How Did Your Price Adjustment Go?

mysticmage

How did it go while getting your adjustment?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How did it go while getting your adjustment?

• Good, everything went fine!
    • Bad, there were a few things going wrong.

Price adjustment did not work for me, because the 2 stores I tried on Wednesday did not put out any stock of the 10" Audiovox portable dvd player. I tried in Mooresville and Hickory, NC stores, and scoured the electronic department and nearby endcaps, but none of the players were around. They had tons of the other BF stuff like the Crosley 4-in-one player, etc. up on top shelves. When I finally asked the clerks, they claimed ignorance of course. I had seen 3 of these players locked in a cabinet in the Roanoke, VA store last week and figured that I could get them at one of the NC stores during my Thanksgiving trip. It sounds like they must have had very limited supplies of these players. Can anyone verify? Thanks.

When I went looking on Wednesday, I checked the stock online first before going out and about - went to the closest Target of the 3 in the area to home (Northway Mall), and the clerk at first said "no problem, let me go get it for you out of the back", a long drawn out discussion over the portable radio/phone off to the side ensued in which I overheard the word manager a few times, and finally she went out back to the stock room with another associate, came back and claimed they didn't have any, but that they were expecting a truck in tonight with stuff for black friday.

The way the whole thing went down (and the attitude I got from the associate) just basically made me feel like they had them, they knew why I was there and just plain didn't want to give it to me.

Sooooo... I went to another Target in Latham, biggest one in the area, they had one, got it, no problem, and when I went back today, no problem with the PA.... So I did more shopping there, and I'll probably never go to the Northway Mall Target again, so long as I have a choice... :-)

Well, I can't vote a second time, but my sister got her price adjustment as well. Same store, a few hours later, and a different clerk told her they don't do PAs on BF. She whipped out the email (mine, I forwarded it to her) and she got her money back. I sure hope they don't change the policy next year.

No problem here even though I had purchased my items at a different Target. Went up to the service desk and showed her my 2 receipts. They just asked what I had purchased and credited it back to me. Even offered to credit back $ on the printer I had purchased about 2 weeks prior but I didn't have my receipt for that. (Didn't know it was coming on sale:( )

They were really nice. In fact went and spent more $ while there.

My experience wasn't bad, but I was afraid that I was going to have to get firm with them!

The girl at customer service said they didn't PA on BF, but I told her I had asked specifically when I was there last week buying the items and was told unequivocally that I could PA.

She told me that they hadn't allowed them to PA all morning, but called one of the managers over. I told the manager I had specifically asked about PA and was told yes, but she still acted like she was going to tell me no until I told her that corporate had said yes to PA even on Black Friday, then she told the girl to go ahead and do it. The manager didn't seem really pleased, but she wasn't unkind, so no problems, really. I got $25 back on a gift card that I had used, another $30+ on my debit card.

I got the line about corporate sending the word down that there were no price adjustments for the 2 days sale - then I whipped out my email response from target guest relations - black and white stating price adjustments would be done for purchases bought prior to the two day sale - Thanks for the tips saved me $140

Well this is the first year we have had a problem with Target. :( We bought the movie 300 on Wed. for 19 something. Then today when we went in for the price adjustment they said that it had already be adjusted. DH argued with the girl that we had never been given an adjustment. She wouldn't budge. Said there wasn't anything she could do that we had already received our adjustment. :mad: He is going back in tomorrow when he has more time to talk to the manager. If that doesn't work I guess he will be calling corporate. I don't know how we would prove it, but $14 is worth the fight.

No problems at all, I am so glad I picked up HM dolls, Wii games on Wednesday because the time I got to Target was late and they were all gone with the stuff I bought. Got the credit fine about $70.00. One thing was when I bought the new Monolopy game and used the $5.00 coupon and the total was $24.99 w/ coupon. Normally $29.99. I was only credit back $5.00 - I think it should have been $10.00 as they used the coupon price for the adjustment. I didn't argue it though.

no problems here. went to CS , told them what I needed. teenager working said as long as you didnt get it today we can do the PA. I stated nicely if I had bought it today I wouldnt need the PA, seemed to puzzle him a bit :D. scanned my receipt & gave me 143.xx back. I hope they keep this policy in effect, as it will make me do alot more shopping at Target vs Walmart

Price adjustment did not work for me, because the 2 stores I tried on Wednesday did not put out any stock of the 10" Audiovox portable dvd player. I tried in Mooresville and Hickory, NC stores, and scoured the electronic department and nearby endcaps, but none of the players were around. They had tons of the other BF stuff like the Crosley 4-in-one player, etc. up on top shelves. When I finally asked the clerks, they claimed ignorance of course. I had seen 3 of these players locked in a cabinet in the Roanoke, VA store last week and figured that I could get them at one of the NC stores during my Thanksgiving trip. It sounds like they must have had very limited supplies of these players. Can anyone verify? Thanks.

They didn't put out the 10" DVD players here until Wednesday. I grabbed a couple and got my price adjustment just fine. I ended up at a Target on BF at 8 a.m. and they just had tons and tons of those players, but they were flying off the shelf. It's an incredible price for a 10" screen! They didn't have any of the Nintendo bundles out early though. I guess they were gone in minutes. They wouldn't price match my board games either. I guess it said in the ad "no price matches on the games." No big deal though cause they had them stacked to the ceiling, so I just rebought and will return the others.

Well this is the first year we have had a problem with Target. :( We bought the movie 300 on Wed. for 19 something. Then today when we went in for the price adjustment they said that it had already be adjusted. DH argued with the girl that we had never been given an adjustment. She wouldn't budge. Said there wasn't anything she could do that we had already received our adjustment. :mad: He is going back in tomorrow when he has more time to talk to the manager. If that doesn't work I guess he will be calling corporate. I don't know how we would prove it, but $14 is worth the fight.

Once you get an adjustment they staple a receipt on your receipt stating the adjustment was done. If your receipt has no holes in it, then how could you have got your adjustment? Try talking about that to the manager. Moreover, if you are really mad about this, call the district manager.

Everyone else, I'm glad you got the adjustment.

I received the PA with no problem on the Olevia 37"! :)

Regarding the portable dvd players in NC - is it possible that store didn't end up selling that particular dvd player? Our ad here in middle TN was different than the scan here on GottaDeal. I'm thinking there must have been some regional changes, as ours advertised and carried a 6.2" portable dvd player for $54 on Friday. The 10" players never showed up here. For this reason I opted for the 8" player at Walmart instead. Darn! I was hoping to totally boycott WM yesterday, but I wanted that bigger screen. :o

I got the line about corporate sending the word down that there were no price adjustments for the 2 days sale - then I whipped out my email response from target guest relations - black and white stating price adjustments would be done for purchases bought prior to the two day sale - Thanks for the tips saved me $140

:sidesplit:sidesplit:g_thumble

I loved reading from your post, "then I whipped out my email" ROFL!!! I wish I would have seen the face on that CS person. Great going!!

I had picked up some games from the toy dept about a week before BF. Took in the receipt and was given a full credit for the price difference. No questions, no problems, and even a Thank you. I am happy with my Sears experience on BF. TRU is way down the list, but my overall top retail experience has got to be hands down................TARGET.

It went beautifully! I hope they don't change the policy, because I will definitely do this again next year! As I was standing in line for my PA, another girl was doing one in front of me, so I knew I wouldn't have any problems. We both ended up with different CS reps and had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever! I pointed out everything that should get a PA, the CS ran it all through the computer and said "Wow!" and smiled and laughed when she saw that I was getting over $225 back! She said that was definitely worth it! I LOVE MY TARGET!!!!!! Was even back in there today to pick up a few other things! :)

Guest caminitorinaldo

got my adjustment.

something kind of weird.

i paid 100 in cash and 14.00 on a CC.

i got back about 25 bucks (2 items) and they wanted to give me only 9 in cash and the rest back on my visa.

which i thought was odd (OR they could have given me all the amount on a gift card)

anyway

i took the cash and let them put the rest back on my visa~

guess they don't want to give out cash???

Just want to throw out this suggestion. I'm getting ready to email Target about my good experience, how much I appreciate being able to PA, and how that policy led to them getting the largest chunk of my BF shopping. If we want this policy to continue, I think corporate needs to know how we feel. People usually only contact corporate to complain. I think we need to get as many people as possible to make sure Target knows this PA policy gives them an advantage over other stores.

Guest caminitorinaldo

Just want to throw out this suggestion. I'm getting ready to email Target about my good experience, how much I appreciate being able to PA, and how that policy led to them getting the largest chunk of my BF shopping. If we want this policy to continue, I think corporate needs to know how we feel. People usually only contact corporate to complain. I think we need to get as many people as possible to make sure Target knows this PA policy gives them an advantage over other stores.

good idea.

i will email them about this and the AMOUNT of items they have in stock (encourage them to continue to get a lot, so we don't HAVE to fight for items).

good idea.

i will email them about this and the AMOUNT of items they have in stock (encourage them to continue to get a lot, so we don't HAVE to fight for items).

I already did this for target.com as I got a 225.98 PA for two of the 22" LCDs! Thanks Target, no waiting in cold lines:yuck: