Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Hello~new here and have been loving the information. I hit 3 stores in Cincinnati area at 8am and all were 30-50% still. Last year, the 75% happened on this day. I don't have numbers, but I can tell you some of the things I've been seeing in toys:

Trio castle, The Christmas Story train set, some of the Precious Princess toys, My Little Pony sets-one like Newborn Cuties and the one looks like bubble gum machine, Targets firetruck, semi that holds several other trucks, Target truck that holds a bunch of cars inside and stores them, Barbie laptap, Barbie register scanner, Little People ABC bus, Batman Car, Parents bristle blocks sets.

I did have an associate with a markdown scanner in audio/video scan a few things and they did not have a further markdown to 75%. Does this mean there is no chance it would get marked down this afternoon?

I think I read that the markdown team doesn't work past 3pm.

Thanks

Glade Road Target in DFW area is still at 30-50%. The only associates that I saw with scanners in hand were in the linens department. Honestly, delaying the toy clearance is genius because how many people have gone into Target today for toys and walked out with a cartload of other stuff? I'll try back in a few hours when I pick up DD from school.

I checked the Target on the west side in Sioux Falls at 10am and the toys were not marked down to 75% off. They were doing alot of markdowns in the Housewares dept so I am going to go the the east side store this afternoon to see if they have marked them down yet. I did see they marked the Jewelry Amoires and Hello Kitty Items 75% off in Housewares.

No go at Arlington Rd. Target in Akron, OH. Everything still 30-50% with a FEW 75%. I too would have bet money that today was the day since they always do toys on Thursdays. Didn't see a single employee in the section.

Anyone else from the area hit up the Belden or Massillon Targets? I don't know if I wanna drive up there if they aren't 75% yet.

I checked Belden and Massillon about an hour ago and no go...bummer... I didn't find anything!

Toys still at 30-50% in Tustin, CA. But I picked up a CoolARoo triangle shade sail for 75% off.

($25). Found it in the garden department, they also had a package of Cool A Roo fabric that you could use in between the beams on a patio cover, also 75%, sprinklers, some planters, pool/spa cholrine holders (rubber ducks) it was all 75% off. And the 38" square patio tables were $17.48 (75%).

###Coolaroo Shade 75% off

Edited by Gator Pam

Ok my 75% off finds for today.

###087 10 1643 Handy Mandy Picture Find Game $2.48

###204 03 3248 Handy Manny Ficker the Flashlight $3.98

###204 10 0348 Laugh and Learn Shop and Learn Walker $11.24

###204 10 0027 Fisher Price Little Superstar Jammin' Band Musical Microphone $12.48

###204 04 0073 Extreme Smart Cycle $22.48

###204 04 0145 Smart Cycle Games (Hot Wheels, Thomas, Scooby ) $6.24

###204 03 3247 Handy Manny Tool Bench $22.48

###204 03 3249 Handy Manny Motorcycle Repair $8.68

###204 04 1421 Fisher Price 3 in 1 Smart Sport Game $14.98

###204 04 1561 My Toon TV $9.98

###204 06 0015 Tabletop Easle $4.98

###204 10 0076 Parents MD Kit $5.32

###204 40 0126 Parents Keys $2.48

###204 09 0443 Fisher Price Animalville Ice Cream Truck Ride On $9.98

###204 04 0373 Tag Junior Book $2.74

###204 03 3351 Imaginext Batmobile with guys $7.48

###087 01 0005 Black & Decker Tools (Target packaging) #3.75

###087 02 0221 Roborove Robot $17.48

###087 10 1658 Eric Carle Brown Bear Game $2.48

###087 10 1700 Animal Scramble Game $4.98

Buzz Lighyear Ultimate Robot $32, don't have ## for my friend grabbed it for me at another Target as we were doing the buddy system on clearance. We were on the phone the whole time checking each others lists and I got her several things she couldn't find at the store she was at but most were duplicates of what I got. Definitely saved time!

Did find a few things that stayed 50% off like the Giddy Up and Go Pony and the 3 in 1 Tricycle.

Total Spent was $203 on the dot so $800 worth of stuff! Tomorrow I plan on hitting another Target that still has a lot of great stuff left that will hopefully go 75% off in the morning. Still have all of my DS's playgroup friends that are girls to buy birthday presents for and they have a better clearance selection of stuff then the store I was at today.

one (out of 3) of the targets I went to was 75% off toys. Yay!! I got the spike dinosaur i've been stalking for $32!! I will post more details on what I bought after i get the kiddos lunch. So do you think the rest of the stores will gp 75% tomorrow? or next week?

Hi!!! Nice to see someone else from MA. Where in MA are you and what stores did you go to (which one was 75 already)? I am in MA as well (Rockland) and haven't been to check yet - not until the kids wake up from naps. I usually go to the Abington store and the new one in Hanover and Kingston. I am new to this board and LOVE it :D

Wow, I feel lucky! Layton, UT was marked down to 75% today. Dropped kids at school early and I was there just a few minutes after they opened. It actually wasn't terribly crowded, although there was only an aisle and a half left, so it was kinda slim pickings. I spent $115, and that included one of the little elephant toys for $10 for a neighbor.

It also included about 15 packages of meat that will expire in a couple of days, which had been marked down on the price per pound and then also had $ off coupons. I got cuts of meat that started at $8 per pound for under $2 a pound. I'll save a couple out for tonight and tomorrow, and then the rest will go in the freezer in the storage room.

I was so successful there, I thought I'd hit the Riverdale Target, and they weren't 75% yet. I did find a few items that I "relocated" to go back for if it seems the rest of the stores go 75% tomorrow, and I found a few items for 75% off in kids' clothes.

Went to two Targets today by my moms house. One in Warren and one in Madison heights, MI. Neither had any toys at 75% off. Even their kitchen items were still 30% off. Wish I would have stayed home and went to the Target by my house. DS was very tired and fell asleep on the way home so I could not go to this Target. Maybe I will try when DH gets home from work.

Just checked my target again and toys are still 50% off. So we shall see if tomorrow is the BIG day.

Wow....after reading some of the great deals everyone is getting.... I am bummed that my store does not have nearly the variety in toys that ya'll have. I would love to get some handy mandy stuff for my nephew, but we don't have anything here at all.

So is it likely that they will mark down this afternoon? I asked a team member yesterday if they do and he said if something is clearance, it will be marked at the time the store opens. Just trying to decide if I should go after work even though they werent marked 75% off..also inside person said yesterday it would be Friday, ugh waht to do, what to do!

So is it likely that they will mark down this afternoon? I asked a team member yesterday if they do and he said if something is clearance, it will be marked at the time the store opens. Just trying to decide if I should go after work even though they werent marked 75% off..also inside person said yesterday it would be Friday, ugh waht to do, what to do!

I know what you mean. I was also told today by a mark down team member that it would be tomorrow (very nice member). After reading here that some were marking down at lunch...I was in a panic. I checked about 30 minutes ago and no mark down at my store. I also went to check because last Jan they did mark the toys down around lunch time....so I am hoping tomorrow will be it.

Hi!!! Nice to see someone else from MA. Where in MA are you and what stores did you go to (which one was 75 already)? I am in MA as well (Rockland) and haven't been to check yet - not until the kids wake up from naps. I usually go to the Abington store and the new one in Hanover and Kingston. I am new to this board and LOVE it :D

Hi! The Milford, MA store was 75% off and the Plainville and Attleboro were still 30-50% off. Good luck in you shopping. Let me know if you find any other stores that are 75% off :)

Two Fort Worth Targets still at 30-50% as of noon.

But of course I did find something else.......

Housewares:

###16 Quart Stainless Steel Stock Pot Reg. $39.99 for $9.98

Baby Deal of the Day:

###Avent Breast Milk Storage Set $30.99, on markdown for $7.98 and I had a $3.00 coupon, so net cost $4.98. Found two sets (different Targets) tossed in on a clearance encap. What a buy!

Please, Target, please markdown toys, I'm going broke on bargains, LOL, hehehhe!

Edited by Gator Pam

Hello~new here and have been loving the information. I hit 3 stores in Cincinnati area at 8am and all were 30-50% still. Last year, the 75% happened on this day. I don't have numbers, but I can tell you some of the things I've been seeing in toys:

Trio castle, The Christmas Story train set, some of the Precious Princess toys, My Little Pony sets-one like Newborn Cuties and the one looks like bubble gum machine, Targets firetruck, semi that holds several other trucks, Target truck that holds a bunch of cars inside and stores them, Barbie laptap, Barbie register scanner, Little People ABC bus, Batman Car, Parents bristle blocks sets.

I did have an associate with a markdown scanner in audio/video scan a few things and they did not have a further markdown to 75%. Does this mean there is no chance it would get marked down this afternoon?

I think I read that the markdown team doesn't work past 3pm.

Thanks

Glad to see another Cincy person on the board. Which 3 did you hit? I thought about driving out to the Colerain or Western Hills locations?

Here in the Antelope Valley area of Ca - went to all three stores this morning and still at 50% - they have A lot left though - going back this after noon since my son has a Dr appt just to double check - otherwise I will be there when the doors open in the morning ;) lol also waiting for the camping stuff to go down to 75% but that was a no go today too....

Milford, Beechmont and Cinti (Oakley)

Oakley (my favorite) is usually a day behind on clearance compared to this thread. All the other Cincy stores seems to have no pattern. I always find the best selection at Beechmont.

Did you happen to look at Housewares or Camping? I was hoping they would be marked down 75% today. I have my eye on a tent at Oakley.

Oakley (my favorite) is usually a day behind on clearance compared to this thread. All the other Cincy stores seems to have no pattern. I always find the best selection at Beechmont.

Did you happen to look at Housewares or Camping? I was hoping they would be marked down 75% today. I have my eye on a tent at Oakley.

Sorry, no. Had both kids and was trying to check toys before a meltdown!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I noticed several toys at Beechmont that were only 30% there and were 50% at the other stores. Do you see this with Beechmont often?

lukesmom01: Welcome to Gottadeal. I'm relatively new here also (since last Jan.)

The 75% will be on selected toys, some just for Christmas selling season, and others being discontinued to may way for the "new" toy reset. If you shop in advance (next Christmas, birthdays, etc.) you'll find some great bargains. Fisher Price, etc. toys are just as good next year as this year - just better to get them at 75% off this year and save for next!!!!

The members here are simply wonderful. Hope you find as many bargains as I have!

Mission Target in KC was at 75% off...didn't get there until 11:00 and it was cleared out...almost everything I wanted was gone!

Hoping for Ward Pkway tomorrow morning. But based on the experience I had this morning, I have little hope that the "good" things will still be there. When I got there today (the first one in the store), I went straight to toys, saw no activity and things still marked at 50% off and immediately went to kitchen to see if I could find a pots/pans set. It could not have been a minute after the store opened. There I found a guy with a cart FULL of marked down kitchen/housewares stuff. FULL. There is no way he could have filled that cart in 1 minute. Then I see him talking to an employee and they were kind of grabbing more stuff together for this cart. The Target employee clearly had filled the cart with stuff for this guy before the store opened. There were two pots/pans sets in his cart as well as a ton of other smaller items. The Target employee then walked with the guy to another area and they began putting more things in the cart. (The guy was on the markdown team...I saw him later when I went back to check on the toys again and he was working a markdown cart).

This is the second time in two weeks that I have dealt with Target employees snagging the good deals before the customers have a chance. I'm pretty much convinced that I will show up tomorrow first thing and all of the larger items will be pre-loaded into a cart for someone else.

And again, I want to say that I think that Target employees should get a chance at the good deals, too, but I don't agree with them snagging all of the good deals before the store even opens. The other store I went to this morning at about 11:00 had a bunch of Target employees shopping the section on their breaks. I'm ALL for that. But I think that they should make employees wait until after the store opens and give paying customers a chance first.

Gah...vent over!

Anyone know about Maryland. I live in Columbia, which is outside of Baltimore. We have been stalking 2 Targets in our area and they are still at 30-50. We are waiting for 75 - anyone have any inside news or are we the only ones still waiting.:tired:

Mission Target in KC was at 75% off...didn't get there until 11:00 and it was cleared out...almost everything I wanted was gone!

Hoping for Ward Pkway tomorrow morning. But based on the experience I had this morning, I have little hope that the "good" things will still be there. When I got there today (the first one in the store), I went straight to toys, saw no activity and things still marked at 50% off and immediately went to kitchen to see if I could find a pots/pans set. It could not have been a minute after the store opened. There I found a guy with a cart FULL of marked down kitchen/housewares stuff. FULL. There is no way he could have filled that cart in 1 minute. Then I see him talking to an employee and they were kind of grabbing more stuff together for this cart. The Target employee clearly had filled the cart with stuff for this guy before the store opened. There were two pots/pans sets in his cart as well as a ton of other smaller items. The Target employee then walked with the guy to another area and they began putting more things in the cart. (The guy was on the markdown team...I saw him later when I went back to check on the toys again and he was working a markdown cart).

This is the second time in two weeks that I have dealt with Target employees snagging the good deals before the customers have a chance. I'm pretty much convinced that I will show up tomorrow first thing and all of the larger items will be pre-loaded into a cart for someone else.

And again, I want to say that I think that Target employees should get a chance at the good deals, too, but I don't agree with them snagging all of the good deals before the store even opens. The other store I went to this morning at about 11:00 had a bunch of Target employees shopping the section on their breaks. I'm ALL for that. But I think that they should make employees wait until after the store opens and give paying customers a chance first.

Gah...vent over!

That is terrible!! I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience. I would be upset too if that was the case at my store. Especially... because I only have one store in my city. I would definitely make a complaint.