Walmart 11/7 In-Store Specials Official Discussion Thread

Brad

I just came back from WM and there were 3 people there camped out in the TV dept waiting on the deals.

I really think these WM TV deals will be matched several times over the next 7 weeks. For example BB has 2 models for $498 today, and it's not even BF yet.

So if someone out there is debating standing in line for hours, my advice would be to just wait. Retailers are going to get desperate...

That is great advice! The people in line were high school/college kids with nothing else better to do.

I really think these WM TV deals will be matched several times over the next 7 weeks. For example BB has 2 models for $498 today, and it's not even BF yet.

So if someone out there is debating standing in line for hours, my advice would be to just wait. Retailers are going to get desperate...

I have decided to try for the xbox for my son in law. I hope 5 is early enough!

WM had a similar sale last year and I camped outside of the store starting at 1am (3rd on line). By 5am the line was wrapping around the store. I would suggest to get there around 3/4 am. What's a few hours of sleep to save some big $$ :D You can make up for lost sleep when you get home with your X-box! :yup:

I called my WalMart today, the asst mgr said people from corporate are coming in to run the sale. They are not giving out line tickets, the tv will be in the front of the store, the laptops in electronics.

First come, first serve - it is a 24 hours store and people can start lining up anytime.

They said call before you come and they will let you know how many people are in line.

The ad said 10 laptops but they are expecting 30 to be available.

DD would like to get one for dgd but I don't know if she will go stand in line.

Went to Wal-Mart today and was told that the prices on the TV’s were going to be higher. Since this store could not give me much more info on the prices, I decided to call other stores when I got home to see what I could find out. Unfortunately for Wisconsin residents the TV’s are going to be a lot more. I was told by several store and electronics managers that the price for the 42” sharp LCD is going to be $680 to $728. They also told me that the 46” is going to be $1098. (OUCH) If you were looking at getting one of these TV’s, your only chance at getting them at the lower price is if you go to Illinois.

If anyone has a Fry's Electronics near them...

I got an Acer for $377 at Fry's Electronics. It is dual core, AMD Athlon 64 bit... so it comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Edition. Also has integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics which is great for playing most games. I think it is a better laptop than the Walmart HP $298 deal.

Im at my walmart in southern new hampshire and there is nobody here waiting ....they dont open til 7...hopefully they will let me buy my xbox and get out of here....also going to wait on the tv like Brad, if these deals are there now hopefully they only get better

DH is in line at Walmart, I had to go in to work OT (yeah! more BF $) so made him go. He was going to leave at eight I sent him out at 7. He is 3rd in line, says there are a lot of other people behind him now. They won't sell anything till 0800 even though it is a 24H store. And there are only 2 of the 52". He's sweating it but we should be okay, they are probly there for the computer.

Of course if I was there I would know what they were there for by now, but he's not as talkative as me. And then again, if I hadn't had to go into work, I'd have been first in line...:yup:

i tried to get the xbox deal online but i am so badly confused. can i apply the gc of 100 to the xbox now so i am only paying the 99??? i am not good at this *sigh*

no, they will send the eGift card to you after you make the purchase. and i believe the eGift cards can only be used on walmart.com or samsclub.com, not in the physical stores.

the amazon.com deal in less than half an hour might be better, especially with no tax for most, and the amazon GC is probably easier to find things to spend on, assuming it's a no-restriction code.