Toys R Us Opening at Midnight - Rumor - See Post #18

juanadeal

On another note....everyone who has the BF add for TRU and thinks they can get the doorbuster prices by getting it on Thanksgiving and then going back in Friday morning..think again. I heard there will be no price adjustments. Just refunding money and you have to find it in the store again. Anything returned will not go back on the shelves immediately and you can not just pick it back up out of the re-shop cart.

to the former Toys R Us kid.....The state of Maine has a law on the books that stores can not be open on Thanksgiving or Christmas if they have xyz sq ft. Kmart sales on thanksgiving I get to shop for the day before thanksgiving because they are closed here too.

I don't think stores should be open that day. Especially during those hours. Like someone else said, that's right in the middle of the day when everyone's having dinner. Not only is it not fair to the employees, I can't see a lot of people forgoing their meals to go shopping.

I guess I just don't see the purpose of doing both. If they want to open at midnight I guess that's fine, but be closed on thanksgiving. Maybe they'll find it's not as profitable as they'd hoped and will be closed next year. If this trend keeps up, everyone's going to be opening at midnight, then what will we do?

I asked one of the managers at my TRU and she said that they are talking about opening at midnight at certain "test" stores this year and if it does good then they will probably do it at all stores next year. However, she did tell me that they are just in talks of what to do for Black Friday...everything is subject to change. They are just trying to be much more competitive with the other stores. She has heard nothing about being open on Thanksgiving.

I can't wait to see. I called my tru and they told me to call back and talk to the store manager to see if he knew the hours they would be open on Thanksgiving and black friday. Come on people I know these people know. I would love it to be midnight. Think about it shop, coffee, bathroom break, and shop at the next store.

We were in the TRU here in Baton Rouge last night. The manager told me this is all true. Open on Thanksgiving day and at midnight BF. She told me before I could even ask her.:shock:

I plan on going to to the one in slidell on thursday to pick up a few things and am going to ask them. This is going to throw a BIG monkey wrench on my plans for BF. I always do WM, KM and then TRU and last Target. BUT with WM and Target PM'ing now I think I may be able to get more at one store!!

A lot of employees don't mind working on a holiday because of all of the extra pay!

to the former Toys R Us kid.....The state of Maine has a law on the books that stores can not be open on Thanksgiving or Christmas if they have xyz sq ft. Kmart sales on thanksgiving I get to shop for the day before thanksgiving because they are closed here too.

If they find it profitable, I don't mind them being open on Thanksgiving. I'd rather have them be open on a holiday then have to go out of business altogether.

And if Kmart didn't make any money by being open on Thanksgiving, they wouldn't keep doing it. So it's not all their fault. Besides, it's nice to get out of the house for an hour or so after I got the turkey in the oven!

I don't see what the big deal is about them being open except for the fact that it was probably sprung on the ee's without them expecting it. All through college, I worked for a popular chain restaurant and we were open 365 days of the year. The winter holidays were mandatory and we had to choose I think 3 of the 6 big ones to work.

Who's to say that buying wings and burgers on Thanksgiving is okay and but buying toys isn't?

Sorry but I think that manager statement is semi bull****....I don't know one large retail operation that is closed on Easter and many of them are open on Thanksgiving also. My nieces boyfriend was working in the automotive dept in Walmart last Thanksgiving...so I know they were open, and who was getting tires on Tday anyway lol....but sorry on the tangent...

Depending on what they have this could be excellent....but I'm on the hunt for a good cheap netbook, so I may be in line else where on T-day anyway!

I will not shop Thanksgiving no matter what they have on sale or give away.

Now Black Friday hours starting earlier, where's the line. Me and my money will be there.

If you want to preserve Black Friday as the biggest shopping day of the year with the best deals, you to will need to shop Black Friday and convince the retailers Black Friday is the day. Not Thanksgiving...

I live near a ToyRus and the new in store layaway program has the parking lot full. I would think that program will show more $$ than opening Thanksgiving Day if the traffic is any indicator.

• 2 weeks later...
i just called to see what time the toys r us i shop at is opening at on black friday and the guy on the phone said at midnight there will be a set of doorbusters and then at 5 am there will be another set of doorbusters. very interesting, i wonder how that will work? oh fyi this is for the north attelborough mass. store i dont know if its just this store or regional.

I can confirm this. I saw the hours they are open for the holiday and Thanksgiving was Closed, but Black Friday was Midnight.

I'm kind of glad about this. I usually shop Kmart on Thanksgiving day so TRU and Kmart on Thanksgiving day and shopping all of BF??:tired:

YEAR - BF DATE-----------DATE AD CAME OUT:

2009: 11/27--------------Come on TRU!!! We need that ad!!!!!

2008: 11/28--------------11/20/08 – TRU 8 DAYS BEFORE

2007: 11/23--------------11/13/07 - Toys 'R' Us 10 DAYS BEFORE

2006: 11/24--------------11/10/06 – TRU 14 DAYS BEFORE

2005: 11/25--------------11/9/05 - Toys R Us 16 DAYS BEFORE