CNN.com: "Wal-Mart Black Friday ad: TVs top deals"

Brad

What's everyone's realistic opinion of the Blu-Ray? I want to pick up one for my parents at this price point. They won't notice a huge difference in clarity (they barely notice at all actually), but I still want to upgrade them to go with their new Sharp HDTV>

It will probably do the job, but it won't be spectacular. Just make sure you pick them up an HDMI cable (NOT MADE BY MONSTER. All cables are the same. Check out monoprice.com) for it to work the best. The difference is mind boggling.

anyone know if the blue ray player is netflix compatable?

I don't see a Magnavox on the list:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4321-6463_7-6646260.html

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesList

Which TV do you think is better, the Emerson or the Westinghouse? I know nothing about TVs and really want to get my dh one for Christmas. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've said this before on the Target board but we got two Westinghouse on BF last year at Target, one for me and one for my parents and neither of us have had any problems and are very happy with them. I'll be upgrading to the 32" this year...hope this helps :)

I've said this before on the Target board but we got two Westinghouse on BF last year at Target, one for me and one for my parents and neither of us have had any problems and are very happy with them. I'll be upgrading to the 32" this year...hope this helps :)

Thanks! All of the reviews are so mixed I am really having a hard time deciding. :confused:

What have to understand that Emerson and Westinghouse are both considered 3rd tier or generic brands. I consider them both equal in quality so it comes down to what store would you rather be at, and frankly you will probably have a better chance getting the one at walmart since they have more stores.

I just hope they don't pull that we cant sell lower then cost crap here in Oklahoma, since we are one of the price competitive states.

is the emachine laptop a good deal? I was thinking of getting a netbook but for $30-$50 more I can just get a laptop. Not sure what to do anymore. I have a desktop, this was just to be an extra (portable) means of being on line.

My dh is a computer guy (network admin) and he hates them. He says somethinga always goes wrong and he bought them in batches.

My dh is a computer guy (network admin) and he hates them. He says somethinga always goes wrong and he bought them in batches.

I have yet to have one as a laptop only desktops and have never had an issue. they always work great for what I paid for them

that's why I haven't had a problem considering them.

I have yet to have one as a laptop only desktops and have never had an issue. they always work great for what I paid for them

that's why I haven't had a problem considering them.

I have to disagree my mom has an emachine desktop and its been nothing but a problem since the day she got it. It's barely 2 years old and already having hard drive issues to the point of needing a new desktop because this one is ready to pitch

Even though it is not that good that $78 Blu-Ray player sounds like a recipe for fist fights like the $29 DVD players caused several years ago.

I'm glad I never go to Wally World for BF morning. Last year I stopped by after work (5pm) for a few things and they announced over the intercom that they still had plenty of Wii's, Garmin GPS and a few of the other popular items available. Snagged the $97 Garmin GPS and didn't have to wait in line.

The week of Black Friday you will be able to download a map of your local store and on that map will tell you which line to get in for each doorbuster.

This is JUST what we have been looking for ...Barbie Power Wheels Jeep.. and for only $88.00! Now, if we can just get one!

Wonder where it will be placed in the store?!

i am also interested in the jeep however the one last year was a single seater with only a 6 volt battery. Anybody have any reviews from last year?

I bought this last year for my 18 month old and it was the perfect size for him. At 2 1/2, I imagine he will get maybe another year to year and a half out of it. The thing struggles to move over our grassy backyard, but does pretty good on our cement patio. We mostly keep it inside for him to drive around on our hardwood floors. It's definitely small and even if could fit more than one child, I doubt it could move with extra weight. At our Walmart they had maybe 20 of each and it was a fight to get one - they were gone in less than a minute.

I bought this last year for my 18 month old and it was the perfect size for him. At 2 1/2, I imagine he will get maybe another year to year and a half out of it. The thing struggles to move over our grassy backyard, but does pretty good on our cement patio. We mostly keep it inside for him to drive around on our hardwood floors. It's definitely small and even if could fit more than one child, I doubt it could move with extra weight. At our Walmart they had maybe 20 of each and it was a fight to get one - they were gone in less than a minute.

Hmmm.. maybe this is not what i need then.

one year we got our son one of the boy jeep wranglers at walmart they had for $88.00 but it was a 2 seater jeep, and he rode on it from 18 month to age 4.

If this one is REALY small.. it's not going to work. Does anyone know what the price of them are regulary at walmart so i could go and look at it before hand .?