Walmart sucks

I wanted to get the nerf wii game. They had it on their website for 39.99 so i thought great I only live a mile from walmart I will run over there and get one. Now this is a big feet for me. I have not been into that walmart in over 4 years And get this////////////////////////////////////

They would not sale it to me for that price , it was the website price.. I was livid. NOW I know why I never go to walmart. well anyway I wouldnt buy it for the 20 plus dollars more they had it at the store. I went to gamestop to see if they will price match they couldnt because at the store it was the same price . They were nice enough to call to see what their lowest price was and I guess they gave them the spew about it being cheaper online. I almost didnt buy it but I held in my pride and went home . I had 3 options. Ship to store for free earliest date it will be there is 12/24:eek: pay /.97 cents and it get it by the 18th. or go to the store and pay 20 more . Which would you chose. I paid my 97 shipping . I will give them a buck get a wee earlier and dont have to go out to that gawd aweful place.. I just dont understand why they just dont honor their own website prices.. Dont you think this cost them more money since they still have to unload the truck ,find the item , pack the item and send it to me when i live a mile awayll oh well their lost!:tongue1:

There are lots of companies that run different prices on their websites verses their B&M stores. When Circuit City had B&M they made a big deal towards the end that store and web prices were the same. If you go to the WM site and check on their price match/adjustment policy, you'd see that they don't PM the web site or Sam's Club. Here's a sort of rhetorical question...if you hate WM so much, why did you give them your money at all and not just buy it at anyplace else just to spite them?

I wanted to get the nerf wii game. They had it on their website for 39.99 so i thought great I only live a mile from walmart I will run over there and get one. Now this is a big feet for me. I have not been into that walmart in over 4 years And get this////////////////////////////////////

They would not sale it to me for that price , it was the website price.. I was livid. NOW I know why I never go to walmart. well anyway I wouldnt buy it for the 20 plus dollars more they had it at the store. I went to gamestop to see if they will price match they couldnt because at the store it was the same price . They were nice enough to call to see what their lowest price was and I guess they gave them the spew about it being cheaper online. I almost didnt buy it but I held in my pride and went home . I had 3 options. Ship to store for free earliest date it will be there is 12/24:eek: pay /.97 cents and it get it by the 18th. or go to the store and pay 20 more . Which would you chose. I paid my 97 shipping . I will give them a buck get a wee earlier and dont have to go out to that gawd aweful place.. I just dont understand why they just dont honor their own website prices.. Dont you think this cost them more money since they still have to unload the truck ,find the item , pack the item and send it to me when i live a mile awayll oh well their lost!:tongue1:

Because they can. They're customer satisfaction stuff went out the window when Sam died.

Petco and Petsmart are the same way.

I found a water dish on the site and went to the store to save on shipping and it was a lot more. I checked both stores and each said almost everything was cheaper online than in store.

So I went to Walmart. LOL

Amazon has it with FSSS:

http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike-Elite-Bundle-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSA1HQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260881537&sr=8-1

Nerf N-Strike Elite Bundle

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518TYVFXozL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Want it delivered Wednesday, December 16? Order it in the next 10 hours and 34 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Here's a sort of rhetorical question...if you hate WM so much, why did you give them your money at all and not just buy it at anyplace else just to spite them?

Exactly what I was going to say.

I hated how junky our Wal-Marts are, and they had very poor customer service. So I stopped shopping there.

Other places can have my money...places that know how to clean their stores and help me with a smile when I need it.

I hated how junky our Wal-Marts are, and they had very poor customer service. So I stopped shopping there.

Other places can have my money...places that know how to clean their stores and help me with a smile when I need it.

see I just don't see that in our walmarts

most places don't match their online prices, its like two different entities. Before I ran to the nearest Walmart, I would of called and asked the price. I think 97 cents shipping is fantastic. I would pay $1 to get something shipped to the house versus going 40 miles round trip to the nearest Walmart. Our Walmart is very clean, employees are helpful if you can find them but we live in that type of area, I have been to Walmarts in other areas and so glad ours is like it is. The only problem I have with the store is never enough lanes open or the self checks are always messed up.

This happened to me last year with Rock Band. Bought it and was cheaper online. Went in and they wouldn't honor the price. Hubby went to another walmart and they did honor it. I was going to reorder since shipping was free and return the higher price one if they hadn't.

WM drives me crazy, too. My big complaint with them is that they price their items depending on who their competition is in the area. This is good if you live in a city with Target, TRU, Best Buy, etc., but I pretty much have WM and Kmart. Kmart's deals pretty much suck, so that does me no good.

My WM is EXPENSIVE. When I'm in the nearest "big" city (75 miles away), there are 3 WMs. 2 super, 1 regular. ALL are a lot cheaper than my local store. I bought a DVD awhile back and it was $21.97 here... a couple of days later, I went to 1 of the other WMs... it was $14.97! That's a big difference!

Most things are $1-$3 more here than they are at the other WMs, where they are actually competing with other stores. I guess here they basically have a monopoly, so they don't have to worry about keeping their prices low.

This year, I have shopped almost exclusively with Amazon... however, I am not opposed to clearing out WM's clearance items when its time! :)

Edited by tn20
Correcting a typo

see I just don't see that in our walmarts

That is what EVERYBODY from the Midwest says....and that is where WalMart started, right? So you must have a higher standard for WalMart there. Here it is the SCUM store. EVERY SINGLE WALMART. Even in the good areas....the shoppers the workers...the WHOLE atmosphere. YUCK!!!!!

Now I will shop there...but I go in EARLY. And I'm out of there early. And it isn't so bad. But go after a long day....that store is TORE UP!!!!

WM drives me crazy, too. My big complaint with them is that they price their items depending on who their competition is in the area. This is good if you live in a city with Target, TRU, Best Buy, etc., but I pretty much have WM and Kmart. Kmart's deals pretty much suck, so that does me no good.

My WM is EXPENSIVE. When I'm in the nearest "big" city (75 miles away), there are 3 WMs. 2 super, 1 regular. ALL are a lot cheaper than my local store. I bought a DVD awhile back and it was $21.97 here... a couple of days later, I went to 1 of the other WMs... it was $14.97! That's a big difference!

Most things are $1-$3 more here than they are at the other WMs, where they are actually competing with other stores. I guess here they basically have a monopoly, so they don't have to worry about keeping their prices low.

This year, I have shopped almost exclusively with Amazon... however, I am not opposed to clearing out WM's clearance items when its time! :)

I know what you mean, except in my town, there is no competition. We have walmart and thats it:yup: Hence the reason I do most of my shopping online.

That is what EVERYBODY from the Midwest says....and that is where WalMart started, right? So you must have a higher standard for WalMart there. Here it is the SCUM store. EVERY SINGLE WALMART. Even in the good areas....the shoppers the workers...the WHOLE atmosphere. YUCK!!!!!

Now I will shop there...but I go in EARLY. And I'm out of there early. And it isn't so bad. But go after a long day....that store is TORE UP!!!!

Walmart started in Arkansas.

And just like any other store or entity, it depends on the management team.

My Walmarts are as clean as any other store, and the employees are helpful. Sorry for those who have crappy stores....

And just like any other store or entity, it depends on the management team.

Apparently the management teams in my area stink. There's not a Wal-Mart within 20 miles of me that's clean and pleasant to shop in. And just within 5-miles of me, there's 3.

I DO think a lot depends on the customers who shop there. Some customers don't take pride in the stores they shop in, or care about the employees of the stores.

I'd just rather spend money at a store that's not full of rude people, screaming children and messes on every aisle.

I'm sure there are pleasant Wal-Marts. Just not here...and that's completely fine with me.

Our closest Walmart totally sucks and is nasty. The thing that most kills me is that they built a beautiful new one in a small mountain town about 15 miles away that is made of stone and wood and all natural to fit in the environment- they even have the cool motion sensor lights on the fridge stuff, but they cannot even spend a little bit of $$ to re-do ours and make it not suck. So no Walmart shopping for me unless I absolutely have to which is not very often.

• 2 weeks later...

Same way here, they built a wal-mart ~20 months ago, the area is poor, prices are high and the store is trashed. I will drive twice as far to a clean Target ANY day over that wal-mart :) not to mention, what is with an old dude (~70 yrs old) in a suit with a Wal-mart name tag following me (late 20s female by myself) in that store.... haven't spent a penny in it in 8 months.

I typically buy the item online and use site to store. I then go into a Walmart store (one around here is not that junky) and buy the same item at the higher price. When the site to store come in, I pick it up at the back of store and return it to customer service at the front using the higher price store receipt. This way, I get the cheaper price and can use it right away rather than waiting a week or more for it to arrive by site to store.

No real extra effort as I'm typically in the walmart store every other week.

Same way here, they built a wal-mart ~20 months ago, the area is poor, prices are high and the store is trashed. I will drive twice as far to a clean Target ANY day over that wal-mart :) not to mention, what is with an old dude (~70 yrs old) in a suit with a Wal-mart name tag following me (late 20s female by myself) in that store.... haven't spent a penny in it in 8 months.

Maybe he's afraid your going to clean something up and give their store a bad image!:D

I like the newer ones that have bigger aisles that you can actually get 3 carts across in.

Walmart is based out of Ark. That is where the first walmart was.

We have several in our area and each one has different prices on the same items.