Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

When are we guessing it'll go to 90%. I remember I made it the righjt day at store opening last year but I'm not sure if it was a Sat or Sun? I'm hoping to repurchase costumes at 90% and return the 75%.

Can you return the 75% Halloween costumes for the same price? For some reason I am thinking they have exceptions for halloween and christmas?? Anyone tried it??

Found this on their website: Holiday and Seasonal Merchandise Refunds: Holiday and seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of return will be refunded at the current clearance price. Other restrictions may apply.

Edited by boredbread

Halloween at 75% off and most candy at 50% off.

Exception: Kraft caramel squares ringing up .49 orig 1.99 making them 75% off. Also, the Mini-Snacks of Sunmaid Raisins (32 mini boxes per bag and scarecrow on front of the bag) are rining up .99 orig 3.99 making them 75% off too. I was just scanning some candy since the sign still read 30% off and was very surprised at those two finds. Everything else was 50%.

"Halloween" type candy (body part gummies, gooey eyeballs, pez) were ringing 75% off.[/quote

Which store did you go to?

Wylie

Can you return the 75% Halloween costumes for the same price? For some reason I am thinking they have exceptions for halloween and christmas?? Anyone tried it??

Found this on their website: Holiday and Seasonal Merchandise Refunds: Holiday and seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of return will be refunded at the current clearance price. Other restrictions may apply.

This varies by state. In most areas you can only return for the lowest sale price. Some states don't allow that. Just give it a go and see what happens.

I've never had a problem before but who knows everything seems to be changing recently. The White Rabbit costume sounds great for my mostly white dog too.

There is a ton at my store and since there are so many other new ones this season I think they might be there. They are still 31.XX at our stores but there is a bunch of them. I wish everyone good luck finding them! I will post if i see them at 75%

Amazing!

The Baby Alive dolls went 75% off ($11.24) at my store yesterday. I also found a Belle doll from Beauty & the Beast for 75% ($6.24). Cute little doll the flowers bloom in her skirt when you press a button. HTH

I guess everyone is busy buying the new dolls.

We still have them around here. A lot of people, our family included, think they are too creepy.

I think they are cute.

I found a Baby Alive for 75% off in Pensacola, FL today. Only one left.

Great job!

Thank you for posting, it did go to 75% off today here. Got one, there were atleast 4 more.

Good for you!

The $5.00 Baby Alive coupon in the book worked on the clearance doll too.

Thats a nice deal!

I bought a costume I got at 50% yesterday for 75% off and I got the 50% price back when I returned one.

I just called my taget. Halloween costumes are 75% off and they wont say when they will hit 90%

They can't tell you because they don't know. It comes through corporate. That is why the signs are often wrong. They wait until things start ringing at the lower price, then they change the signs. Holiday clearance is different from regular clearance in this way.

I called my local store and they checked and said that Halloween is 75% and candy is 50%. I asked when it went that and she said, "Oh, a couple days ago." LMAO! Unfortunately my local store is really bad at answering questions over the phone!! I called a store a little further from me and she confidently said that it went 75% off yesterday and candy 50% off. The two stores are usually the same, so I think my local store probably went yesterday. If it did go yesterday then it either wasn't signed until this morning and no one knew, or no one wants the stuff at 75% off, because there was a TON of outdoor decor and odds and ends. The costumes were mostly picked over and missing pieces though, except for the 100 dog costumes (at least it seemed like that many)!!! They had like 2 full aisles of candy left too!!

Oh, and this is OT of Target, but Wal-Mart went 75% off today. My Wal-Mart wasn't signed, but it scanned 75% off. Unless a holiday falls really close to a Friday then it always goes 75% off the Friday after the holiday. At least that's how it is here.

Is there anyone who knows, or maybe a page to refer me to, as to when Target does markdowns on certain departments? I am interested in 50% or more off on items like housewares, clothes, food, dollar spot and electronics. Are different departments different days? or is it like 75% off day is 75% off in every dept., etc.

(I have read many pages at various times on this thread but I can't see to figure out the schedule. It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could just give me a rough idea... I seem to go back often, trying to get something the most off, but eventually I grow tired of stopping back and then I come on here or someone tells me they got something 75% off I was searching for...)

Is there anyone who knows, or maybe a page to refer me to, as to when Target does markdowns on certain departments? I am interested in 50% or more off on items like housewares, clothes, food, dollar spot and electronics. Are different departments different days? or is it like 75% off day is 75% off in every dept., etc.

(I have read many pages at various times on this thread but I can't see to figure out the schedule. It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could just give me a rough idea... I seem to go back often, trying to get something the most off, but eventually I grow tired of stopping back and then I come on here or someone tells me they got something 75% off I was searching for...)

It's on the first page of this thread :)

"Can you return the 75% Halloween costumes for the same price? For some reason I am thinking they have exceptions for halloween and christmas?? Anyone tried it??

Found this on their website: Holiday and Seasonal Merchandise Refunds: Holiday and seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of return will be refunded at the current clearance price. Other restrictions may apply."

I was just getting ready to post this. I'm glad I read through the rest of the posts first.

I have returned seasonal clearance (wrong size and they didn't have the size I needed. Ugh!) I bought the item at 75% off and when I returned it with a receipt they could only give me the 90% price. I was not happy, but lesson learned I guess.:rolleyes:

Edited by Kibit13
Quote did not post so I manually added the quote

I'm missing so much LOL but I just had a 2nd baby so I haven't been able to go to Target. I got the Toy book in the mail today and since our Target was recently renovated, we have been getting coupons in the mail. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for the first time... here's hoping Halloween is 90% and that there is something left in my store (doubtful) but I'll try. I've never been able to score anything on the halloween clearances before. Thanks for all the tips. Is there any newborn stuff available? Is the Dollar Spot salvaged already? It sounds like it is but I couldn't quite tell from all the posts. I love the dollar spot for getting toddler books and trinkets that I don't mind if DD rips or draws on them.

"I have returned seasonal clearance (wrong size and they didn't have the size I needed. Ugh!) I bought the item at 75% off and when I returned it with a receipt they could only give me the 90% price. I was not happy, but lesson learned I guess.:rolleyes:

What state are you in? If I do end up trying it here I'll post my results. Thanks for everyone's input :)

I'm missing so much LOL but I just had a 2nd baby so I haven't been able to go to Target. I got the Toy book in the mail today and since our Target was recently renovated, we have been getting coupons in the mail. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for the first time... here's hoping Halloween is 90% and that there is something left in my store (doubtful) but I'll try. I've never been able to score anything on the halloween clearances before. Thanks for all the tips. Is there any newborn stuff available? Is the Dollar Spot salvaged already? It sounds like it is but I couldn't quite tell from all the posts. I love the dollar spot for getting toddler books and trinkets that I don't mind if DD rips or draws on them.

Congrats :) All I've seen here for infant stuff lately were some Advent bottles, diaper bags, and clothes. There was some random infant halloween clothes/pjs but they seem to disappear at 50% here. There was also that incredible Snug N Dry diaper deal that someone already posted, but I don't know how small they come. Dollar spot long gone here. The halloween dollar spot went salvage and never even dropped.

I agree with the person who posted that in some states you will get back the amount you paid, not the current price. I live in Missouri and shop in both Missouri and Kansas and in both states you will get back what you paid (as long as you have a receipt) no matter what the current price is.

It definately does vary by state. I live in TX and as long as you have the receipt, you get the price you paid for it. I just returned items that I had purchased at 50% off because i was able to find them yesterday at 75% off. HTH

I agree with the person who posted that in some states you will get back the amount you paid, not the current price. I live in Missouri and shop in both Missouri and Kansas and in both states you will get back what you paid (as long as you have a receipt) no matter what the current price is.

It definately does vary by state. I live in TX and as long as you have the receipt, you get the price you paid for it. I just returned items that I had purchased at 50% off because i was able to find them yesterday at 75% off. HTH

Yup, heard that about KS & MO. In CA you get the current price if that is store policy. Seems like someone in NJ said they get the price paid, too.

1767317">

My Stores halloween "purple dot" was not salvaged but was just ringing up 50% not 75% (I had coloring books' date=' those felt frankenstein buckets (I was going to buy 12 of them) Gloves, socks, ect but I put [/b']it all back when it didn't ring up 75% just on principal :P

I just told my cashier that the signs said "ALL" Halloween and she hand entered all of my $1.00 spot items and I had quite and few things. If you get back there give that a try. You never know. Good Luck. :)

My Stores halloween "purple dot" was not salvaged but was just ringing up 50% not 75% (I had coloring books, those felt frankenstein buckets (I was going to buy 12 of them) Gloves, socks, ect but I put it all back when it didn't ring up 75% just on principal :P

They moved puple dot socks to a box with other socks in the halloween section of my store. There were 75% off signs everywhere. When I got to the registers the purple dot socks rang up as .50 so I asked the cashier to adjust them to 75%. She refused, saying that dollar spot items were only 50%, even if someone misplaced them. I tried to explain that there was a whole box full in the Halloween section, but she wouldn't hear it so I put them back. In hindsight I probably should have gotten them. They were not too Halloween-y (purple w/ stars) and DD needs new socks, but at the time my brain was in clearance-price mode and .50 seemed like too much, LOL.

my brain was in clearance-price mode and .50 seemed like too much, LOL.

Had to laugh at this-- just this week I found myself deciding not to buy shampoo b/c I could find it 25 or 30 cents cheaper and also was at a thrift story saying to myself over and over "I can find this cheaper on clearance"-- guess almost a year of perimiter purusing has affected my brain too :)

I mostly lurk on this thread but I had to add in my good find :)

At target yesterday I found a crib bedding set (bumper, sheet, blanket, and crib skirt) Originally 190.00 on clearance for 11.66!! Good thing I have a baby :tongue1:

It says it was an online item.