busy day, more servers being added

Brad

we're mentioned in stories currently linked on the home pages of both CNN.com and MSN.com and the site is getting hammered.

i've already began arrangements to get more servers added to our cluster to handle the traffic, but in the meantime we'll just have to tolerate the slowdowns and occasional forum closings during peak times.

we're mentioned in stories currently linked on the home pages of both CNN.com and MSN.com and the site is getting hammered.

i've already began arrangements to get more servers added to our cluster to handle the traffic, but in the meantime we'll just have to tolerate the slowdowns and occasional forum closings during peak times.

Good on you Brad! I am very proud of you- I hope this is something that is paying the bills and a bit more....not just a hobby!

You do a wonderful job! Congratulations!:D

why does everyone panic? wasn't there a message saying it was closed because of high traffic?

if i really wanted to scare everyone, i could have posted a message saying the site had been shut down due to a court order because some retailer got mad and sent their lawyers after us... ;)

why does everyone panic? wasn't there a message saying it was closed because of high traffic?

if i really wanted to scare everyone, i could have posted a message saying the site had been shut down due to a court order because some retailer got mad and sent their lawyers after us... ;)

Or that you have the Walmart ad but aren't showing us ;-)

I think I would have had a heartattack :eyepoppin if that was posted!!

Thanks Brad for all you and your staff do :) I would be lost without gottadeal everyday!!

why does everyone panic? Wasn't there a message saying it was closed because of high traffic?

If i really wanted to scare everyone, i could have posted a message saying the site had been shut down due to a court order because some retailer got mad and sent their lawyers after us... ;)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!! Really not funny!!!!! :)

I know that I really appreciate everything you and the wonderful mods do here. But...I did sort of lose it when I couldn't get in a little while ago, lol. I just KNEW that WM ad was out and that it would be down before I could get in and see it. Way to make an old lady have a heart attck or something, geesh!

That is such a sick sick joke!!! :cheesy:

LOL

We all panic because we are addicted to this site and don't know what to do with ourselves when we can't get on it:eek:

I was starting to think I might have to clean or something:eyepoppin

i panic because i just *know* the high traffic is because either the WM ad is up OR there is a deal and I cant get on to see it!!!! LOL

Perhaps this black friday I vow to not panic when GD blips should have been mentioned more in the I vow thread LOL

yrt another vow I cannot keep. It's a good thing I am better at keeping my wedding vows than I am at the Black friday ones.