell for 4.98

girl's jeans still 50%, girl's princess shoes still $10.xx

some of the deodorant, shampoo, etc in the bulk stuff is 15%-30%

dove deodorant is $3.50 for the 2 pack (reg $5). I have a internet printed manuf coupon for $1.50 and Target internet coupon for $1 so it makes it $1 for 2!