Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Valentine 90% off in Kansas City. I went to the Target at Legends, which still had 2 aisles full of stuff. Smpkwy Target, had 2 endcaps, very minimal. I spent about $40 bucks and bought lots of tshirts-leggings-underwear for kids and nieces. At 11am on Sunday-today, still had lots of stock.

I really was waiting for the $ spot to go to 90% off

Dollar spot gets salvaged after 75%, never goes to 90%. Our Target vday finally went 90% this AM. I was lucky to find some women's sleepwear Vday stuff in the sleepwear section. I got 2 pairs of capri sleep pants for 70 cents each- 1 pink with small white hearts and one lavender, pink and peach plaid- and 1 short sleeved shirt for 60 cents. Not much in the way of vday stuff- about 1 endcap full. Picked up a few valentines packs for 27 cents each and some tongue tattoos for my sons bday party goody bags next month.

Dollar spot gets salvaged after 75%, never goes to 90%.

Actually, I have one Target that does go to 90% at the dollar spot. It lasts for one day, then they haul everything that's left away. It's the only one in my loop, but I always make an effort to get there at the right time for 10 cent fun!

I just saw this yesterday but it was only 30%. I'd love to get one at 75% but will consider 50%. I don't actually sew more than buttons and stitching up tears but for 75%, I'd give it a try...lol

That's basically all that she wants one for... I would love to find one at 75% but I seldom find the bargains that a lot do on here. I had been to one local Target earlier in the day yesterday and they had the same one for 30% off as well, so I was excited to find it at the other for 50% off! Hopefully she'll like it.;)

I LOVE :hearthrob my Target manager. 90% off VDay lots of candy, sox, slippers, clothes, animals, blanket, washcloths etc. To top off all of that, the Graco Alana travel system in mulbury for $23 regular $198!!!! Mgr. even took it out & put it in my car:D

OOOOOO . . . almost makes me want to fly to Ohio to do my Target shopping! I'm green with envy!! :D

I LOVE :hearthrob my Target manager. 90% off VDay lots of candy, sox, slippers, clothes, animals, blanket, washcloths etc. To top off all of that, the Graco Alana travel system in mulbury for $23 regular $198!!!! Mgr. even took it out & put it in my car:D

I remember one year - probably almost 10 years ago, I got nifty vday stuff for 90% off- towels etc. But it was a long time ago when I knew nothing about clearances.

Should I be looking in the individual department of these as opposed to the seasonal section? I only saw cards, candy & tissue paper.

Wow! You grabbed some good deals! I got the same stroller 3 weeks ago but for $72 and it was the last one, I didn't want to take the chance so I bought it. Doesn't it feel really good when you grab some great deals? I also do a happy dance afterwards.:g_dance:

Should I be looking in the individual department of these as opposed to the seasonal section? I only saw cards, candy & tissue paper.

Yes!:yup:

Most of what I bought was not in with the VD clearance. They were not marked, and in with the childrens & ladies dept. toy dept. Scan everything with a heart & look for items with different qty.,or red hangers, slippers have stripes. Baby dept.look for different colored tags then the new stock. Pink trim not yellow. It took time but was well worth it, especially with 7 grandaughters!;)

Actually, I have one Target that does go to 90% at the dollar spot. It lasts for one day, then they haul everything that's left away. It's the only one in my loop, but I always make an effort to get there at the right time for 10 cent fun!

Oh, I'm soooo jealous. I would go crazy at 90% dollar spot.....

Oh, I'm soooo jealous. I would go crazy at 90% dollar spot.....

O my gosh!!! You guys found so many good deals... It's too bad I've given up shopping at Target for lent. It's so tempting when I read the posts, but I can do it. Well, see you guys in 40 days. :yup:

Yes!:yup:

Most of what I bought was not in with the VD clearance. They were not marked, and in with the childrens & ladies dept. toy dept. Scan everything with a heart & look for items with different qty.,or red hangers, slippers have stripes. Baby dept.look for different colored tags then the new stock. Pink trim not yellow. It took time but was well worth it, especially with 7 grandaughters!;)

Thanks for the information. I went back this morning and I was able to find a few things with your advice :) There really wasn't anything left except candy (sweetharts) & cards.

### Littlest Pet Shop Valentine Toy $0.59 (got 2 different one)

### Photo Frames $0.49 each (got 5 assorted styles)

### Hand Towel $0.39

### Toddler Long-sleeves shirt (18M, 24M & 2T) $0.50 each

Total for 10 items today was $5.88. Yay - thanks everyone for sharing their finds.

Dollar spot gets salvaged after 75%, never goes to 90%.

Thanks for the information. I saw the 90% listed in the 1st thread so live & learn for me. Sounds like only selected stores do 90%. At least I got 16 items on Sat - which was my first time ever shopping the dollar spot. As suspected, all the red dot was salvaged today in the dollar spot - straggling items rang up at INF.

I also saw a Field Crest Luxury bath towel that rang up at INF - oh well. All of the bulk items (forgot what the event was called) have been packed away or put onto the clearance shelves at 15-30% off. They have the new signs up for the next seasonal items (on completely bare shelves).

Vday and dollar spot Salvaged here in MI too. I missed 90% yesterday, but just didn't feel like going again after a trip Friday and Sat. Tried to find a few stray items today- but nothing was ringing up - the stickers with Vday messages were still full price and the heart PJs (nick and Nora I think) were still full price too. Bummer.

our dollar spot and vd stuff was salvaged too...nothing left. but get this, the bulk stuff was only 15%!!!!! it's been that way forever!!! does anyone know what day they might mark that stuff down??? there's tons left and i'd like to get a good deal, but 15% is NOT worth it. by the way, hubby is trying to get me to give up target for lent!!!

I didn't make it to Target at all over the weekend to check for the 90% off V-Day, but went this morning and there was NOTHING. All gone. I did find a Yo Gabba Gabba Valentine's Day book (it even had removable valentine's in the back). It rang up full price, but I talked him into giving it to me for 90% off. Not sure if it was supposed to be or not, but it was VERY clearly a V-Day book and I've seen other books in the V-Day section, so who knows.

Found the Hefty...thanks for the tip on that one!

There are tons of good deals using Target coupons right now...I put them on my blog, but don't want to take up space here since they aren't technically perimeter perusing finds.

I'm waiting and waiting for bulk to go down to 50% off. Anyone know what day they mark those seasonal sections down? My stores have the stuff spread out all over now, so will they just mark down certain items along with the rest of that section? (So, they would mark the bulk food down when the mark the other food down, and the bulk health/beauty down when they do that section and so on).

I just see several posters saying valentines is salvaged, so does vday candy not go to 90% off like the other stuff? My store has a lot of vday candy mixed in with the regular ones, so should I buy them at 75 off instead of waiting for it to be 90%off. Please advice as this is my first time shopping vday clearance.

I went to Target this morning and the V-day stuff was still marked 75%, but was scanning 90%. I went back this afternoon so my son could pick out some of the cards and they still hadn't changed the signs, so nobody was buying it. I also noticed in the baby section there are two different sets of pj's that have hearts on them and look like they could be V-day, but they both rang up regular price. Has anyone found any V-day pj's clearance?

I also noticed in the baby section there are two different sets of pj's that have hearts on them and look like they could be V-day, but they both rang up regular price. Has anyone found any V-day pj's clearance?

The Vday looking PJs were not on clearance in my store either. They were in the section with the regular PJs so I figured they would not. I also couldn't find any other vday baby items, except 3 shirts.

I'm so glad my store won't be salvaging vday until after closing tonight. I consider myself lucky to get what I did this morning after reading other posts. Actually I think they added more clothes back to the baby clearance clothes marked at 30% that wasn't there over the weekend. Lots of hello kitty outfits 30% off.

I forgot to add earlier - the domestics had the 4 pack of dinner napkins (casual home collection) 75% off $1.74 and the bathmats and vinyl table clothes at 75%. The rest were 30 or 50% off. All the sheet sets were marked 30% but I didn't have time to scan them to check if they were just unmarked. I saw some small wash clothes at $1.74 (75% off). A lot of the cards/gift bags in the card department were marked 30-50% off - a lot of assorted varieties.

I just see several posters saying valentines is salvaged, so does vday candy not go to 90% off like the other stuff? My store has a lot of vday candy mixed in with the regular ones, so should I buy them at 75 off instead of waiting for it to be 90%off. Please advice as this is my first time shopping vday clearance.

For Halloween & Christmas, it seems that they took it all the way down. But because Vday is so close to Easter, maybe they decided not to this time around. Hard to say, but I'd buy it if you want it. I would not count on it going all the way down. They want to get Easter out, so they may just be moving it. We didn't have anything left at our stores, which is probably why they salvaged it. The entire salvage pile was 3 of those overstock boxes they use. I know because I went through them and the department manager told me that was all that was left.

Oh, be sure to check the regular candy aisle. I found some of the Ghiradelli chocolates there. They have little hears on the packages but they aren't easily obvious.

Our V-day was completely gone yesterday, but I did find a few stray items. I found a box of Choxie that was reg. $15 for like 8 pieces of chocolate! I bought it at $1.50 thinking that if it were that expensive it must be some good chocolate, but I swear I don't think I've ever had chocolate so disgusting!! Even my kids wouldn't eat it, and it made me gag!!! Anyway, I also found a Puppy In My Pocket for .39 and 2 MLP mini pony sets for .59. That was all I was able to find though. They did mark some more of the Great Save items to 75%. I got a huge pack of retractable Sharpies for $2.94 and there was 2 different crayola sets for 75% off, as well as a few other things like paper and such. They had to have marked this stuff yesterday because it wasn't marked that on Saturday.

Our V-day was completely gone yesterday, but I did find a few stray items. I found a box of Choxie that was reg. $15 for like 8 pieces of chocolate! I bought it at $1.50 thinking that if it were that expensive it must be some good chocolate, but I swear I don't think I've ever had chocolate so disgusting!! Even my kids wouldn't eat it, and it made me gag!!!

Yep, it is nasty!

WOW!!!! that is so awesom on the Alano travel system I was lucky to get it at $89.99. Would have loved if I found it at $23!!!!

For Halloween & Christmas, it seems that they took it all the way down. But because Vday is so close to Easter, maybe they decided not to this time around. Hard to say, but I'd buy it if you want it. I would not count on it going all the way down. They want to get Easter out, so they may just be moving it. We didn't have anything left at our stores, which is probably why they salvaged it. The entire salvage pile was 3 of those overstock boxes they use. I know because I went through them and the department manager told me that was all that was left.

Oh, be sure to check the regular candy aisle. I found some of the Ghiradelli chocolates there. They have little hears on the packages but they aren't easily obvious.

I didn't find any vday ghirardelli but picked up some hersheys bliss yesterday that I was waiting for 90% off.....75% off is better than full price