Kohls.com Black Friday Sale

Brad

I was sooooo close....at this point might as well shower and head to the B&M - they open in 2 hours. It has taken me that long for this whole process. Don't know if it's worth trying to spend another 2 hours, I'm afraid the items I want will be gone by the time they get this is all figured out. Arrrrrrghhhhh!!!! :mad:

OMG!!! Finally!!!!! 3 hours later.... there were 2 items sold out by the time I was able to place the order - but it was just the reed diffusers - so no big deal there. The other early birds I ordered went through. What an ordeal! :eyepoppin Now off to shower to hit the stores that don't have early birds online.

I guess sleep is overrated. LOL I was hoping to have Kohls done by 12:30 or so and then sleep 3 hours. :tired:

Good luck everyone, happy shopping, and be safe!

After hours online for Kohls (and finally getting my order to go through), I went out to other stores this morning and curiosity got the best of me so I went into Kohls at about 6:30 this morning. Every single item that I ordered online was still in stock (in bulk) in the store. Grrrr!!! I wish now that I would have stayed in bed instead of staying online for 3 hours. I only ordered online because I thought the items I wanted would be sold out in the store. There weren't even any lines at the registers in Kohls.

I think I'll just stick to B&M next year.

After hours online for Kohls (and finally getting my order to go through), I went out to other stores this morning and curiosity got the best of me so I went into Kohls at about 6:30 this morning. Every single item that I ordered online was still in stock (in bulk) in the store. Grrrr!!! I wish now that I would have stayed in bed instead of staying online for 3 hours. I only ordered online because I thought the items I wanted would be sold out in the store. There weren't even any lines at the registers in Kohls.

I think I'll just stick to B&M next year.

But think of the fun you had trying to check out online!

In the middle of checkout, all of a sudden it logged me out and returned me to the homepage, and now the site is down.

It did that alllllll night last night/early this morning...now it's prob the volume of people trying to order before the Early Birds end. Hang in there, and try closing & reopening your browser if you're desperate - some people said that worked for them.

I am so through with Kohls right now. I can't freakin' stand it! It was bad enough that at 1:30 a.m. the site went down just as I was placing my initial order. After over an hour, I gave up, slept for a few hours, got up at 5:15 and placed my order w/o problem. Only the food steamer had sold out. Went out shopping for stuff that I didn't get online (at other stores), came back and tried to place another Kohls order - was just ready to place the order- SITE DOWN AGAIN. I swear if I see those friggin' elves one more time, I will scream. Kohls has really ticked me off. I will think twice before I use them on Black Friday - online again. Apparently, their site cannot handle the massive flow of shoppers online. Get it together KOHLs- this is absolutely ridiculous!

I placed an order about 20 minutes after everything went up. I got 2 of the Vivitar cameras that were in the ad for $59- used the 15% off code and with free shipping paid $109. The site lagged quite a bit and right as it finished processing, logged me out. I immediately checked my bank account and the funds have already been placed on hold so WHEW...big sigh of relief!

I was lucky and was able after a couple tries to get my order through when the sale became active. I did go into the store this morning and everything I ordered was still available but you never know what they will have just a few of and a couple items I ordered where really important to me. I did have everything I wanted loaded into my shopping cart and wondered if I would have a problem when the prices changed but it all went smoothly. It took me 15 minutes to place my order. Reading everyones experiences I know realize how lucky I was.

Heads-up for anyone else who ordered the griddle that has the $10 rebate - fine print on the rebate form says must be postmarked by 12/11/09, yet my order confirmation tells me my shipment should arrive 12/9-12/15 :( Methinks I may have to give customer service a call (when the smoke clears, that is!)

Queen - Would you let us know what CS says? I have the same issue and I'm sure many others do! Thanks for the heads up!

Found this article that mentions the Kohls site issues. I would hope that they would try to do something to allieviate all of the frustration. Extra discounts. . .another round of BF pricing. . .something.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2009-11-27-black-friday_N.htm

Kohl's promotion of doorbuster deals starting at midnight Friday caused such a rush on its website that it was down for most of the 12 hours until noon. Shoppers typically couldn't get on the site or, if they did, were unable to check out. The site recommended people return later as "elves" were working on the problems.

"I'm sure that cost them millions in revenue," says David Fry, whose e-commerce company builds and operates many retail websites.