Post a Recipe & Win GottaDeal.com Black Friday Survival Kits! [Winners Chosen!]

Brad

Was just pointing out that the contest was looking for desserts. Didn't want someone to not get an entry cause they posted a main dish. Post all the recipes you please. I just might use them. So sorry to have upset you so much.:gdxoxo:

You didn't upset me at all, I had my one entry anything I post now is for everyone to enjoy.

Here is a family favorite - make it up before you leave for midnight mass, so it's ready when the kiddies get up at 6am!

MONKEY BREAD

1 package (Rich’s) frozen rolls

1 small package (4 oz.) butterscotch pudding

½ teaspoon cinnamon

1 stick of margarine, melted

1 cup brown sugar

(1 cup crushed nuts or raisins)

line an angel food cake pan with aluminum foil

grease it thoroughly

put the frozen rolls in; you'll have a 3 or 4 deep stack around the pan

mix all dry ingredients in a bowl

pour half of the melted butter over the rolls in the pan

immediately pour on the dry ingredients, spreading them evenly around

pour on the rest of the butter

cover the pan with a damp cloth

let it rise for 8 – 10 hours

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, until a golden color

Honey Maid Fruit Salsa w/Graham Crackers

This is a great light dessert after a heavy meal.

1/4 cup chopped red apples

1/2 cup chopped seedless green grapes

1/4 cup canned mandarin orange segments, drained & cut in half

1/4 cup chopped strawberries

2 tbsp apricot preserves

8 Honey Maid low fat Honey Grahams, broken in half (16 squares)

Mix fruit and preserves until well blended, place in small strainer over bowl.

Refrigerate at least 30 mins.

Spoon 1 tbsp of the fruit mixture onto each graham square just before serving.

These are a must have at my house for the holidays Everyone loves them!!

Gooey Butter Cookies

* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

* 1/2 cup butter, softened

* 1 egg

* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix

* 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add cake mix, and stir until well blended. Roll into 1inch balls and roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar. Place 1 inch apart onto a greased cookie sheet.I use parchment paper

3. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes(Or until golden brown DO NOT over cook them!!) in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

Sorry but aside from this contest---I have a question...

can someone post or PM me with the easiest/most uniform way to print these recipes out? I don't want every one, but ALOT of them.

Also, don't know that I need the pictures.....that makes things bigger/uses more ink.

Anyone have simple directions on how to do this. It'd be great to get them in a uniform 4 x 6 size....

Thanks

Not a real "Christmasy" cookie, but they've been a tradition for several years.

Almond Joy Cookie Bars

2 pgs. Oreos, finely ground

1 cup butter, melted

14 oz pkg sweetened flaked coconut

3/4 cup slivered almonds

12 oz pkg semisweet chocolate chips

2-14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 baking pan with enough foil (use the Reynolds Release non-stick foil) to overhang sides by 1". Butter foil. Mix Oreo crumbs and butter. Mix 1 tablespoon coconut, 1 tablespoon almonds & 1 tablespoon chocolate chips; reserve.

Press 1/2 crumb mixture into bottom of pan; sprinkle with 1/2 of remaining coconut, 1/2 of the remaining almonds and 1/2 of remaining chocolate chips. With hands, firmly pack mixture into pan. Pour 1 can milk over chips; level top.

Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Cover mixture with plastic wrap; with hands, firmly pack mixture. Remove wrap. Sprinkle crumb mixture with remaining coconut, almonds and chocolate chips; firmly pack. Pour remaining milk over top; level. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Fold foil over edges; bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cool on rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cooled completely and firm, about 4 hours or overnight. Invert the pan and peel off the foil (if they stick, toss the pan in a warm oven for a couple of minutes). Cut bars while cold.

Robert Redford Dessert

1st layer:

1 C. self-rising flour

1/2 C. melted butter

1/2 C. ground pecans

Mix ingredients & spread in 9x13 pan. Bake 7-10 minutes at 400 degrees. Let cool.

2nd layer:

8 oz. cream cheese

1 C. powdered sugar

8 oz. Cool Whip

Beat cream cheese & powdered sugar well. Fold in Cool Whip.

3rd layer:

2 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding

1/2 tsp. vanilla

3 C. milk

8 oz. Cool Whip

Heath candy bars, crushed

Prepare pudding mix, adding vanilla & milk. Beat 2 minutes. Spread over 2nd layer. Top with Cool Whip & chopped Heath bars.

Microwave Pecan Praline Candy Recipe

Ingredients

1 cup whipping cream

1 pound light brown sugar

2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped

2 tablespoons margarine, softened

Directions

Mix cream and sugar together. Microwave 13 minutes on high. Remove from microwave. Add margarine and pecans. Quickly stir. Drop onto waxed paper using a tablespoon.

Old Fashioned Fudge Candy

3 cups granulated sugar

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 1/2 cups milk

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup butter

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/2 cups toasted chopped walnuts

In a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium heat combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue cooking, not stirring, until mixture reaches 235° on a candy thermometer, or until it reaches soft ball stage**. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Let stand to cool for about 1 hour, until mixture comes to room temperature. Wit a wooden spoon, beat until fudge thickens and loses its gloss. Stir in toasted walnuts and spoon into a buttered 8-inch square pan. Cool completely then cut into 1-inch squares. Makes about 64 pieces.

Turkey Lasagna

Ingredients

1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms

1 small onion, chopped

1/2 teaspoon salt, divided

2 teaspoons olive oil

(15 ounces) turkey breast

1/2 cup half-and-half cream

1 teaspoon dried sage leaves

Dash pepper

9 no-cook lasagna noodles

1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the turkey, cream, sage, pepper and remaining salt.

Spread 1/2 cup turkey sauce in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles (noodles will overlap slightly). Spread 1/2 cup turkey sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.

kklracing, We have Robert Redford dessert EVERY holiday and my Mom and Dads, but ours isn't chocolate. My grandmother has always made it with pistachio pudding and then on top she uses crushed pecan sandies cookies instead of the Heath bars. In our family it never had an official name, we just always called it "Mom-O's Green Stuff", lol.

ok fancy people! the economy sux this year and I know people are struggling to make ends meet, let alone purchase a gift and make fancy dinners. I have a cheap, easy recipie that the kids can help make, will eat, then ask for more and not balk at eating after you tell them its a cassarole. mostly all leftovers!

FRENCH FRY CASSEROLE preheat oven to 350....

1 big bag of cheap french frys frozen

1 8oz tub sour cream (i have subbed french onion dip and was good)

1 can of cream of whatever is in the cupboard... cheese broccoli is good

about 1 cup of shredded/cubed cheese (whatever was left of that cheese tray)

leftover ham (you can also use lunchmeat or turkey)

if you have leftovers from a veg. tray, steam it tender and toss it in too!

Topping:

you know that cheese and cracker tray you just took all the cheese from and are now stuck with those crackers? put them in a plastic bag and smash the daylights out of them until you have about 1/2 cup. add 1/4 c melted butter to crackers stir untill all coates and absorbed. sprinkle on top of your french fries!

bake 35-45 min.

ok lol u must have googled contests ideas too lol i was just going to pm u this info too lol Well Heres my entry...

I make this for christmas morning sometimes...This is a yummy casserole of bread, cream cheese, eggs, and milk. Tastes just like regular french toast but it's made the night before and baked in the oven. This is not really sweet so you might like more maple syrup with it

INGREDIENTS

10 cups white bread cubes

1 (8 ounce) package lowfat cream cheese, softened

8 eggs

1 1/2 cups milk

2/3 cup half-and-half cream

1/2 cup maple syrup

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in milk, half and half, maple syrup, and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over the bread; cover, and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, remove souffle from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F

Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve warm.

YUUUMMMYYY...

I have made this! Ridiculously AWESOME, and great for Christmas Morning, pop it in the oven while you sneak out those last gifts for under the tree b4 the rest of the Fam gets up!

Easy Peppermint Bark

Ingredients:

1 lb white chocolate

10 peppermint candy canes - crushed

Directions:

1: Line cookie sheet with foil

2: Microwave white chocolate until melted and smooth

3: Stir crushed candy canes into melted chocolate

(put candy canes in baggy - use mallet, rolling pin or hammer :D to crush)

4: Spread evenly in pan and chill in fridge or freezer until set (approx 1 hour)

5: Break into pieces by slamming the cookie sheet on a counter... or with the hammer :D

Variations:

Use dark chocolate or milk chocolate

Use hard orange candy or lemon heads

[ATTACH]3105[/ATTACH]

post-166612-137262189472_thumb.jpg

Christmas Toffee

1 sleeve of saltines

2 sticks of butter

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 bag of chocolate chips

1/2- 1 cup chopped nuts

On tin foil, make a single layer of saltines in a cookie sheet or cake pan(make sure there are sides to the pan, to hold all the ingredients in). Melt butter in a pan, add brown sugar and boil for 2 minutes. Then pour over saltines. Put in oven @ 350 for 10 min. Add chocolates chips on top and let sit for 2 min. until soft. Spread chocolate evenly, then sprinkle w/ nuts. Chill until hard, then break into pieces.

This is so good, kind of like a Heath bar w/ nuts.

Peanut butter mud squares

Take a box of regular brownie mix. Make and bake as instructed on the side of the box.

Let completely cool.

Peanutbutter layer

1/2 cup peant butter

1 - 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 cup softened butter

1/4 cup evaporated milk

Cream together and spread over top of brownies. Pop into the refrig so the peanutbutter can set up.

Chocolate frosting

2 sticks butter, softened

1/3 cup cocoa

1 box powdered sugar

1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/3 cup evaporated milk (can add more if it's too thick)

Spread on top of the preanutbutter layer. Cut into little squares and enjoy!

Fudgey Cocoa No Bakes

2c. sugar

1/2c. butter or margarine

1/2c. milk

1/3c. cocoa

2/3c. creamy peanut butter

2t. vanilla extract

3c. quick cook oats

Combine these in a large pot over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar has melted. Then add cocoa and peanut butter, mixing well after each. Add vanilla and oats, then drop by desired amounts onto wax paper. Cool completely before storing in a tightly sealing container. Refrigerate if needed, but I don't think they will be around that long. :gdlicklips:

Yield: depends on what size you make them, but using teaspoon size drops will get you about 3 dozen I think.

I have 2 recipes, the first is a traditional that we put in our Christmas gift baskets that we have given out for the last 6 years, each year we put in about 7 or 8 different items, the other is one i found last year that was an instant hit.

Christmas Fudge

3 cups granulated sugar

3/4 cup butter

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1 cup chopped pecans

1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme

1 (6-ounce) package or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Grease a 9-inch square pan; set aside.

2. Combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Cook to the soft-ball stage.*

3. Remove from the heat and stir in pecans, marshmallow creme and chocolate chips. Stir until smooth then pour into pan. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 16.

*'Soft-ball' describes the point at which a drop of boiling syrup immersed in cold water, when removed, forms a soft ball that flattens of its own accord but does not ooze. On a candy thermometer, the soft-ball stage is between 234° and 240°F.

Holiday Truffles

Ingredients:

1 (12-oz.) pkg. (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur or 1 teaspoon orange extract (also used a splash of rum in one batch)

1 can chocolate fudge or chocolate frosting

Coconut, chocolate sprinkles, ground nuts or cocoa*

Preparation Directions:

1. Melt chocolate chips in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in orange liqueur and frosting; blend well. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until firm.

2. Place coconut* in pie pan. Scoop mixture into 1-inch balls; drop onto coconut. We also used powdered sugar, a cinnamon sugar mixture and a cocoa powder mixture for the coatings. (Mixture will be sticky). Roll to coat. Place in foil candy cups, if desired. Store in refrigerator.

Great thread!! :thumbsup:

I have a Thanksgiving favorite:

Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups white sugar

1 cup canned pumpkin puree

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Optional Glaze:

2 cups confectioners' sugar

3 tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon melted butter

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.

3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies.

4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies with a fork.

And a Christmas favorite:

Snickerdoodles

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup shortening

1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

Cinnamon Sugar:

2 tablespoons white sugar

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2. Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

this is what i made one year and i should have made a big pan of it

FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE

8 oz. cream cheese

1 c. crunchy peanut butter

2 c. powdered sugar

1 c. milk

1 lg. carton Cool Whip

Mix all ingredients. Add Cool Whip last. Pour into 2 baked pie shells and freeze. Serve frozen.

i also make these almost weekly

Fudgey Cocoa No Bakes recipe above

i add sometimes a package of chocolate pudding mix just the powder and it makes it richer

Edited by dealluvr
add

Potato Salad Grandma's Way

Ingredients

5lb bag red potatoes

1 large onion

2 lbs bacon

4 large eggs

mayo

mustard

pickle relish

Peel the red potatoes and rinse. Then place them in a boiler and cover with water. Add the four eggs to the potatoes in water so they can boil. (Place the eggs in there whole! DO not crack!) While that is boiling, go ahead and fry the bacon until it is crispy. Take the onion and grate it into a large bowl. After the potatoes and eggs are through boiling grate the eggs in the bowl with the onion. Add the potatoes to the bowl. Crumble the bacon into the bowl. Add salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of mayo and a small amount of mayo. Add 1 teaspoon of pickle relish. Mix all of this together with a large spoon. You will have to add more may and mustard to your liking. I like more mustard than mayo. it is a personal preference.

It is always a favorite at my parents house!

Millionaires

1 (14 oz) bag caramels

2 T water

2 T butter

Melt over low heat

3 cups pecans

Add to caramel mix after melted

Drop by rounded teaspoons on waxed paper –refrigerate until firm.

1 pkg milk chocolate chips

1 bar parrifin wax

Dip candy and place on waxed paper

I LOVE the look/idea of the 2 below recipes! Questions though...

First mice recipe-- Could you make this without the Oreo on the bottom? I'm just wondering if they'd still stay together and possibly be easier to eat...

Second mice recipe-- Could this be made with store-bought peanut butter cookie dough? Also, do you flatten the balls of dough a little? If not, how do you get the decorations to still be in the right spots when they bake? Would it work to add the ears, nose, and eyes immediately after they come out of the oven instead?

These sound so good and are soooo cute! Thanks for posting them, Illinoismom!! :)

Christmas eve mice

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/exps14769_B1274C36.jpg

Ingredients

24 double-stuffed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies

1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

2 teaspoons shortening

24 red maraschino cherries with stems, well drained

24 milk chocolate kisses

48 sliced almonds

1 small tube green decorative icing gel

1 small tube red decorative icing gel

Directions

Carefully twist cookies apart; set aside the halves with cream filling. Save plain halves for another use.

In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip in melted chocolate, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. Place on the cream filling of cookie, with cherry stem extending beyond cookie edge.

For ears, place slivered almonds between the cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set. With green gel, pipe holly leaves on the cream. With red gel, pipe holly berries between leaves and pipe eyes on each chocolate kiss. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Peanut butter mice

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/exps21927_TH10388D27A.jpg

Ingredients

1 cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 egg

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup peanut halves

2 tablespoons green and red M&M's miniature baking bits

4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies

60 to 66 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)

Directions

In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. (Dough will be soft). Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert two peanut halves in center of each ball for ears. Add one M&M baking bit for nose and two chocolate chips for eyes. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.

Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for tail. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.

Chow Main Noodle Cookies

1 pkg Chow Main Noodles

1 pkg Butterscotch Chips

1 pkg Chocolate Chips

Melt chips together and add chow main noodles. Drop into cookies on wax paper and chill.

Try these with potato sticks instead of chow mein noodles-- their saltiness gives these an awesome, "can't eat just one" flavor!! ;)

FYI- when made with all butterscotch chips, I've heard these (made with the noodles or the potato sticks) called "Haystacks"...

I LOVE the look/idea of the 2 below recipes! Questions though...

First mice recipe-- Could you make this without the Oreo on the bottom? I'm just wondering if they'd still stay together and possibly be easier to eat...

Second mice recipe-- Could this be made with store-bought peanut butter cookie dough? Also, do you flatten the balls of dough a little? If not, how do you get the decorations to still be in the right spots when they bake? Would it work to add the ears, nose, and eyes immediately after they come out of the oven instead?

These sound so good and are soooo cute! Thanks for posting them, Illinoismom!! :)

I ma not sure on either, I stick close to the original recipes. But on the peanut butter ones I can't see why it wouldnt work

Some great ideas here love this thread!

Swedish Princess Cake- Princesstårta

A RECIPE FOR THE TIME-CHALLENGED:

Purchase:

1 plain vanilla or sponge cake

1 jar raspberry jam

1 pint thick whipping cream

8 ounces almond paste

confectioners sugar

food colouring

an egg

Mix together 8-ounce can almond paste, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 3 drops of green food coloring, and 1 tablespoon egg white. Chill for an hour. Slice a plain, unfrosted vanilla cake or sponge cake into three layers.

Spread the bottom two layers with a little raspberry jam, then with whipped cream. Spread the remaining whipped cream over the top and sides. Roll out the almond paste between two sheets of waxed paper until it is thin and

large enough to cover the top and sides of the cake in one piece. You could measure the height of the cake and multiply that by two, then add the width of the cake and you will know how big it needs to be. Take off one sheet of paper and carefully lift the marzipan and put it over the cake with the paper side up. Once you have adjusted it so the cake is completely covered remove the second sheet of paper and trim any excess marzipan from around

the bottom of the cake. Last of all sift a fine dusting of powdered sugar over the top of the cake.

These are one of my favorite Christmas cookies. My bestfriend made them one year and now I am hooked. I love the combination of the M&Ms and nuts. When I make them I omit the raisins (not a big raisin fan) and just add a little more of the nuts.

Jumbles

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 cup M&M’S® MINIS® Milk Chocolate Candies

1 cup raisins

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; add egg. Combine flour and baking soda; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in M&M’S® MINIS® Milk Chocolate Candies, raisins and nuts. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Cool 2 to 3 minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool thoroughly. Store in airtight container.

Saltine Toffee

1 sleeve of saltine crackers

1 cup butter

1/2 cup light brown sugar

12 oz semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper, folding the edges up so the sides are covered as well. Lay the saltines in a single layer on the parchment paper.

Melt butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Adjust temperature as necessary.

Pour butter-brown sugar mixture over the saltine crackers. Spread the mixture evenly, working quickly as it will begin to cool.

Put jelly roll pan in over and bake for 15 minutes.

Remove the pan from oven and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Press lightly.

Put the pan into the refrigerator and refrigerate for one hour. When the bark has finished cooling, remove the pan from refrigerator. Using your hands or a pizza cutter, break or cut the bark into pieces.

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If layering the bark, place sheets of waxed paper between the layers to prevent sticking.

My favorite easy cookie!

Magic Cookie Bars

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs or chocolate cookie crumbs

1 (14 oz) can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)

2 cups (12oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips*

1 1/3 cups of flaked coconut

1 cup chopped nuts*

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for glass dish). In 13 X 9 inch baking pan, melt butter in oven.

2. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.

3. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.

Recipe Variations:

Substitute *chocolate chips or nuts with: mini candy coated pieces, dried cranberries, raisins, mini marshmallows or butterscotch chips.