Official Non-Woot "Deal-a-Day" Sites Deal & Discussion Thread

Brad

Thanks for the info. After doing some internet searching for other reviews, I am soooo on the fence about this one. My 11yr old DD keeps saying that she wants an "Ipod" for Christmas. I guess that I'll wait and hope for some killer deal on one closer to Christmas.

Don't give up hope, usually Apple runs specials on ipods that are refurbished and they are awesome deals. Last year you could get the ipod shuffle for $29. Keep yours eyes peeled on this site and someone will let you know ;) Last year they did it early in the morning around 6 am and they would sell out before 10 am.

when will this end

:confused:

Its not really a sale, its a woot off, they have a certain number and when they are gone, they are gone. They may bring in something else but its like a big clearing house or something like that, they get refurbs or lots of items and puts them up for sale until they are gone. It can sell out quickly or go on for awhile

Its not really a sale, its a woot off, they have a certain number and when they are gone, they are gone. They may bring in something else but its like a big clearing house or something like that, they get refurbs or lots of items and puts them up for sale until they are gone. It can sell out quickly or go on for awhile

this is not the normal woot , this is the VIP section, its hard to find thats why this is still going on, notice the the regular woot has a different item.

this is not the normal woot , this is the VIP section, its hard to find thats why this is still going on, notice the the regular woot has a different item.

True, except I have seen it advertised on at least three deal sites with many people stating they are at least buying one, I just wonder how many of these units they have?:fluffy: Maybe not a good sign if there are so many refurb units???

< It's really easy to sync., and it charges while you're doing that. My dh does most of the stuff like any updates or sync stuff. >

Thanks for the info! One question though. Please excuse my lack of knowledge. What does this mean? The sync. thing? Does this require being hooked to the pc to charge? Is there a way to charge it using the wall outlet?

Any extra accessories that would be helpful?

Thanks so much!

Actually, there is a wall charger, but you have to buy it separately. We do both--computer and wall charging.

We love Zunes here. My husband got one when they first came out, and he has absolutely loves it. He is a previous iPod user, and much prefers the Zune. My DD will get one for her 16th BD next week, and that's all she's talking about (besides wanting a car, of course!). We got it from Woot the first time in August. My 11 yo DS will get one of these black ones for Christmas.

As far as for buying an older one, you can update it to have almost all the features of the newer ones, so you won't be missing out. I think really the only thing that won't be updated is the file types for movies. One neat new thing is that they will now sync with your Media Center recordings.

The new ones will be 80GB, so those are huge! They will be $249, like they were before. They are also coming out with Flash versions, that are kinda like the shuffle, but have a screen and also play video. Those are 4 MB and 8MB, and will cost $149/$199. So this Woot deal is really a good deal.

One last thing, is they have a really nice subscription service. The software can be installed on 3 computers, and have separate playlists. The kids are already loving that!

HTH someone!

• 2 weeks later...

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/RCA_Dual_Format_DVD_Recorder_w__DivX,_HDMI_and_HD_Upconversiongj9Standard.jpg

If you're looking for a cheap way to record your favorite TV shows this fall, you might want to check out the RCA Dual Format DVD Recorder w/ DivX, HDMI and HD Upconversion.

http://www.woot.com

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME?

Tuesday October 23rd, ThingFling is celebrating One Year Online !!

That's right ThingFling is ONE year old and we would like to thank all our customers and members for the support, trust and loyalty.

To celebrate this special day we will have a very special Almost Mystery Box.

What's the guarantee?

You will receive a $3.00 coupon* and 3 items on your box.

This is outrageous! You are actually making money with ThingFling.

We are giving you more than $3.00 worth of products, we pay your shipping and on top of that we are giving you $3.00 to spend on a future order.

The Almost Mystery Box is limited to one per customer (additional orders will be canceled and refunded without previous notice)

Now is the time to tell all your friends, neighbors, family and even strangers on the street.

Come and join us on this special day. Happy Birthday ThingFling!

WWW.THINGFLING.COM