Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I was able to find the step2 kitchen, but it was marked only 30% off and scanned only 50% off. I thought for sure I scored a great deal.. I still bought it. But we had someone scan with a gun and the price didn't change... how is that possible if other people are getting them for 75% off.. and pretty much everything else was 75% off.. didn't notice anything 1/2 off at that store (unlike another local store, who had stuff 1/2 off that was 75% off at another store..and I checked with an employee with a scan gun too..) weird..

Debating on whether to keep the kitchen, would LOVE it at $25... not sure at $50!

Not sure where to post my questions, but, I bought a Monty Rex with coupon at Walmart a few weeks ago (total came to $19.50). I bought the same item today at Target on clearance and with same coupon (total came to $4.75). Will Walmart price adjust if I show them my Target receipt? Just wondering. Otherwise, I will just return the one to Walmart. I am also wondering how much I would get back if I did the return. I have done this at both Target and Kmart (return something bought with a manufacturer coupon) and have gotten back the full price on the item. I don't do this on purpose, but it has happened twice now. Example, I bought a Tag book for $6.48 with a $3 off Leapfrog coupon back in July. The book then went on clearance to $3.48 so I took back the one for $6.48 and even though I only paid $3.48 for it, they gave me back $6.48. Does Walmart do this too?

For those of you whose stores are 50% - I scanned several toy items and they registered 50% off on the Red Scanner. But when I asked an employee to scan it with the PDA, they came up 75%. So make sure to ask someone to scan if toys are showing 50%. Don't know why, but this happened in 3 stores........

Also, please remember, if you didn't get what you want, check back in a couple of days. Some of us will be returning stuff. LOL, so you'll have a second chance!!!!

I was able to find the step2 kitchen, but it was marked only 30% off and scanned only 50% off. I thought for sure I scored a great deal.. I still bought it. But we had someone scan with a gun and the price didn't change... how is that possible if other people are getting them for 75% off.. and pretty much everything else was 75% off.. didn't notice anything 1/2 off at that store (unlike another local store, who had stuff 1/2 off that was 75% off at another store..and I checked with an employee with a scan gun too..) weird..

Debating on whether to keep the kitchen, would LOVE it at $25... not sure at $50!

I found it wierd too that they still kept some stuff 30 off and 50 off with a majority of 75 off but if I recall, they did the same thing last year. It was torture! I wanted some thomas stuff and it's only 30 off! Scanned it all and nothing! Bummer!

I've NEVER seen it picked over so early! I took a super early lunch and was shocked. It was a smash and grab! I too saw a Target employee with a HUGE cart of stuff. Luckily I didn't want a whole lot since my kiddo is getting older, but there was one thing I really wanted and missed out on...the Snow White and 7 Dwarfs set. I know this is a long shot, but if anyone sees one and is willing to grab it for me, I'm in Olathe/Overland Park area...I will pay to have it shipped!!!

ipicked one up, i will know later if the person i bought it for wants it

What time were you in the Gainesville store?

About 10 A.M. They had a lot left at that time. I'm not sure about now. I got the last Smart Cycle. But they had a lot of the Fisher Price 3 in 1 sports games left. Also if you go make sure you check the aisle that has the 50% off sign too all that stuff is 75%.

Ok.. so double checked my receipt and the step2 Kitchen did ring up $25... (was going to call and ask the store to check price again for me now thinking that it had been marked down after I left because there were a couple left)... anyway I was looking at the receipt to find the item number and it rang up right. We asked 2 employees and 1st one had a scan gun that wasn't working so he just used a regular scanner (that customers use), which I knew wouldn't do us any good.. then Mom snagged another employee who told her $50... so unless the employee was mistaken, or mom IS crazy.. then MAYBE someone else actually scanned it right to check for a markdown BEFORE we checked out.

I bought about $140 worth of stuff.. and didn''t see when they scanned the kitchen.. so I didn't realize.. Totally stoked now!!

hi fellow GD bargain hunters, I have a huge favor to ask and I'm upset that I will not be out joining you all in the joy of the hunting tomorrow and Friday. I will be in surgery Thursday morning that involves opening the back of my head for the 3rd time in 3 months. :eek: I have been checking my stores and as of last week the Smartcycle games were still at 17.00. I am on the hunt for any 5 out of the 12 (or more if your store does have them) of the game cartridges for the Smartcycle by Fisher Price at 75% off (reg price 24.99). I (well Santa) purchased one for my 5 year old DD for Christmas. I will pay for the games and all shipping fee’s if someone is kind enough/lucky enough to purchase the cartridges for me. I'm a single mom and you would make my DD very happy and me too, I am so sorry that I have to ask this and that I am not able to be the one shopping.

Thank you so much in advance!

Shannon

SmartCycle by Fisher Price games

Barbie Fairytopia

Bob the Builder

Diego’s Animal Rescue

Dinosaur (Dino software)

Disney’s Cars

Dora the Explorer

Hot Wheels

Planet Heroes

Scooby-Doo

Sesame Street Elmo A Happy Healthy Day

Sponge Bob Square Pants (seems to be 2 different ones - Ocean Adventure and one that just says Sponge Bob)

Thomas the Tank

Shannon:

I have Dora the Explorer Game for Smart Cycle. PM me your address and I will send it to you. Don't worry about the money, just pay it forward when you get a chance. Happy to do this for you. Hope your medical proceedure went OK. My prayers are with you.

jpk1102

I found it wierd too that they still kept some stuff 30 off and 50 off with a majority of 75 off but if I recall, they did the same thing last year. It was torture! I wanted some thomas stuff and it's only 30 off! Scanned it all and nothing! Bummer!

I know...there was a ton of Barbie stuff at one store that was all just 50% off.

It's kind of a bummer, but you might actually have better luck snagging it. Once the craziness that surrounds this particular toy sale dies down, the toy aisle lurkers tend to go away. It does still mean that you have to continue schlepping to Target to keep an eye on what you want for another couple weeks, which is a pain, I know.

Also, please remember, if you didn't get what you want, check back in a couple of days. Some of us will be returning stuff. LOL, so you'll have a second chance!!!!

I think that when you have crowded aisles of shoppers grabbing things, sometimes people tend to just get caught up in the grabbing and quite possibly don't even really want what they are grabbing, but just don't want to miss something! Just a little armchair psychology on my part. :D (course that's never been ME!) HAH LOL!!

Went to 3 Targets in Albany, NY area. Two had lots of 75% off, one was already bare.

AHH - which ones do you to go? I grew up in this area, and my mom says that she never found the 75% off toys in her store (last Jan & last July). Her store is the in Sch'dy. I haven't had the heart to asked her to check this time around.

Shannon:

I have Dora the Explorer Game for Smart Cycle. PM me your address and I will send it to you. Don't worry about the money, just pay it forward when you get a chance. Happy to do this for you. Hope your medical proceedure went OK. My prayers are with you.

jpk1102

jpk1102: that is so nice of you, I love the pay it forward and wish more people did that, you are awesome! Shannon: I hope you're surgery went well and you are feeling okay. :fluffy:

I was at the Wooddale, Illinois Target at 9:15 this morning and it was absolutely crazy! People had their carts filled with toys and you could barely get in the isle. I did manage to get everything that I wanted and more, wish I had gotten there when the store opened but I had to get my kiddos off to school. I also went to the Target on Rand Road in Arlington Heights and then the Target on Dundee off of Rand Road in Palatine and both were pretty picked over by the time I got there at 10:30, I still managed to find a few things. I think I spent a total of $150.00 and came home with bags of toys. I love being able to do the happy dance all the way out the store, such a great feeling!!! I will post my finds in a bit...... Edited by ChicagoMama
spelling

I so happy to get most of the items I wanted. My kids are getting big and I don't think I will be able to buy ahead for to much longer.Here is a list of the items I scored on. Good luck to all!

###Lionel Christmas Story Train $34.98

###EyeClops TV Projector $24.98

###EyeClops nightglasses $11.75

###EyeClops magnafir $7.48

##Lionel Train Extension Track $7.48

###Geo Trax set $7.48

###Leap Frog Click Start $9.98

###Cars Mater Racetrack Set: $6.24

###Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 DVD/Car Sets: $1.48

###magnext in briefcase carrier 12.48

###Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 set 4.98

###target brand? wooden kitchen $32.48

###Idog $7.37

###Smart Cycle games each $6.24

###littlest pet shop dome $2.97

###littlest pet shop mini $4.98

Edited by Gator Pam

I forgot to add: the Target brand toys were being marked down to 50% in my store, they weren't included in the 75% off sale which is strange since they usually are. The other two stores I checked were completely sold out of the those toys. Did anyone else notice this? Anyone know when they may be marked down further??

I can't belive all the people who went to stores and people had carts of stuff already. Both yesterday and today I was the first (and only) one shopping the 75% off. Yesterday there was an employee who clearly was working who checked out before me. Thank goodness I was there when the doors opened and grabbed the last Spike before she got to the dept. When she walked by me she said something in Spanish to her coworker making me think she would have grabbed that too. This morning when I left the store there wasn't anyone else in the toy dept yet. Unfortunately there were still items I wanted that had already sold during the 50% off (Cars sets). Overall my first 75% Target sale was a success. Thanks to everyone who helped me navigate it :) My 2 sons LOVE Spike!

###the Repel Sportsman Max insect repellent reg 6.67 only 1.66.

###Repel mosquito wipes reg 4.49 now 1.12

###BiteMD insect bite relief sticks was 4.14 now 1.03

They were in the camping aisle. I got these last year also, great all summer long and camping.

Edited by Gator Pam

Pasadena, Eagle Rock & Glendale stores all 75%. Got more than I expected. :-) 1 store did mark down at night. The team told me that they made them come in late to do it and they'd never done it before. They DID NOT like it. But they were shopping along with us this morning. They were all on break.

When I went to Glendale I nearly croaked because they were marking and the team lead told me to make my selections and they'd mark them for me!!

Kelso, WA Target started marking theirs 75% off. Lots of people with full carts and not much left. Did get a $70 jacket for husband marked down to $16 and some Converse jeanse marked down to $8.74 from $35 for my 16yr old son. Found a set of dishes I have been wanting but only marked down 30%. I hope I don't regret not getting them today!!

these are the stuff i got!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/GatorPam/dscn0500x.jpg

###ncf bristle $4.98

###ncf playdoh $0.48

###ncf dora $4.98

###ncf tower $3.74

###ncf parents $3.38

###ncf playskool $3.98 (used $5 printable coupon)

###ncf circo $3.74

there were alot of toys left. location: antioch, california

Edited by Gator Pam
fixed image to post, formatted for autolisting

The Nora and 62nd & Keystone stores in Indianapolis both were 75% today for their toys....but only Nora had much there.

I went to the Nora and Castleton store today too. Just wish I had went to one of those first this morning instead of 38th street as it seemed these two were pretty wiped out. Did get a few items I THOUGHT I needed but not the stuff I REALLY REALLY wanted to get!

these are the stuff i got!

ncf tower $3.74

ncf parents $3.38

ncf circo $3.74

Thank for the photo- it's helpful. I couldn't find any of these items at my store. My DD would love this stuff. I'm going to try another target tonight I doubt they will have anything left tonight, so I am stalking this thread. I'm amazed at how many toys are listed in this thread that I never saw in my store. And... I still can't see the edit button on the posts that I made, so I can't edit my own posts. It's the strangest thing. :confused:

Thank for the photo- it's helpful. I couldn't find any of these items at my store. My DD would love this stuff. I'm going to try another target tonight I doubt they will have anything left tonight, so I am stalking this thread. I'm amazed at how many toys are listed in this thread that I never saw in my store. And... I still can't see the edit button on the posts that I made, so I can't edit my own posts. It's the strangest thing. :confused:

You're welcome. I love looking at photos of people's bargains so I thought it would help if I posted mine. In our area, there were still alot of these items left. I would have bought more but I am unemployed and so is my husband so we stuck to our budget. =)