Walmart 11/7 In-Store Specials Official Discussion Thread

Brad

I'm back I got my Xbox from walmart. Even with taxes it's a great deal. Almost everyone in line was getting the Xbox. Guess they had a lot of TV's because they had a limit of 2 per person. Everything else was 1 per person. Got there at 6:30 was 4th in line, by 7 the line was around 50.

My local Walmart in Frederick, MD didn't open until 6:00. I got there at 7:37 as I only wanted to get the Xbox 360 as a back-up. There were about 10-12 people in front of me. They had plenty of Xbox 360s left. I got my ticket and the salesperson asked if I wanted any of the other items, which I didn't. Up through 8:00 they had laptops left. The only thing they did ran out of for before 8:00 was the 42" Sharp TVs. They must have had at least 40-50 of the $298 laptops.

I was quite surprised that they had so much of everything left when I got there. I'm sure that word of mouth will spread like wildfire for the next sale so you'll have to be there early.

For those who happen to live in Wisconsin, be warned that Walmart does not honor the advertised prices on some items due to some law that doesn't allow them to sell items under cost. We were 2nd in line to buy the 46" Panasonic for $788 and it rang up at $997. Clerk and managers all were there to try to explain that some items would not be as advertised. We ended up buying the 42" Sharp for $648 (was supposed to be $498). But not sure if we will keep it, as it was really a letdown. We did pick up 2 Xboxes for $199 each, and they came with a $100 store gift card. Also got the laptop for the advertised price of $298. Just not sure why TVs are the problem.

Please tell me there is going to be a better deal on laptops! ;)

There will be a better deal on laptops, probably several better deals. That laptop at WM was pretty underpowered. There should be other models with better specs for right around that same price in the coming weeks.

Perhaps someone can give me a brief answer (because I realize that the thread is about WALMART) Can anyone tell me is the XBOX nearing extinction or anything?

Is there a new model coming out in next 6 mos. to a year?

I have a bad luck history of buying toys...and then new models emerge within 6-12 mos... it happened with PS --then came PS2... and also Gameboy Color....then advance came out.... (before I joined Gottadeal or I guess I would have known..)

THANKS

Perhaps someone can give me a brief answer (because I realize that the thread is about WALMART) Can anyone tell me is the XBOX nearing extinction or anything?

Is there a new model coming out in next 6 mos. to a year?

I have a bad luck history of buying toys...and then new models emerge within 6-12 mos... it happened with PS --then came PS2... and also Gameboy Color....then advance came out.... (before I joined Gottadeal or I guess I would have known..)

THANKS

Being an avid gamer, I can tell you that the XBox is nowhere near extinction. It will be a minimum of 3-4 years before you see a new XBox. This is simply a Christmas season price. You have no worries in buying this product.

Just returned from a really unpleasant experience at Walmart.

You may recall that I bought the 42” Sharp on Thursday, with assurances that they would do a ‘price adjustment’ today.

Well, they let me stand around customer service (it should be renamed customer abuse department) for 30 minutes, while they tried to figure it out. They could not find the person who told me it would be OK (they agreed she was in the store, but they really couldn’t be bothered putting much effort into finding her, until I really started to complain).

I told the manager that since he didn’t believe me (essentially calling me a liar), I’d be glad to just return it and go to BB and buy the Panasonic 42” for the same money. He made someone call and sit on hold for 20 minutes to see if I was telling the truth about the sale at BB. Then he said it didn’t matter, since it was not the SAME model. I reminded him that I told him at the beginning it was not the same model.

It worked out in the end, and I got the price adjustment. I intend to write a letter to Walmart Corporate that will make their hair catch on fire.

PS - I agree with the previous post somewhere above, that we will see lots of markdowns on electronic items, as the season progresses.

PTFLynn

Went to Wal-mart at 630am...doors opened at 7. There was only about 10-15 in line at 7, 8 at 630. I was the only one who purchased the xbox, about 10 got laptops, a few got tvs.

There were about 25 HP $300 laptops and 5 of the $350 Acer from the regular ad. I would estimate at least 20 xboxes, if not more.

Went back at 11 to pick up a couple more things, they still had 3 xboxes, and whole pallets on both DVD players, about 4-5 tvs also, I think the only thing gone was the laptops!

Oh yeah, and I was able to use the gift card immedietly in the store. Looks like retailers will need to lower prices even more if they are looking to move product this holiday season.

I am not surprised the HP's and Acer's werent priced that far from the regular price nor were the two dvd players. Im hoping for black friday to be a little better prices than todays walmart sale

Went to our local Walmart and walked in about 8:05. The line was 20 people deep and half were purchasing TV's the other half said Xbox. They updated us as the line went down and they still had 17 XBox 360 left with only 15 people in front of us. We knew the 2 directly in front of us wanted TV's. We figured we were good, that is until people caught wind that they were putting a limit of 2 per person on the items. We ended up not getting one... HOWEVER, As I stood in line I checked GD on my crackberry and saw the lovely post about purchasing online. A phone call to my brother made me a winner. We ended up getting it for 3 bucks cheaper online than we would have in store because of the taxes. After I knew my order was complete, I filled the people in front of me in on the deal online. Believe it or not, the cashier started making online site to store purchases for the remaining people in line. We all made off with our 360's!! All's well that ends well even though the 2 per person limit was sucky!

I got to Wal-mart at 7am and there were 2 people in line. I wanted the same thing as them- the 42 in Sharp- and they were talking loudly about their not being a per person limit. The cashier believed them and let them buy 3! I got the last one and the people behind me were SOL. I thought that was pretty crappy, but I let people behind me know about the BB sale so they wouldn't miss out. Our line was made up of all people from waaay out of town, I guess they knew their chances of getting an item were greater in a small town store.

They had someone there from corporate running the sale which I thought was interesting. They had tons of laptops, xboxs and dvd players so

I went this morning and arrived at 6:45. The store was open (Grocery side) and my wife and I went in. We went to electronics and there were no TVs. The people in the back had no clue. No real crowd, so we decided to head to customer service to see if they knew. When we got to the front, they had a display with the TVs. They had 3 of each size. THREE. How can you have a sale with only 3 of each? Anyway, we nabbed one, loaded it in the buggy and headed to the site to store (picking up a crib). At 7:30, we headed back up front and there was a line and they were not allowing anyone to get the items. We just waited, checked out, and left.

I am sure people were wondering how we got ours as we rolled right by....

I decided to go to our Walmart around 3AM this morning as Delaware is a no tax state so we get alot of people from MD, PA, and VA. I just stayed in my truck until 6 and went in. They had everything set up in different parts of the store with seperate lines for each item. I was going for the laptop and was #4 in line. By 8, the line was over 100 deep just for the laptop! When I was leaving, one woman thanked me for only buying one and saving some for everyone else!LOL My store got 87 so I know some people were SOL. I don't know how may Xbox's they had but we already have 2 Xboxs, a Wii, and a PS3 so we are golden on gaming systems for now! Until something new comes out.....

Brandi

for people who missed on the laptop deal at Wal Mart, Best Buy has a Toshiba on sale for 349.00:

Toshiba Satellite Laptop with AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor, 3GB DDR2 Ram, 320GB Harddrive, ATI Radeon 4100, Win 7 Home Prem.

Is that a good one?

My local Walmart in Frederick, MD didn't open until 6:00. I got there at 7:37 as I only wanted to get the Xbox 360 as a back-up. There were about 10-12 people in front of me. They had plenty of Xbox 360s left. I got my ticket and the salesperson asked if I wanted any of the other items, which I didn't. Up through 8:00 they had laptops left. The only thing they did ran out of for before 8:00 was the 42" Sharp TVs. They must have had at least 40-50 of the $298 laptops.

I was quite surprised that they had so much of everything left when I got there. I'm sure that word of mouth will spread like wildfire for the next sale so you'll have to be there early.

my walmart (newton ) only had 4 of the laptops 200 dvd players 30 x box and the rest i do'nt know but the kicker was that the asst manager(mike) came out at 6:30 and told us that there was a one limit so if you wanted the laptop they you could'nt get any other specials when i was in line i saw the store manager and i asked him why that was the case he said that it was a miss comm. and that it was one per item the peple behind me got mad:mad::mad: because the got there husband, wife ,g.f., next door neib. to come so that they could get another item

went to our local walmart (pearlcity,Hawaii) they had us wait outside the front door and didn't let us shop until 8:20am.

Here is the inventory thy had. I was 4th in line. We were given 2 item limit per person. Laptops one per person.

Laptop:out of stock(rain checks)

42" sharp lcd: only 2 in stock

xbox 360:20 in stock

sony blue ray:50 in stock

panasonic plasma:out of stock(rain checks)

As you can see it sucked. 2 people in front of me purchased the sharp 42" tvs. All I got was the laptop which I will have to pick up later.:yuck:

My Husband did get the 52" sharp. We were talking when I got home last nite and he said the guy in front of him was there for the laptop and the 42", he didn't even know about the 52. So when they brought the two out he grabbed the other one.

They didn't really have a good system. People were standing around loosely all claiming to be first in line. He said there was a judge threatening everyone AND telling his wife to shut up. I miss all the fun.

Cool part...Now he's in the Black Friday Spirit and is pulling out the Christmas lights. Yippee!!!:groovin:

For those who happen to live in Wisconsin, be warned that Walmart does not honor the advertised prices on some items due to some law that doesn't allow them to sell items under cost. We were 2nd in line to buy the 46" Panasonic for $788 and it rang up at $997. Clerk and managers all were there to try to explain that some items would not be as advertised. We ended up buying the 42" Sharp for $648 (was supposed to be $498). But not sure if we will keep it, as it was really a letdown. We did pick up 2 Xboxes for $199 each, and they came with a $100 store gift card. Also got the laptop for the advertised price of $298. Just not sure why TVs are the problem.

this is true, state law will not allow something to be be sold for undercost. there were many angry people at my walmart in Wausau. They had a list and all laptops were sold out before 8.00

We got the 42 inch tv and the laptop. I got there a little before 5am and was 5th in line. I LOVE the tv, even without the hdmi cable, the picture is beautiful. I'm not sure the laptop was such a great deal, but I'm going to hold onto it until more BF ads come out. If I see a better one, Ill just return the HP.