Ever been a victim of a shopping robbery on BF??

Scanner420

Last year we stood in line at Wal-Mart to get gameboys. We needed 4 of them. So my sister, mom, brother and I were all in line. You get to know the people around you pretty quick. Anyways, this guy decided to just walk up through the line when they started handing out all the electronics. Unfortunaetly for him, I am hispanic, loud and I was tired. So I made a scene. I started yelling who was next in line and making sure all those people I waited with didn't get s*rewed. If he would have touched my cart things would have gotten ugly fast..lol!

when i was a kid my neighbors across the street was keep their christmas gifts in the basement and someone robbed everything. they had 4 young boys and had to go out christmas eve to buy some toys just so there would be something under the tree. i've heard of people takingthings out of the carts but i never saw it for my self.

It was a few years ago at Walmart. They had a 1gb MP3 player for $99 but the store only had three of them. I got the last one. A lady was way back in line, maybe 40th person and she had wanted one for her daughter. I stopped to tell her that they didn't have anymore (just trying to be nice so she didn't waste her time because she made it known that was the only thing she had wanted). Well she goes ballistic and I hurry out of that area. I went over by my girlfriend that was inline for a digital camera. As I'm telling her about the crazy lady wanting the MP3, she gets out of line and grabs somebody's arm. I turn and look and it was the crazy lady trying to reach in the cart to grab the MP3 player. She held on while an onlooker went to get an employee and the lady was removed from the store. In the mean time, the line for the digital camera started moving and the gentleman that was behind my friend picked up the camera that she had wanted and brought it over to her.

I don't use carts on BF. They just slow me down. I always go shopping with enough people so there are enough arms to carry everything. Nothing like that has happened to me and God help the fool who does try to take something out of my hands.

My bestfriend's little sister had an encounter several years ago. She went to WM to get a kids bike and got the last one. As she is walking up to the check out lines with the bike and older lady tried to take it from her. Words and threats flew back and forth. Needless to say my bestfriend's sister left with the bike.

At my BB this girl kept on flirting with everyone so that she can get one of the laptop tickets, then she was arguing with me that she needs the laptop more then me. She like im going to law school what r u doing with your life? and i told her i go to medic school lol. oh yeah and i was lucky enough to get two of the laptops, one toshiba and the other hp, so she came up to me had the nerve to ask me what i was doing with two laptops.

i would've told her the 2nd one would be used to knock her out.

My sis got her purse stolen at Kmart on Thanksgiving day. Eight hundred bucks cash, the dummy. Then the thiefs, had the nerve to call her and say they found the purse in the street and she could come pick it up at some random place in DC. My sis said for them to take it to the nearest police station, it never showed up!

Guest pattikay

My sister and me went into circuit city and they gave her a coupon then this lady grabbed it and said thats mine and ran into the store, the man closed his window.

we could not find her in the store not cash but it made us tired girls angry.:tongue1:

Kinda the opposite here. Years ago my wife and sister went shopping together in my sister's car. My wife had filled a cart and paid for everything before my sister was done shopping, so she got the keys from my sister and unloaded everything into the trunk of the car then went back in to help. When they had finally finished and got back to the car, my wife realized she hadn't put her treasures into my sister's car at all. It was an identical model and color car that had been parked nearby. So much for unique keys! My wife robbed herself and played secret Santa with some strangers. I just wish I could have seen the reaction on their faces when they found the stuff magically deposited into the locked trunk of their car!

Thats horrible but funny to. I'm glad to hear that. You can never have to much knowledge.

Not robbery per se, but last year I was first in line to get an Mp3 player. The line was pretty long and this couple walked up to the counter and stood to my left. When the sale started I was very vocal to the salesperson about being first in line and the line had formed to my right.

My hubby and I saw this happen, thank goodness my hubby is a "good guy". At WM, a few years ago, a guy and his wife got, what looked like the last, of the great TVs. The guy had his wife sit on the box while he went to get a cart big enough. A sales guy said, while we were looking at other TVs, that they had more of the big deals in back and he would bring them out. While we were waiting, another guy came up, picked the lady up and threw her like a toy. When he went to grab the TV, my hubby stepped in and "detained" the guy for security. I think that the jerk was lucky my hubby got him before the lady's hubby did.

Kinda the opposite here. Years ago my wife and sister went shopping together in my sister's car. My wife had filled a cart and paid for everything before my sister was done shopping, so she got the keys from my sister and unloaded everything into the trunk of the car then went back in to help. When they had finally finished and got back to the car, my wife realized she hadn't put her treasures into my sister's car at all. It was an identical model and color car that had been parked nearby. So much for unique keys! My wife robbed herself and played secret Santa with some strangers. I just wish I could have seen the reaction on their faces when they found the stuff magically deposited into the locked trunk of their car!

OH MY!

My hubby and I saw this happen, thank goodness my hubby is a "good guy". At WM, a few years ago, a guy and his wife got, what looked like the last, of the great TVs. The guy had his wife sit on the box while he went to get a cart big enough. A sales guy said, while we were looking at other TVs, that they had more of the big deals in back and he would bring them out. While we were waiting, another guy came up, picked the lady up and threw her like a toy. When he went to grab the TV, my hubby stepped in and "detained" the guy for security. I think that the jerk was lucky my hubby got him before the lady's hubby did.

Oh my goodness! Was she hurt really bad?

I haven't had it happen to me but I saw this lady take a toy out of a toddler's hands and say "I wanted that." I think it was his grandma that was with him and she was just stunned. I said "You've got to be kidding me" and jerked it back out of the ladies hand and handed it back to the boy. She looked like she was going to start something with me, but I must have looked pretty PO'd cuz she just turned around and left. Grandma just looked at me and siad, "I can't believe she did that. I'm glad you were here cuz I was too stunned to do anything."

Of course, then there was my hubby's one and only bf foray when some lady rammed him with her cart because apparently he wasn't allowed to be in her aisle or something. He picked her cart up and flipped it. When he told me about it I asked if he thought he overreacted a bit and he pulled up his shirt and showed me the huge bruise on his side. People are crazy.

Well I saw this happen last year. I was at Kohls at the Jewelry counter waiting for my number to be called. I stood directly in front of the display where the product was that I wanted so that no one else would buy it first. Good thing I did, the girl who was a few numbers before me was finally called (we had waited about an hour) and she told the employee which display case it was in. Well someone else had already bought her item. She was so mad. Not really stealing, but kinda the same thing. especially after waiting an hour.

I know I paniced every time she opened up the display case where my purchase was. I got both of mine, so I was happy.

after reading all of these, have you noticed that it's a lot of elderly people doing the theiving?!

Well I saw this happen last year. I was at Kohls at the Jewelry counter waiting for my number to be called. I stood directly in front of the display where the product was that I wanted so that no one else would buy it first. Good thing I did, the girl who was a few numbers before me was finally called (we had waited about an hour) and she told the employee which display case it was in. Well someone else had already bought her item. She was so mad. Not really stealing, but kinda the same thing. especially after waiting an hour.

I know I paniced every time she opened up the display case where my purchase was. I got both of mine, so I was happy.

after reading all of these, have you noticed that it's a lot of elderly people doing the theiving?!

How is that even close to "stealing"?? :confused:

I haven't had it happen to me but I saw this lady take a toy out of a toddler's hands and say "I wanted that." I think it was his grandma that was with him and she was just stunned. I said "You've got to be kidding me" and jerked it back out of the ladies hand and handed it back to the boy. She looked like she was going to start something with me, but I must have looked pretty PO'd cuz she just turned around and left. Grandma just looked at me and siad, "I can't believe she did that. I'm glad you were here cuz I was too stunned to do anything."

First, go you!!

Second, if someone took something away from one of my little girls, she would have left the place with a broken hand.God help the person who f*cks with my children.

Third, I have never gone out on BF before and have been doing some research here. Gotta say, I'm a bit intimidated now (between here and the vids on Youtube showing BF chaos). My brother is a big BF guy, maybe I should go with him.

Concertina wire along the top of the shopping buggy discourages those with ulterior motives.

If they keep the buggies outside and you have a few hours to kill waiting for the doors to open, a couple of Deep-Cycle batteries in the bottom rack, and some electric cattle fence wire strung around the outside edge of the cart does wonders for getting unruly shoppers (who are trying to beat you to YOUR BARGAINS) out of the way... "excuse me, EXCUSE ME, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT Comin Thru!!!!" :gdangel:

• 2 weeks later...

My sister is a 911 dispatcher. I asked her if there were any interesting calls today that involved "black friday". She said they had to send the police to K Mart because they didn't have one of their advertised door busters and there was an angry mob! lol

I guess it can be scary to be an employee on black friday as well!