The Final Word for BF items

JasonAnna09

I think many stores are confused...

I was again told by store management that the items that are on the map, marked with giant yellow balloons, are the ticketed hot items. You can get a ticket NO EARLIER THAN MIDNIGHT. Omce you have a ticket, you can fly yo the moon and back or go sleep in your car. Your ticket guarantees you that item to be sold to YOU at 5am.

Here is where the confusion lies, you CANNOT buy any of the 5am sale items until 5am. I was also told you can get a 5am item at say 3am and put it in your cart unti 5am!

There is also the regular ad which starts at midnight. Those items will be available at midnight!

If your store told you that if you get a ticket, you have to stay in line, then that is flat out wrong. That defeats the whole purpose of this new BF plan. This plan was designed so there would be order and no line rushes at 5am. Hence, the tickets, the spread out floor plan, etc. The only lines you should encounter are at the registers, lol.

If your store is telling you otherwise, I would seriously question it.

If that is the case then why have bathroom passes??? Once in line they are to stay in line. They can have one fifteen minute bathroom pass if not back in line in 15 minutes they forfeit the ticket. We take their ticket from them when we give them the bathroom pass when they give us the bathroom pass back then we give them their ticket back. Your store manager is wrong.

well lets hope your store manager doesn't get in trouble with walmart over it with the new rules and such if he doesn't follow them he could be out of there. They went to alot of expense coming up with this plan if someone would happen to get hurt at your store I sure wouldn't want to be your store manager. People will come to other stores thinking they can leave and they won't be able to. I am sure most of the stores are following the rules layed out by the home office. As I have said I am at the entrance for some of the big ticket items at our store. I have three tv's I will be handing out tickets for. I will have an envelope with the tickets in it. As people come up I will give them a ticket I then mark it off on my clipboard once the tickets for that tv are handed out that line is closed. That means my exit person will stand at the end of that line. At that point no one else will be allowed to stand in that line and people will be told that there are no more tickets for that item. They get one fifteen minute bathroom break with strict following to the fifteen minutes. Not back in time you lose your ticket.

We are having the market manager for safety and loss at our store for the "event" sale.

You come on here acting like you know the final word on what is going on at all walmarts and you are the one who is flat out wrong. People are not to leave the line except for the one fifteen minute bathroom break. If your walmart is doing otherwise then your walmart is going against the rules laid out by home office.

Edited by mcmc

Just the big items. There will be two big balloons at each item one will state what the item is the other will state the price of the item. We were told our lines start as soon as someone for that item shows up. I am in charge of a 40 inch, 46 inch and 50 inch tv's.

I think it will all go very smoothly if the rules are being followed.

Also besides the entrance person and the exit person each line area will have people for crowd control. This is to make sure no one butt into the lines. The actual tv's will not be where the line is the tv's will be in TLE. After you pay for your item you will then drive your car to TLE where someone will go get your tv they will actually match up the ticket you have with ticket on the tv and they will load the tv for you into your car.

Edited by mcmc

Like I said before. I am not going to argue this. I work in asset protection and this plan is being followed and signed off on by our market manager. I've been reading this plan for months.

Why would we force people to line up for tickets and make them stay there? The whole point of this plan is to avoid the mob scene lines that killed a fellow associate last year.

That is why many non supercenters are opening up at 6pm tonight through close tomorrow night.

I even called a store outside our market and they are doing it much the same way I described.

I am pretty sure our manager is following the market plan.

I know how much money and who was brought in to create this plan.

So again,

Midnight sale items (all day sale) will be available at midnight!

BF ad hot items (on map) will be ticketed. IF there is a line FOR tickets, this is where the bathroom pass comes in. Tickets will be passed out at midnight. Some stores may have lines starting for these items well before this point. This is where the bathroom pass comes in to play. If you leave the line BEFORE TICKETS ARE HANDED OUT, you need a pass. Once midnight hits, tickets will be handed out to those IN LINE. Once you have a ticket, you can go dance circles around the toy department, because that item is now yours.

For example,

Hot Item A. If there is a line forming PRIOR to midnight, and you go stand in it, you have to stay in the line until you get a ticket. At midnight tickets will be handed out.

Next example,

Hot item A. You get to the store after midnight, there is no line at the balloon. There will be an associate there, if they have tickets left, you get one and go.

Thank you.

Well I will ask our market manager tonight about it.

The person last year was trampled due to people standing outside when the doors were opened he was rushed it had nothing to do with lines for any item.

I just want people to understand that not all walmarts will be leaving you leave the store or get out of line. Even when they have allowed people to leave a line when having tickets before they could not leave the store.

Well I will ask our market manager tonight about it.

The person last year was trampled due to people standing outside when the doors were opened he was rushed it had nothing to do with lines for any item.

I just want people to understand that not all walmarts will be leaving you leave the store or get out of line. Even when they have allowed people to leave a line when having tickets before they could not leave the store.

It did have something to do with lines. The line punding at the doors at 5am. This plan is set to eliminate the mad rush so people aren't running to all get to one spot at 5am.

As far as the tickets, if you leave the line PRIOR to getting a ticket you're screwed. Once you have a ticket there is no need to stand in line. What's the point? You have your item (ticket).

MCMC, thanks for the debate. Good to have a lively discussion! Have a Happy Turkey Day!

I like JasonAnna09's plan much better than mcmc's. Jason's allows you to get more than one thing while mcmc's make you stay in line and get only that one thing. My wife hopes Jason is right, but taking our 14 yo dd just in case.

The manager at my walmart that I talked to last night said anything that was around $100 and up would be ticketed. They are not giving out tickets until 0500. Potty passes will be for 10 minutes, and the location of the PS3 bundles and the $199 laptop is not on our map yet, as they haven't decided where to put them. We are taking our own chairs, which the manager said would be allowed. They were not expecting to form lines until midnite or 0100. If its only one pass after the line forms, I am in trouble!!!! We are going around 9 pm. I really appreciate all the other information here, but it does sound like each Walmart is customizing the rules for their own store.

I don't think there is any "final word". How can you know what every single Wal-Mart will do? You can't. Most of the things you've said aren't happening at my local store. It's great you have inside info, but acting as if this is the way it will go down in EVERY store is just going to lead to confusion. People are going to be upset when they arrive at their store and your final word is completely wrong for their store. So maybe you should make it clear you believe this is how it will go in some markets as to avoid pissed off and confused gottadealers.

Ugh, I just talked to three of the wal mart's in my area. They are doing the tickets system, but the tickets will not actually be handed out until 5am. One ticket per person, per item. Looks like it's not too much different from previous years, just everyone will hopefully be in a line instead of a free for all.

What are they considering "hot Items" I'm after a girls bike board games & clothes. Are any of these hot? what about the DS systems? I know last year the kids ride-ons almost had a fight

I just spoke with the electronics department at my local Walmart (Paintsville, Kentucky) and the associate said that yes, the Nintendo DS' are going to be a ticketed item.

And she also told me unless I'm in line in the next little bit I don't stand a snowball's chance in he11 at getting one. :cry2:

ETA Louisa, Kentucky also says they're ticketing the DS systems.

Edited by Spotted1

Just talked to the wife. She's lined up with the $197 laptops (in the lawn and garden section) and has a cart with a few of the other 5:00 am deals in it. She's gotten 3 different stories from 3 Walmarters that she's talked to, so she's staying put by the laptops until someone tells her different.

She found a map that one of the managers put down and left on a counter so she knows what's in all the wrapped pallets.

I am livid. My store here in Wal*Mart land, is starting lines for ticked items at 11 pm. TONIGHT. I am disabled and usually do well walking with a cart but there in no way I can stand in line from 11 to 5 am! And I would rather pay regular price than risk being walled in by using a 'smartcart' or have to walk with items in hand using my walker. I think this is a somewhat discriminatory idea. And they are doing the bathroom passes there too.