UGG Boots

ddelp

I would be hesitant in buying them- especially since they have no phone number, and their e-mail address is at gmail. Also, pages have some typos that would make me skeptical. You may be able to call ugg directly and see if this site is a licensed seller.

I thought the same thing since there is no phone number and their email is gmail. I did try to email them with that address and of course it came back to me. I guess I will end up paying the $179 that seems to be the "norm" price. Does anyone know of any "reputable" stores that put them on sale? Thanks.

...OK, ...anyone heard of www.wearmi.com ??

I am about to purchase the Uggs, ...$69.

...but not sure of this site either. I'll do some digging, ..but looking for thoughts/opinions...

http://www.wearmi.com/category.aspx?cid=10300

Thanks,

Kevin

...not sure how to "edit" a post...

Anyway, ...I'd STAY AWAY from that site I mentioned above...

http://whois.domaintools.com/wearmi.com

I am not 100% sure, ...but it just doesn't seem right to me...

I purchased a pair for my DD13 at Journeys. She wanted the classic short. The sales clerk pointed out the "guys" style was $10 cheaper than the "girl" style. I couldn't see a difference between the two so I bought a smaller size of the guy style to save $10. I was hesitant to buy one online. I thought if I'm willing to pay more than Target clearance price for shoes then I want to feel confident that they aren't knock-offs! I feel slightly better saving a little bit at least :)

I bought them from

http://www.uggboots-outlet.net

after 2 of my coworkers bought them and received them. They seem to be authentic and if you have any uggs they are made in china anyway!

That's another one registered in China. I highly doubt they're authentic or if they are, they're gray market.

My sister bought fake Uggs in Shanghai for $16 US Dollars.

And good grief, look at their return policy:

Return and partial refund.

Because the international shipping fee is very high, we do not give full refund for returns without quality problems. Such as "I don't like the product","not as imagining"or just "not satisfied".

We will reduce the shipping fee and 25% restock fee from the total amount, which means a partial refund.

The only helpful hints I've ever seen about buying Uggs:

1. If your feet are small enough, buy kids sizes. Uggs run a size large

2. Try to get them at the Nordstrom sales.

Otherwise, all the manufacturers are knocking them off in their own way. Such as this one on DSW's website:

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?productRef=SEARCH&category=&prodId=195799

snip

Thank you! I just showed these to DD15 & she said "love them - I don't care if they're uggs brand" ~ So Thanks:)

Yeah, a number of teen clothing stores are starting to make "Ugg like" boots. My wife bought a pair for her Goddaughter and another for her GD's sister at a local mall... Not sure of the store, but it was probably something like Forever 21, A&F, etc. Wife said they came in a few different colors. Apparently it was a little display tucked in a corner.

With teens growing so fast, buying actual brand-name Uggs that a child might get a season or two out of is kinda expensive.

These Uggs are cute and are similar to the Classic Tall. The come in Chestnut and Sand.

Orig $200 Now $150 I know it isn't a huge savings from $179, but thought I would post them anyway.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod99620110&eItemId=prod99620110&cmCat=search&searchType=SALE&parentId=cat980731&icid=&rte=%252Fsearch.jhtml%253FN%253D0%2526st%253Ds%2526Ntt%253Dugg%2526_requestid%253D58222

Thank you! I just showed these to DD15 & she said "love them - I don't care if they're uggs brand" ~ So Thanks:)

this was me last year. DD15 said she wanted Uggs, when I told her how much they were and that if that's really want she wanted that would be the ONLY thing she got for Christmas - she quickly went from Uggs - to wanting an Ugg style boot.

Macy's doesn't sell Ugg's they sell a similar brand EMU if anyone is interested.

I was at Macy's today and they had LOADS of UGG boots and shoes... they don't sell them on-line, but they do in my store ;)

And I am pretty sure the 25% coupon will work... they took it on a pr of Born shoes today for me!

Macy's Exclusions:

EXCLUDES: Everyday Values (EDV); eSpot; Cosmetics and Fragrances; Alcoholic Beverages; Wine; Tempur-Pedic; Services; Louis Vuitton; Service & select Licensed Depts.; Online Coach and Toy purchases; Restaurants; Special Orders; Macy’s Gift Cards; payment on Credit Accounts

I was at Macy's today and they had LOADS of UGG boots and shoes... they don't sell them on-line, but they do in my store ;)

And I am pretty sure the 25% coupon will work... they took it on a pr of Born shoes today for me!

Maybe its a regional thing. I know for a fact neither of my local Macys carries them. Like the P/P said, our local Macy's sells Emu Boots.

Here's a story about a reporter buying (or trying to buy) a pair of UGGS from one of the many scam sites out there:

No sooner had I pushed enter when my phone rang. A friendly female robot voice was on the line: "This is your bank. Did you just make a charge in ...," there was a pause, and then an unfriendly male robot voice finished the sentence with a flat effect, "... LATVIA." I heard clicking. A human operator came on.

"Did you just make a charge at www.sweatboots. com?" she asked.

"No. Or, yes. I guess," I said. It sounded ridiculous when I heard it out loud. "I didn't know it was in Latvia. Should I cancel it?"

"I can't tell you that." She sounded uninterested and I detected an Indian accent. "If you authorized the charge, we can't reverse it."

I hung up. I decided not to worry. It was a great deal. The Ugg is made of Australian sheepskin. Maybe they had a warehouse in Latvia, or a factory, or even a satellite flock of Australian sheep. It was a globalization thing. They just needed to unload some inventory in their Eastern European division.

And so I waited. Ten days passed. Nothing. I went to the Web site and called the customer service number. No one picked up. That's when I noticed the site was a little funny.

"Do you know now it is an environment to buy Cheap UGG Knightsbridge Boots? Hope you can buy you satisfied products," it read. "We dedicated to bring buyers the top grade ugg boot."

I found a customer service e-mail address and sent a message asking about my order. I called my bank.

"And what did you purchase at sweatboots.com?" asked the banking agent.

"Uggs," I said. "Forty percent off."

"Really?" she said. "Dang. That's a good deal."

Then she told me they couldn't do anything until a month passed without delivery.

The next day, an e-mail appeared in my inbox. It read something like, "Please do not worry about your order. Boots is still in factories. Do not cancel your order. Sincerely, Dirk."

I went back to the Web site, where I noticed a tiny "About us" link at the bottom of the page and found this: " 'UGG' is not a brand name but an age old generic term for this style of Australian-made sheepskin boot."

I was starting to understand what I was dealing with. It was age-old and generic. A scam. High-priced, counterfeit Uggs. I wrote another e-mail, asking to cancel my order. But I doubted I would see the money again.

Sometimes you have to pay money to learn an obvious lesson. I think of it as tuition for the university of adulthood. In hindsight, this lesson was so obvious it hurt. Pick your commerce cliche. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You get what you pay for. Read the fine print. Caveat emptor.

And so I did what I should have done in the first place. I went to the real Ugg Web site and ordered real boots. Three days later, they were on my porch. Exactly what I wanted.

As I was slipping my bare foot into fog-colored sheepskin, a reply to my cancellation e-mail arrived from Latvia: "txs for your letter and sorry for later reply. as hot sales, you order is out of stock after your make the payment. we had strive to pick up from other factory, sorry for that. b.rgds."

Dirk was still answering e-mails! Maybe I could get a refund. Perhaps he didn't understand my English, so they didn't know to cancel my order. My friend Erik actually speaks Latvian. He composed an e-mail on my behalf.

"Uz kuram ta var attiekties (To whom it may concern), Ludzu atmaksa manu naudu. (Please refund my money.) Mani zabaki nav ieradies, un tagad vinus vairs negribu. (My boots have not arrived and I do not want them.) Viens menesis is pagajis kops mana pasutijumu. (It has been one month since my order was placed.) Paldies. (Thank you.)"

But then, later that day, I came home from work to find a pink slip from the post office in my mailbox. The next morning at the downtown post office, I was given a beat-up package. The mailing label said it came from China.

I brought it to work and opened it at my desk. There was an authentic-looking UGG shoebox. Inside that, the boots. They were a dead-on match for the real ones, right down to the pattern on the soles and the little metal tag on the heel. But inside them, there was no fog-colored sheepskin. Instead, it was cream-colored fur of indeterminate origin. One of the guys I worked with picked them up and stroked the inside.

"It's probably endangered species," he said.

Sending them back seemed out of the question. How? Writing another Latvian e-mail? And to where? China? Imagine the shipping costs. I put them on my desk. They stayed there for a month.

More here: http://community.adn.com/adn/node/145842

I was in Marshalls yesterday and they also had many Ugg boots...They had limited colors though and they only had the tall classic style...I do believe they were $89. I purchased my UGG boots from Victoria's Secret online using some coupon codes over the summer. I think I paid $109 for them...The best time to buy Uggs is during the summer time when everyone seems to be clearancing them out.

interesting post Marcster! Goes with the saying - if the deal is too good to be true - it normally is!

No problem.

Here is a screen capture of how that site gets around marketing UGG knockoffs as actual UGGs:

http://i46.tinypic.com/116tjwy.jpg

I suspect that other similar sites do the same thing, but they certainly wouldn't have to.

However, even the domain name of SweatBoots.com should get people wondering. Sweat? Sweat??? As in sweatshop???

I suspect the Latvian/Chinese conglomeration probably meant to come across as "Sweet Boots".

And strange wording on a web site is a definite indicator that you are looking at a knockoff site.

I realize that not everyone speaks English as a first language, but do you really want to give your credit number out to a company with glaring grammar errors such as these:

http://i49.tinypic.com/14t33t2.jpg

----------

"Do not worry our web site will give you solve this problem"??? I suspect it's only the start of your problems!