Do you collect anything Christmas themed?

mgmckny

I know we ask almost every year but with new people adding in, it's nice to get to know likes and dislikes.

I love snowglobes, probably because my dad always loved them, doesn't have to be fancy or elaborate...

I also collect snowmen, santas and pink flamingo ornaments.... Yes, pink flamingos...Growing up here in Florida most people probably hate them but I threaten regularly to stake a few hundred in the front lawn (my HOA hates me and the feeling is mutual...). While we don't do a lot of outdoor decorating, my ultimate goal is to have all the indoors done. Hasn't happened yet but I'm working on it...:holiday01

I love the Christmas Story decorations. I told dh this year I am buying a leg lamp and putting it on the end table replacing our other one for the Holidays. My co-workers think I'm nuts! LOL

I used to collect Coca-Cola items and have just about any Coke ornament they have made, including a ceramic tree that is decorated in Coke bottles, bears, etc. from some collectibles company. But I kinda got bored with them and haven't bought any new ones in several years.

Also LOVE It's A Wonderful Life themed Christmas stuff.

1. Anything with Penguins - the entire house has penguin stuff (dishes, blankets, big outdoor ones, snowbaby penguins, dog toy penguins, pajama penguins, etc)

2. jcpenny's snowglobe bf giveaways - i line them up by year over my computer

3. Florida Gator themed Christmas stuff

4. I have a Christmas village I set up every year, but there are no houses or buildings - only the outdoor themed ones - like the Christmas Story boys with the tongue one the flag post or skaters, lighted trees and lamp posts, carolers, woodland scenes, etc

5. My Little Pony Christmas ornaments and ponies

Way back when I collected Santa's then I decided I liked Snowmen better. They were in every room of my house during the holidays. But I stopped after that was what everyone gave me for gifts and I was getting ones I didn't care for. Then I moved to a smaller house I didn't have room to display all of them, so I rotate them now each year when I decorate but many stay boxed up.

DD says I should have a garage sale and sell all the ones that have been in boxes for more than 5 years and that are too large for me to use. Some I like so much I can't bare to get rid of them, others I'd give away...if I dug them out of the boxes.

I collect Nutcrackers- though I don't really collectthemcollect. I make sure to buy a new one every year at Target after Christmas is over. So I have lottttsss of them.

I also collect Nativity sets, stockings, and Christmas trees.

I don't know why I collect stockings...they really aren't that fun , but I have a ton of them and always pick up a new one each year:rolleyes:.

I collect Christmas themed bobbleheads for my husband. We have the whole Rudolph crew, the Peanuts Christmas set, and both the snow & heat mizers. I'm working on the Christmas Story ones next.

I collect Disney themed decorations and ornaments for myself. I also buy a christmas ornament for my boys each year that represents something they are into or like. It's fun to decorate the tree and hang the Blue's Clues, arthur, Spiderman, and Toy Story ornaments. Brings back so many memories of the boys. I even have one for every year since I was thirteen. It's funny to see my garfield ornaments next to the boys garfield ones.

Snowmen, snowmen, snowmen! I love them, especially the bald ones! LOL And the fat ones!!! I have so many snowmen that I keep telling myself I need to change to something else and I just can't!

lol... ME TOO... they're just too darn cute... I just started a collecting a few years ago so i dont have too many yet... i'm sure its just a matter of time... ;)

I collect snowmen (not all- they have to "speak" to me)

and cardinal birds

I live in a good wintery part of the country so I keep my snowmen and cardinals up until

Valentine's Day. I've thought of keeping them up year-round but I don't know if seeing them everyday would make them lose their special meaning.

I love every bit of the Christmas season--it's the best part of the year as far as I am concerned.

This year, I am starting Christmas on November 1 :tongue1:

I am the same way. LOVE snowmen so much! Can never have too many either.

Snowmen, snowmen, snowmen! I love them, especially the bald ones! LOL And the fat ones!!! I have so many snowmen that I keep telling myself I need to change to something else and I just can't!

We all collect something here, and we have 6 kids soooo... my husband and I collect dept 56 "snow village" my oldest daughter collects dept 56 "the north pole village" my second oldest daughter collects the dept 56" a christmas story" my 3rd daughter collects dept 56 "dickens village" my 4th daughter collects dept 56 snowbabies and my 5th daughter collects dept 56 snowbunnies. My one son(he is 4) is still deciding what he wants to collect. They save money and buy pieces all year and add the new pieces they want to their christmas list. It is very fun.

I collect snowmen and just love getting them out!

I give the kids Hallmark ornaments every year that signify something they were really into that year. It's always fun to pull the ornaments out and look back on what they loved in the past. DS has gotten Star Wars, Spiderman, Veggietales, and Indiana Jones. DD has gotten Nemo, Mickey, Madagascar, etc.

DH collects the Star Wars Hallmark ornaments.

I also buy my mom the Harry Potter ornaments every year. She collects them.

I have been collecting nutcrackers for the last 8 years or so and started out buying one each year. The last few years I see some that I really need. Now I have about 50. It gets challenging displaying all of them so the look nice.

Also have snowmen and santa's.