Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I have done so much returning the last few days because I bought clothing (mostly childrens) at 50% off since there were only one or two of the sizes I needed. Then the following week I see the exact same stuff marked 75% off and at least 3 or 4 of the size I bought?! I wonder if they found more in the back or if lots of people are returning and then they sit there.

I also think the wooden 44 inch tall doll house I found was a return because the clearance toys have been picked over for a while at my Targets and there it was 75% off. I paid 29.98 was over 120.00. I also found the camping stuff mentioned earlier 75% off. Coleman camping grill 20.98 was 80.xx.

Went to two Targets today. The toys were pretty well picked over at both - but I did get two of the circo fire engines today - $5 each. Great for gifts! Went ahead and got the FurReal elephant too, it was the last one left and DD loves elephants.

No soccer shoes on sale. I was bummed about that - I would have gotten them on clearance.

What I was really after though was camping stuff. Man, that stuff was wiped out! I did get an inflatable mattress for $5. Could only find one sleeping bag on clearance. I got it, but I needed 3.

my target still had some of the christmas oreos but they werent ringing up a price and my friend told the cashier she had bought some about a week ago and they rang up for less than a dollar and the cashier was like ohh well sorry i have to charge you 2 dollars for them.

I had the same scenario with the tape a week ago, one store just put the 3 pack through at a dollar and the other store had someone check it and their eyes about bulged when saw the price but since she hadn't SAID anything the front end person said "regular price" 2.99. I advised had bought cheaper (not true, but you guys had:)) and she said she COULD sell it to me for a dollar, like she was doing me a favor?! So I told them they could keep it, had I needed it, I'm sure it would have been a good price but considering a)I knew the real price and B) THEY knew the real price I was just miffed. It's one thing to refuse to sell something but to arbitrarily make up a price because you don't want to sell it at last price is something else. I considered calling corporate but figured it wasn't worth it.

Found a few things in baby 75% off, got the Tiddlewinks mod sport bumper set for $17.xx, a bottle drying rack for $3.xx, and a boppy slipcover for $3.74. Other then that most was still at 50%at the 1st store I was at. The 2nd store I hit I couldn't find anything other then the 2 pack Gerber sleepers and tons of the Graco travel systems at 50%. No idea where everything went to, it was 8:45 in the morning! I was there at 6pm on Friday so I know they didn't markdown on Friday and they had lots of stuff but this morning just empty shelves. Not even the random thing at 30% or 50%, it was just all gone. I asked a sales associate and she just said it must of all just sold already or something. So disappointed, there was a couple of things I wanted there like the steam sterilizer and extra sheets. The 3rd store I hit looked like it went on Friday, most was picked over and odds and ends left. Of course the Eddie Bauer bassinet I have stalking is stilll at 30% after 4 weeks so skipped on that.

In toys I found a couple of good returns, the Circo Train Table for $21.xx (got one last year at 75% off and wanted an extra one for upstairs for his Imaginext toys) and a Smart Cycle Bob the Builder game (only one I didn't find earlier on clearance). Made up for the lackluster baby 75% off stuff today.

My Target's circo toys are regular price. When I asked the markdown team person she said she didn't know anything about circo toys being on clearance. It is a bummer to have only 1 Target in my town. I get excited when I read of others great finds and then go to my store and the stuff is still regular price or at the most 30%. Oh well... I did get the toaster oven my mom wants for her b-day $10 off so that was good.

I had the same scenario with the tape a week ago, one store just put the 3 pack through at a dollar and the other store had someone check it and their eyes about bulged when saw the price but since she hadn't SAID anything the front end person said "regular price" 2.99. I advised had bought cheaper (not true, but you guys had:)) and she said she COULD sell it to me for a dollar, like she was doing me a favor?! So I told them they could keep it, had I needed it, I'm sure it would have been a good price but considering a)I knew the real price and B) THEY knew the real price I was just miffed. It's one thing to refuse to sell something but to arbitrarily make up a price because you don't want to sell it at last price is something else. I considered calling corporate but figured it wasn't worth it.

Yeah, it stinks, but officially things go back up to the full price after a certain amount of time. If they actually try to look it up in the system, it will give full price. I always try to pick a good, familiar cashier when I have one of those. Even then it doesn't always work out. And sometimes they actually re-stock it for full price. They had those little Pokemon & Mario Kart card boxes in the Christmas section. They clearanced all the way to 90% off, and they are back at full price on the shelves, and ring up full price. Go figure...

They were marking several things in Baby out our stores this morning. I didn't look at the details as there were several women waiting, but I think it was 75% off. At least some was.

Whoever was looking, that DuoGlide stroller also went down this morning. Oh, and there are 2 at the Pasadena 2 story store off Lake for anyone in the SoCal area.

Found smaller Baby items at 75% off today:

### Johnson & Johnson Buddies conditioner: $1.44 (50%)

-$1/1 J&J "any baby toiletry" coupon

=$.44 each

### Playtex sippy cups (2 pack): $1.84 (75%)

Larger items were still 50% off, but were across the store near the toys...they may have eventually marked them today, but I am not in the market, so I didn't wait around.

Also, my Converse shoes (purple suede women's) went 75% off, too.

### Purple Suede Women's Converse: 9.48 (75%)

Lastly, I'm afraid they will be salvaging the toys soon. I found the Barbie laptop sitting in the 75% off section (with lots of Fur Real Elephants!) and scanned it. It was still ringing at $12.48 (50%), but I asked a markdown lady who was nearby to check it and she scanned it and said, "It's salvaged, you can't buy it." My daughter was with me and was going to throw a fit if the lady took it back, so I asked her if I could ask the manager to sell it to me and she gave it back. The cashier gave it to me at 75% off since I told her that it was on the 75% off shelf (which it was), but she had to over-ride the price.

I found that odd that it would be salvaged since it never went to 75% off.

Camping was still 50% off.

Edited by Sarasuzymama

I found that odd that it would be salvaged since it never went to 75% off.

Not everything goes 75% off, so it is entirely possible. They just salvaged a bunch of GPS units at one of my stores this morning. It is less common with toys, but it happens. I am hoping they don't do it with the Legos I stashed, but it might.

Thanks for the info on the Playtex Sippy Cups (if only it would go to 75% here and still be available). I should have shopped Target before. I paid $6.99 for one of my DD's sippy cups and $4.99 for the other ones at the drugstore. Boy am I kicking myself now. What a huge price difference. I wish the Playtex liners in the 8 oz size would be clearance. I need those.

I found a pink and brown stroller for $22.48 today. I needed this to replace the one my husband left out in the rain. It was the only one, but they also had 2 stroller carseat combo sets at 50% off.

###030091745 stroller $22.48

###03111220 black & white christmas dress $4.48

###031131385 the princess and the frog two piece set $4.24

Baby stuff marked down here too, the larger items like strollers (which have all but disappeared) were 50% and smaller items like baby clothes were 75%. Camping was still mostly 50% and almost wiped out. I did see a lot of Coleman LED collapsible lanterns for $7.XX (75%). I think they took 4 C or D cells and claimed between 40-80 hours of light.

The Star Wars pop-up tents were 75% off at my Target today. Probably 6-8 left on the shelf. Also found gloves, hats, mittens at 75% off. Still half an isle of 75% off toys that aren't moving. I keep checking for returns or "found" items and it paid off today with a K'Nex Lava Coaster!

Not everything goes 75% off, so it is entirely possible. They just salvaged a bunch of GPS units at one of my stores this morning. It is less common with toys, but it happens. I am hoping they don't do it with the Legos I stashed, but it might.

Which Lego sets are clearanced for you? I've only found Atlantis at one store....

Which Lego sets are clearanced for you? I've only found Atlantis at one store....

Atlantis is new stuff, not clearance. There are some clearance Power Miners (small sets), Agents, Star Wars and the large Indiana Jones from the last movie (the one that was $50 on BF). Also some small Pirates sets, and Lego City with the orange Truck & helicopter.

Found some boys husky jeans today at 75% off. Thats about it. I have been watching the baby stuff. I need to get a stroller/combo set. It is the only big thinkg I still need for the baby. They are still only 30% off here as of this morning. I am going to go back tomorrow and check again. DH told me to just buy it cause I am wasting so much money in gas going back to check every day, but I can not bring myself to do it. LOL.

What day are picture frames usually marked down? It seems that my target is not following the markdown schedule on page 1. I know that things vary from store to store. Just want to get an idea of when other Targets are marking down pic frames.

thanks

Edited by sallnori

Most of the smaller baby clearance went 75% here yesterday too. There was still a small rack of onsies and little packaged outfits that were still marked 50%, and since I didn't need them I didn't scan to check them. There was still some of the hanging clothes that were 30 - 50% too. I also found Sally Hansen nail polish at 75% off.

###5T sweater 2.25 (x2)

###Gerber 2pk blanket sleeper 2.48 (found the only 5T

###Sally Hansen nail polish 1.26

I finally found a 12v black and decker drill for 9.98 (75% off). I am sure it was a return. My hubby said we will keep it to do small jobs around the house. The mark down team members were in womens clothing when I left this morning. Not sure what other areas they will mark down today???

FINALLY they marked the baby stuff down here. I went early this morning right after taking the older kids to school. They were just marking the stuff down so I waited. I got the stroller I wanted for abby girl, and a high chair. Also bought a few blankets, some sleepers, a bottle rack, a mobile, and a few outfits. I think we have about everything we need for baby girl now. Just waiting her arrival. 3 1/2 more months.

Our big baby stuff was 50% off this morning. There were lots of stroller/carseat combo's, bouncy chairs and exersaucers. Great deals, but I don't need em. I was looking for bedskirts and propane lanterns, both of which I was stalking. And they're gone. Guess I should've bought them at 50% eh? :)

I have found a lot of baby items 50% - 75% off this week, including:

###A wipe warmer (75% - North St. Paul)

###A toliet seat cover for toddlers (in lieu of a potty chair) (75% - North St. Paul)

###A Baby Bjorn "air" (75% - Andover, MN, I took the last one)

###A heart rate monitor (50% - Andover, MN)

###A big box of Huggies wipes (50% - Andover, MN, I took the last one)

#A Bright Starts mobile (50% - Andover, MN)

###I have also seen XL size Good Nights for 50% off at several stores.

Do you have any more details on the toliet seat coveR? TIA