Walmart 11/7 In-Store Specials Official Discussion Thread

Brad

I have to give kudos to my WM. Unlike some of the other posts I've seen, my store only had 4 laptops and only a couple of the 42" tvs :( So to try to make up for it for everyone, they pulled a bunch of laptops from the back and let those next in line go through and pick what they wanted and gave it for the $298 price. I also wanted the 42" inch tv. They had those ppl go on the other side of the register to get those, and so I didn't end up getting one, even though I was first in line for a tv. The manager knew I was first in line for that, so to make up for it, she gave me the 46" Sharp LCD for the $498 price, the price sticker on the box says $1178. I was very impressed with my WM, they could have said "sorry, sold out", but instead did everything they could to make all the customers happy. :yup: Edited by princez916

I have to give kudos to my WM. Unlike some of the other posts I've seen, my store only had 4 laptops and only a couple of the 42" tvs :( So to try to make up for it for everyone, they pulled a bunch of laptops from the back and let those next in line go through and pick what they wanted and gave it for the $298 price. I also wanted the 42" inch tv. They had those ppl go on the other side of the register to get those, and so I didn't end up getting one, even though I was first in line for a tv. The manager knew I was first in line for that, so to make up for it, she gave me the 46" Sharp LCD for the $498 price, the price sticker on the box says $1148. I was very impressed with my WM, they could have said "sorry, sold out", but instead did everything they could to make all the customers happy. :yup:

Very rare when somthing like that happens, kudos to that walmart.

We got the 42 inch tv and the laptop. I got there a little before 5am and was 5th in line. I LOVE the tv, even without the hdmi cable, the picture is beautiful. I'm not sure the laptop was such a great deal, but I'm going to hold onto it until more BF ads come out. If I see a better one, Ill just return the HP.

Remember you only have 15 days to return a computer to Wal-Mart. :)

Amazon is going to have the same promo on xbox at 9am est

Thank You for posting this....I got to our WM at 5 for the xbox deal there were 3 people ahead of me and 2 wanted the xbox the clerk said they had 14 and passed out our tickets.They said we could leave and come back at 8 and we would get ours first.I was excited so we went and ate breakfast then over to TRU while waiting I was checking this forum and saw your post.Igot back to wm and the lines were getting big,1 line for tickets 1 line for those without.A father and son got in line behind us and we overheard them saying they wanted the xbox,I asked if they had a ticket and he said no so I told him he was in the wrong line and showed him the correct line to be in,the dad had this look of discouragement on his face.I got on my phone went to amazon (slow reception made me nuts) waitied for the lightning deal and got my xbox in cart/paid for/confirmed.I found the dad handed him my ticket and wished him a Merry Christmas

anyone have the ad with the specs for the xbox 360 that was selling on saturday? i thought the ad said it was 512 mb and when i looked at home i got 256 mb. I want to return it but am afraid i have no proof. any help would be great!!!

The XBox 360 Arcade was on sale. The specs for the Arcade says 256 mb, so I'm afraid you got what they were selling. Sorry.

anyone have the ad with the specs for the xbox 360 that was selling on saturday? i thought the ad said it was 512 mb and when i looked at home i got 256 mb. I want to return it but am afraid i have no proof. any help would be great!!!

You don't need proof to return anything as long as you have the receipt! :)

The ad did say 256mb. But from what I have read, the newer Arcade units *should* ship with the new Jasper 512mb processor, even though the box says 256mb.

According to folks over on Amazon, the way to check, without opening the box, is to look through the viewing window in the box's cover. If it says "12 V DC, 12.1 A" then the processor is a 512mb Jasper.

I don't have an Xbox, so I can't verify this method of checking firsthand...

Hope this helps! :)

Check to see if there is a build date on the outside of the box.

Xbox 360 Arcade

The Xbox 360 Arcade[14] is the entry level for the Xbox 360. It is the only current model not to include a hard disk drive, which is required in order to save game states for some games in order to continue playing an in-progress game at a later time after turning off the unit. On October 23, 2007, it replaced the "Xbox 360 Core" and maintained the price of $279.99.[15] It was publicly revealed (though it was available in stores far earlier)[14] by Microsoft's president of Entertainment Devices division Robbie Bach to the Financial Times on October 18, 2007,[16] and officially announced on October 22, 2007.[11] It includes a wireless controller, composite AV cable, HDMI 1.2 output, an internal 512 MB[17] memory chip (units released prior to summer 2009 had 256 MB internal memory[18] while those prior to fall 2008 included a 256 MB memory unit), and 5 Xbox Live Arcade titles:[19] Boom Boom Rocket, Feeding Frenzy, Luxor 2, Pac-Man Championship Edition, and Uno on a single disk, which also includes a "Welcome Video" and several game trailers/demos.[20] Holiday 2008 consoles were bundled with Sega Superstars Tennis.[21] With the September 4, 2008 price cuts, the Arcade fell from $279 to $199.[22] In Europe, with the 2009 Elite price drop and discontinuation of the "Premium" Pro bundle, the Arcade price rose to £159.99 from £129.99 [23]

Got the xbox. My sons old one had the ring of death on it and we just took the hard drive out of it and put in the arcade one. Works great!!! So if you know anyone with an old one with the ring of death problem, con them out of it and get the hard drive.

I got to my Wal Mart later than I had planned on Saturday, maybe by 7:30. Still, there were only maybe 7 or 8 groups in line ahead of me. At about 7:59, an employee came to the end of the line to ask me and the two people ahead of me what we wanted. They were out of the 42" TVs. I wasn't that put off, I'd only been there for less than half an hour, but the guy in front of me had been there since 6 or so. He left in a huff, I picked up a box of Froot Loops and had a nice sugary breakfast with my son at home. He said he enjoyed the cereal more than he would a TV anyway. We don't shop at Wal Mart very much theses days, and would not have gone that morning but for the TV offer. I suppose it worked, because we spent $3 there we otherwise would not have. But we won't be going back to try and get any more deals.

But we got our new TV anyway, a nice 42" plasma from Costco. Cost us $100 more than the Wal Mart deal was, and the specs don't read as good, but it's set up and being enjoyed in our house, and we have 90 days to return it if we find a better deal this season.

My Husband did get the 52" sharp. We were talking when I got home last nite and he said the guy in front of him was there for the laptop and the 42", he didn't even know about the 52. So when they brought the two out he grabbed the other one.

They didn't really have a good system. People were standing around loosely all claiming to be first in line. He said there was a judge threatening everyone AND telling his wife to shut up. I miss all the fun.

Cool part...Now he's in the Black Friday Spirit and is pulling out the Christmas lights. Yippee!!!:groovin:

I bought a laptop - my mom bought two of them. I scoped out the 52" Sharp for my husband - took the ticket home with me and he returned to the store before 12 noon to pay for it. It looks great in our home. Looks like we have all the big items out of the way already:)

Thank You for posting this....I got to our WM at 5 for the xbox deal there were 3 people ahead of me and 2 wanted the xbox the clerk said they had 14 and passed out our tickets.They said we could leave and come back at 8 and we would get ours first.I was excited so we went and ate breakfast then over to TRU while waiting I was checking this forum and saw your post.Igot back to wm and the lines were getting big,1 line for tickets 1 line for those without.A father and son got in line behind us and we overheard them saying they wanted the xbox,I asked if they had a ticket and he said no so I told him he was in the wrong line and showed him the correct line to be in,the dad had this look of discouragement on his face.I got on my phone went to amazon (slow reception made me nuts) waitied for the lightning deal and got my xbox in cart/paid for/confirmed.I found the dad handed him my ticket and wished him a Merry Christmas

Good for You! You will be Blessed!:o

The manager at WM told us that the sale items for Saturday Sales would be posted the Monday before. I have not been able to find anything for the 11/14 sale. Anyone find anything?

I'm looking for it too! I don't see it. I am hopeful that I-Pod (Touch) will be the next thing they have on sale.

I don't know if this helps, but I copied and pasted from a google search. It's about a playstation 3 sale on Nov. 24th and mentions the saturday sales.

Those of you who remember the secret $99 HD DVD sale at Wal-Mart may be interested in the "sequel": a Sony PlayStation 3 game console with ten Blu-ray movies, for $499.

The model being sold is the 80-Gbyte version, which costs about $499 or a little more just by itself. Tacking on ten additional Blu-ray movies, which can cost $20 or so apiece, is a heck of a deal.

Of course, what this means is a riposte of sorts from the Blu-ray camp, which Sony leads. To me, there's a world of difference between a $99 (or $199 or $299) HD DVD player and a $499 game console, no matter how many freebies are thrown in.

The sale will begin on Saturday, Nov. 24, at 8 AM, according to the secret Wal-Mart Web site advertising the deal. (It's an official Wal-Mart site; click on the Saturday specials link to view the offer.) Other deals will be announced as that date nears, as well as "Black Friday" sales.

I don't know if this helps, but I copied and pasted from a google search. It's about a playstation 3 sale on Nov. 24th and mentions the saturday sales.

Those of you who remember the secret $99 HD DVD sale at Wal-Mart may be interested in the "sequel": a Sony PlayStation 3 game console with ten Blu-ray movies, for $499.

The model being sold is the 80-Gbyte version, which costs about $499 or a little more just by itself. Tacking on ten additional Blu-ray movies, which can cost $20 or so apiece, is a heck of a deal.

Of course, what this means is a riposte of sorts from the Blu-ray camp, which Sony leads. To me, there's a world of difference between a $99 (or $199 or $299) HD DVD player and a $499 game console, no matter how many freebies are thrown in.

The sale will begin on Saturday, Nov. 24, at 8 AM, according to the secret Wal-Mart Web site advertising the deal. (It's an official Wal-Mart site; click on the Saturday specials link to view the offer.) Other deals will be announced as that date nears, as well as "Black Friday" sales.

I am pretty sure this is last year because HD DVD is no longer around and the 24 is a tuesday

I am pretty sure this is last year because HD DVD is no longer around and the 24 is a tuesday

And last year it was a Monday...Nov 24th '07 was a Saturday.

Oh and I just bought an HD DVD player a few months ago. Not everyone is jumping on the Blue Ray bandwagon! ;)

It was the 256 MB version...Didn't really matter to me, because I will be getting the hard drive. There was no advertisement for continued sale, but I asked them to scan it and the gift card popped up for them to put a $100 on. Is still in their system, but it may be linked to specific product brought in for that sale. Worth a try. I used the card before I even left the store

Once my son goes to sleep tonight I will be heading there to check it out. If I can keep my pregnant self from having to camp outside of BB that would be sweeeet. Hopefully this TV lives up to my expectations.

The 42" Sharp has a good picture (NOT SONY GOOD) but good.