CNN.com: "Wal-Mart Black Friday ad: TVs top deals"

Brad

eMachine laptop with a 15.6-inch LCD display, 2GB memory and 160GB hard drive for $198

This has a 1.6 ghz processor......a bit arcadic.

Hewlett-Packard laptop with a 15.6-inch display, 3GB memory and 250GB hard drive for $298

Same one that was on sale for the secret saturday sale

Wow-their 32"tv listed is 2 more than Target and the small appliances are 1 more, think that will make people go to Target?

Something tells me that people will still go to WalMart. Especially stores that are open 24 hours. Waiting inside is SO much better than waiting outside in the cold!! The temperature difference is definately worth it to me!! I was planning on going to Target for that tv, but if this is ture I'll go to WalMart. Emerson makes a decent tv. We need a new bedroom tv and the one we have in here now is an Emerson, I've had it for 9 years and it has JUST started messing up.

Sounds like I may be hitting Wal Mart this weekend too if they're going to cut prices on certain toys and I will be interested in seeing the deal with the Guitar Hero...thanks for the link to this story Brad!! Can't wait until you can post the BF ad!

is the emachine laptop a good deal? I was thinking of getting a netbook but for $30-$50 more I can just get a laptop. Not sure what to do anymore. I have a desktop, this was just to be an extra (portable) means of being on line.

Most of the netbooks have the same processor speed as the emachine laptop. The laptop has the same size hard drive as a netbook but 1 gb more of memory.

eMachine laptop with a 15.6-inch LCD display, 2GB memory and 160GB hard drive for $198

Hewlett-Packard laptop with a 15.6-inch display, 3GB memory and 250GB hard drive for $298

Not too excited about the eMachine, though would rather have that then a netbook with about the same specs and about the same price.

Is everyone pretty confident that the HP is the same one they had on the Saturday sale?

Ok, cool. Looks like I might be able to open the box of the laptop I bought at BB last week! Just wanted to make sure there weren't going to be anything better before I opened it! ;) Thanks!

Keep in mind both BB and wally are prone to secret sales. The lack of a dual core lappy from wally is making me wonder if that will be on the secret sale list

Keep in mind both BB and wally are prone to secret sales. The lack of a dual core lappy from wally is making me wonder if that will be on the secret sale list

Ur, I wish deals weren't so important to me or it would already be up and running by now! ;) I bought the one for $429 at BB last week. I don't think they will have anything better BF but now I have to worry about "secret" sales! urg! ;)

I am wanting to get a laptop for my kids age 11. They just need one to surf the internet and to look up info for homework. They don't need anything fancy. Will the emachines for 198 be ok for this?

I am wanting to get a laptop for my kids age 11. They just need one to surf the internet and to look up info for homework. They don't need anything fancy. Will the emachines for 198 be ok for this?

Ya I think it would be fine. It pretty much has the specs of a decent netbook with a CD drive and bigger. ;)