>>> Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted <<

Brad

oh, and does anyone know the weight limit on the ride-on toys listed? My dd8 wants one badly but i think she's just too old for that sort of thing (but for $88 or $49 i might just surprise her) TIA

I would say your dd too old. If it's like last year's, it was perfect for my 2 yr old. It's only a 6V.

I, too, am wondering about the weight limit on the MotionTrendz 3-Wheel Scooter. I can't find any information on it.

it says it's a 6 volt..( and the barbie jeep is the same voltage)... maybe it's for the same age/weight range?( 18 months to maybe 4 yr s?)

I wonder how good the 3 wheeler would go on grass? I know the jeeps go better on smooth surfaces.

Hmmm

What does everybody think about this computer HP Pavilion Desktop w/AMD Processor, 3GB Memory, 320GB Hard Drive, w/20" Monitor (Model # P6243w-B) - $398.00? Is it a good deal and a good computer?

It really depends on what you'll be using it for. I personally just got a Dell with an Intel Dual-Core Processor, 4GB RAM, 300GB Hard Drive for $400 without a monitor, but I already had my 22" LG LCD, so I didn't need one.

Its just like Netflix for xbox, i guess you can hook it up to your internet connection and stream Netflix movies. As long as you have a Netflix account you just have to authorize the Blueray player through the Netflix website. Hope this helps!

I *think* you also have to have XBox Live for Netflix to work..... If you check netflix.com it will tell you all the devices and what else is needed to run their "on demand" movies:)

Here the web page with specs on the $198.00 Emachines eme627:

http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=eME627-5279

Some basic spec:

Cpu: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor TF-20 (1.6GHz, 512KB L2 cache)

Ram: 2 GB

Hard drive: 160 GB

Graphics: HD3200 IGP

Optical drive: Yes, DVD burner

My overall opinion on this laptop is that this makes a deceit starter laptop for a young kid or older person and also for use as a secondary laptop. It's plenty strong enough for what most people will use a laptop for, such as emailing, internet surfing, watching moving movies etc. Emachines laptop is made by Acer who owns Gatway and Emachines computers. Actually the cpu is stronger then a Intel Atom but is a full size laptop so the batt life wont be as good. I hope this helps!!

yes, thank you! Looking for a 2nd laptop for light parent use/young kids to play games. Sounds like this would also work as a travel DVD player for hotel visits! ;) wonder if this will be online?

All I have to say is FINALLY!! I was getting ready to bust!

I cannot believe that they have NO netbooks! What were they thinking?

I am shocked to say this but Walmart is DEFINITELY not going to be my first stop this year. OfficeMax here I come!

I am very disappointed that they don't have the netbooks also. But I may end up getting one online from somewhere else if possible. I am not too sure about the 200 laptop. I see alot of other little things though for my little girl and a couple of appliances and storgage sets for me. The clothes are pretty good price too.

I *think* you also have to have XBox Live for Netflix to work..... If you check netflix.com it will tell you all the devices and what else is needed to run their "on demand" movies:)

xbox live gold is required, silver is free, but there's a cost for gold. We just bought the xbox and upped our internet speed before we found that out.

Also remember for the Xbox, there is NO hard drive. The (some)current Arcade model has a 512MB storage card (up from 256, this was late summer change). You can save games on it, but cannot download demos or buy movies. Also according to the Xbox website, there is no mention of Netflix on the Arcade model (it is listed on the Elite model). So if you are thinking of streaming Netflix, read the box to make sure.

So it doesn't say anything about limits... and our walmart isnt doing the passing out thing... they are leaving everything on pallets (we are a tiny town no more than 100 people tops show up on BF)

do you think there's limits?

I am wondering how many stores are going to get in trouble for not doing it...yes you may only have 100 people BUT heaven help that store manager if something DOES happen after all the coverage that WM is cranking out about how they are doing this new and ordered way....

I see the vsmile pocket is on sale for 30.00 and games 9.99. Is this a good systetm or should I go with leapster 2 instead? TIA!!

My girls have had the original Leapster for 2years now and I am VERY happy with it. We have talked about "upgrading" them to a Leapster 2, but they are now 5 and I think we will jump to a Nintendo DS instead. If my girls were 3 again, I would go for a Leapster 2 without question.

I am looking at the ad scan, and it doesn't appear that the DS Lite is NOT a door buster? I'm sure I still need to be inline very early to get it at 98.00.

What are the chances they will have it online for that price and in stock?

I have the same question how early you guys think I should go to get one of this? I am also interested in the digital frames and ipod dock. Thanks. I have never shopped walmart on black friday.

For people wanting a laptop, most stores are gearing toward people who want a CHEAP laptop. To make that happen, they come with basic features and 'single-cores'. This keeps the price down. It doesn't make the computers 'crap', they are designed for basic computing which doesn't require a heavy duty processor or RAM. Remember, a few years ago, all computers were still single-core. It is designed to allow people to get a low price alternative. It will be slower than most computers but once it is running, you can surf the net, edit some photos, or write a school paper. It is NOT for heavy gaming (yes, you can play Bejeweled ;)) or video editing. So if you want a cheap laptop, and can't afford a $500 one and you only want to surf or write papers, then buy it. People like me.... buy the $500+ models, since we are gamers, lol.

BTW, I bought my DS a $300 laptop a few years ago, it it works perfectly and meets his needs. He plays his games on his desktop(which screams:D).

I have the same question how early you guys think I should go to get one of this? I am also interested in the digital frames and ipod dock. Thanks. I have never shopped walmart on black friday.

Those looking for the DSi should get there early. They are great sellers (#1 selling game machine, it outsells the 'big' machines) and go quickly.

IMO im not seeing these as selling that quickly.The lite came out years ago and was $129.99.To me $98 isnt that much of a sale and with the DSI out i would think the lite wouldnt be that big but again thats JMO.

I see the vsmile pocket is on sale for 30.00 and games 9.99. Is this a good systetm or should I go with leapster 2 instead? TIA!!

We have the vpocket. We've had issues almost from the very beginning with the adapter not working, but it runs fine on batteries. If you check amazon you'll see the reviews are much better for the leapster than the vpocket.

That being said, we were going to upgrade the boys to leapsters this year but given the cost for a unit for each of them and games as opposed to just buying another vpocket from walmart so they won't have to share any more, we're just buying the vpocket. We'd love to go with the other system but that would be most of their christmas right there. Since you obviously don't have either system and all the games that go with it this wouldn't be an issue for you and I'd go with the leapster.

Well, I see some board games, DVDs (I'm actually more interested in the $9 ones than the $2 ones- we don't have Monsters VS. Aliens yet, and my boys want Aliens in the Attic), and possibly some DS and Wii games, depending on which ones are actually included in the $7, $10, and $25 price points that aren't pictured.

Amazon seems to lower their prices on the same items when WM does a roll back or sale. Does anyone know if Amazon will try matching WM BF deals or will they just do their own thing?

I'm just wondering how DH and I are going to get everything we want... especially if WM is having people line up. Hopefully that's just for the bigger items!

It's funny, last year there were so many of the super-cheap DVDs left over, a bunch were still in the $5 bin (tho they scanned at $2) a week later! The $9 ones will definitely go faster.

Based on last year, yes, Amazon will put a lot of similar titles on sale for a comparable price (might be $3 instead of $2). I remember seeing *most* of WM's DVDs on sale on Amazon that morning, priced within a dollar or 2. Don't know how long those offers will be good for though.

Every time I go to WM for BF I think 'oh god there are soooo many people in line! everyone here for the big doorbusters is gonna scoop up my small items too!' but I don't think that's ever happened - they tend to be so focused on their TVs, etc that there are more than enough of what I want left!

Overall, a very good ad, I think. I am sort of surprised at the lack of netbooks - I think maybe everyone worked themselves up into a frenzy over some silly rumor! Never count on anything til you see the ad!

As ever I have no interest in the big doorbusters, though obviously because of them the crowds will be EPIC. Those looking at the laptops, remember that you get what you pay for ;) I was looking for a possible GPS deal, but I haven't seen anything worth going crazy for; as soon as I saw the 'SE' part of the TomTom model numbers that raised a red flag - Walmart (and maybe even BF) exclusives mean no way to find user ratings and make apples-to-apples comparisons. Based on the ratings similar TomTom models have on Amazon, etc., I think I'd rather pay a bit more for a Garmin sometime in the coming weeks.

Not very impressed with the toy deals...good generic stuff for gift ideas (I've definitely gone for some of those in the past) but, as usual, no discounted 'hot' toys. Great clothes & housewares deals, though! But for Walmart BF newbs, avoid those kids' pajamas like the plague ;)

OK, so I won't be falling for that "Come buy super-cheap kids PJs" trick. They have fooled me with that one too many times before. WE know that, unless Walmart changes it's ways, they are worthless, paper-thin, super-undersized pieces of junk. How many other people know that? There are a few things in the ad that interest me, but I am a little scared to get there at 5am. Sure there will be a lot of people there for electronics, but I can see there being an insane amout of people there for the really cheap stuff, too. I know quite a few people who can't afford much this year. I am imagining a total madhouse of people fighting for pjs, jogging suits, jackets, and $2 DVDs just so they have something to give to thier kids. I think I will try to get what I can online, then show up at Walmart after the sun comes up and dig through the rubble to see what is left.