target $10 gift card ?

isikorsky

it has to be 1 transaction according the the fine print in the ad.

But if you have more than one person shopping with you, you could feasibly get $10 for each purchase. For example, buy the 32" tv, get one card back, have a friend buy the GPS, get another $10 back. I shop with my wife, so we could easily get 2 $10 gc's back.

Is the $10.00 gift card for every $100.00 such as $400.00 spent on one iteam = a $40.00 gift card?

Bruce

I don't believe so. The ad says $10 gift card for $100 or more. $400 would be included in the or more. Now if you have other people with you that you could split it up with, then I think you could work it that way.

Target is selling the $25 itunes gift card for $20. Will this be excluded in the spend $100 at target and get $10 gift card? Have lots of nieces & nephews that I get itunes for xmas :)

I would think that the Itunes card would work as it is a real purchase meaning its not a G.C. that can be used in that store.It excludes the other G.C.'s as they can be used in target.Hope that makes since.

I got a gift card for the candles last week and had planned to turn right around and use it for another purchase, but they said I could not use it till the next day. Do you think this will be the same?

I have never heard that before...I usually get my GC for my "earned" purchases and spend it immediately at the Starbucks kiosk on my way out of the store. :blush:

"they said" doesn't mean a thing. [:P] I'd have just gotten into another line and checked out again...if the computer beeps at you, you'd know it can't be done the same day.

I got a gift card for the candles last week and had planned to turn right around and use it for another purchase, but they said I could not use it till the next day. Do you think this will be the same?

They will usually let me split my transactions so I can use my giftcard on the second purchase. Sorry you got stuck with a meanie!

So if you buy the Ipod touch and get a 30 dollar gift card can you still get another 10 dollar gift card since its over 100?

I'm super curious about this, too. I have a coupon for a $10 GC for purchases over $100 that I got a few weeks ago - I'm wondering if they'd let me stack that on, too. That would be just :shock: .

I think you only get 1 $10 gift card per transaction that goes over $100 dollars. If you break up your transactions into $100 increments then you could get more than one gift card. If you have a friend with you then you could hand off part of your purchases to them and do it that way.

I think Target may have issues with this gift card promo they are offering. Just a guess, but I think most people are going to expect to get all the gift cards. If they buy the blu-ray player for $149.99 it comes with a $20 gift card and is available for the $10 gift card for spending over $100. Most people are going to expect to walk away with $30 in gift cards.

I went back to the ad and this is what is says on page 2 of the ad (bottom of page 4 of ad scan)

"Free $10 Target Gift Card offer valid on single, in-store transaction of $100 or more based on merchandise subtotal after all applicable discounts. Sales Tax, Target GiftCards, Target Visa Gift Cards, Target American Express Cards, prescripstions, clinic services, Target Mobile Solutions adn alcohol will not be included in determining merchandise subtotal. Not valid on previous purchases. Limit one Giftcard per qualifiying transaction, per guest. Terms and Conditions apply to GiftCards. If any portion of the qualifying purchase is returned, the refund value will be reduced by the prorated amount of the free GiftCard."

So it sounds like you may not be able to break your purchases into multiple transactions while in a single checkout lane. But, it does sound like you could get multiple gift cards for items with gift cards if the subtotal is $100 or more.

Yeah that kinda bites. This is how I would get around it. You will need a friend to pull this off.

Have a friend with a cart with all of your stuff in it. Choose item(s) that would put you over the $100 mark and go check out. Drop that stuff of in your car. Go back to your friend and do the same thing again with a different cashier - rinse and repeat. It would be a pain but it is doable.

The thing that has me confused is the rules state "Limit one Giftcard per qualifiying transaction, per guest". Does that mean that if you bought an item that had it's own giftcard (like the blu-ray player) would you get both the $10 over $100 purchase gift card AND the $30 bonus gift card or could you only claim one or the other?

I'm super curious about this, too. I have a coupon for a $10 GC for purchases over $100 that I got a few weeks ago - I'm wondering if they'd let me stack that on, too. That would be just :shock: .

Just make sure the coupon doesn't have an expiration date on it, a lot of times they end right on thanksgiving or the Wednesday before.