*** 2007 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

To my Secret Santa...

I wanted to post an update on what has become of my gifts. The soaps are being used - one in the downstairs bathroom (green matches perfectly) and one in the kitchen. They smell great and everyone loves them. I used the perfumes a couple times (nice!) and left them in the box near the tree. Well, today hubby comes downstairs to our room with the box and he took the perfumes out. I wondered what the heck he was doing. I had bought him a little gift that I won't disclose in this thread, but some who read the other forums may know by the clue "colossal collection". He used the box to store this particular special gift and put my perfumes on my dresser, lol.

Meanwhile, we had been trying to think of a name for our Rock Band band. We went through some ideas over the past few days, but nothing seemed right. We wanted something special to us but nothing that would be too obvious to people we know (or our kids!) and today we found a name. We decided on "The Victoria Box".

I don't know who you are so I wonder what your reaction will be, but it might be either :D or :tongue1: or :rolleyes: or :eek: or :no:. LOL. Either way, we love it and we were inspired by my Secret Santa gift. :)

To my Ornament Exchange person - I love my ornament and when I FINALLY decorated my tree yesterday, my new ornament stayed near the top of the tree where I put all of my special ornaments. :)

Thank you both!!!

OK I'm already looking forward to the 2008 Exchange. Getting ideas for cards as I didn't sign up for that this year. Should be ready to go just as soon as Eve gives the signal. Oh yeah, I will be on the ornament exchange again. I love the ones I received this year and they look so pretty on my tree.

ok so almost everyone should have all their stuff...... please pm me if you don't or have questions.

it's close enough here is

the list

ornament exchange

• vicloo Sent to Shopping Mom
  • Shopping Mom Sent to wyntyrose
  • bella_4624_19 Sent to ddfoster1959
  • aintstupid Did not Sent to becca0884
  • ]ddfoster1959 Sent to hockeyfanamo
  • likewhoa Sent to laffnatu
  • Kayakmom Sent to likewhoa
  • AndreaInNC Sent to bethanykay6
  • gr8girls Sent to justjessie99
  • krstee Sent to Kandy
  • hwolf6330 Sent to ajdana726
  • magickallight Sent to pastasalad
  • christib327 Sent to drmy91
  • PeachieKeen Sent to Swampbaby
  • bethanykay6 Sent to CyntharianM
  • caitlinn Sent to eve'smom
  • myervin2001 Sent to mcapel4444
  • nikkilugi Sent to tlock1945
  • sherril Sent to sadmom5
  • hockeyfanamo Sent to mtallen
  • Jennifer0530 Sent to kselzer
  • mtallen Did not Sent to mychza
  • zoemariesmamma Sent to AndreaInNC
  • Christy Garner Sent to DramaQueenLucy
  • dgagnon Sent to guilliam
  • jarerice Sent to myervin2001
  • amyers12345 Sent to vicloo
  • MandaJo111 Sent to sherril
  • kamandjaw Sent to lovebears65
  • pastasalad Sent to bella_4624_19
  • pogiporkchop Sent to siageah
  • Swampbaby Sent to eve
  • Kandy Sent to auntsister
  • DramaQueenLucy Sent to jarerice
  • wyntyrose Sent to sunni0913
  • justjessie99 Sent to Kayakmom
  • Illinoismom Sent to krstee
  • SHELL35 Did not Sent to MandaJo111
  • eve Sent to hwolf6330
  • madi5 Sent to PeachieKeen
  • siageah Sent to kamandjaw
mcapel4444 Sent to mahalia52

• tlock1945 Sent to madi5
  • auntsister Sent to caitlinn
  • Grassy Sent to pastasalad
  • lovebears65 Sent to lvnlakers78
  • eve'smom Sent to pogiporkchop
  • drmy91 Sent to Illinoismom
  • BFQueenofNY Sent to ddfoster1959
  • citrixguy Sent to aintstupid
  • becca0884 Sent to Christy Garner
  • ann129 Sent to ang625
  • kselzer Sent to ann129
  • guilliam Sent to Jennifer0530
  • CyntharianM Sent to gr8girls
  • laffnatu Sent to magickallight
  • ang625 Sent to BFQueenofNY
  • sunni0913 Sent to zoemariesmamma
  • mychza Sent to amyers12345
  • sadmom5 Sent to Grassy
  • bayhaysay Sent to christib327
  • Lvnlakers78 Sent to nikkilugi
  • ajdana726 Sent to bayhaysay
  • mahalia52 Sent to dgagnon
Secret Santa

ajdana726 Sent to aerosmithgirl

• aintstupid Did not Sent to alimfp
  • amyers12345
Sent to bella_4624_19

• ann129
Sent to jeninpa

• aerosmithgirl Sent to abentley
  • alimfp
Sent to bayhaysay

• abentley Sent to bethanykay6
  • bayhaysay Sent to caitlinn
  • bethanykay6 Sent to christib327
  • bella_4624_19 Sent to bugsette
  • bugsette Sent to Christy Garner
  • Christy Garner Sent to citrixguy
  • caitlinn Sent to CyntharianM
  • christib327 Sent to dmmiller
  • citrixguy Sent to CocoaDiva43
  • CyntharianM Sent to drmy91
  • CocoaDiva43 Sent to droolbug2
  • dgagnon Sent to gr8girls
  • droolbug2 Did not Sent to DramaQueenLucy
  • dmmiller Sent to hwolf6330
  • drmy91 Sent to guilliam
  • DramaQueenLucy Sent to Fishboysmom
  • eve Sent to likewhoa
  • eve'smom Sent to dgagnon
  • Fishboysmom Sent to Grassy
  • gr8girls
Sent to Illinoismom

• Grassy Sent to Jen198
  • guilliam Sent to jazzy442
  • hwolf6330
Sent to Kayakmom

• Illinoismom Sent to kselzer
  • Jen198 Sent to jarerice
  • jazzy442 Sent to myervin2001
  • jarerice Sent to kamandjaw
  • Kayakmom Sent to laffnatu
  • kselzer Sent to lilquiet
  • kamandjaw Sent to lvnlakers78
  • Kandy Sent to magickallight
  • likewhoa Sent to madi5
  • laffnatu Sent to nikkilugi
  • lilquiet Sent to pastasalad
  • lvnlakers78 Sent to PeachieKeen
  • mtallen Did not Sent to eve
  • magickallight Sent to pogiporkchop
  • myervin2001 Sent to mychza
  • MandaJo111 Sent to eve'smom
  • mychza Sent to mcapel4444
  • mcapel4444 Sent to noehlp
  • madi5 Sent to peekaboo
  • nikkilugi Sent to ryka
  • noehlp Sent to sherril
  • pastasalad Sent to sunni0913
  • PeachieKeen Sent to tori_deathangel
  • pogiporkchop Sent to zoemariesmamma
  • peekaboo Sent to ajdana726
  • ryka Sent to Kandy
  • sherril Sent to SHELL35
  • SHELL35 Did not Sent to sadmom5
  • Shopping Mom Sent to ann129
  • sadmom5 Sent to Shopping Mom
  • sunni0913 Sent to aintstupid
  • tori_deathangel Sent to amyers12345
  • vicloo
Sent to wyntyrose

• wyntyrose Sent to mtallen
  • zoemariesmamma Sent to MandaJo111
  • jeninpa
  • Sent to vicloo

alimfp (elf) :holiday10 sent ss to eve

harrispizza4(elf) :holiday10 sent ss to DramaQueenLucy

heatherkw(Elf) :holiday10 sent ornament to MandaJo111

Swampbaby(elf) :holiday10 sent ornament to Kandy

mrn8(elf) :holiday10 sent ss to alimfp

Zoemariesmamma(elf) :holiday10 sent ss to sadmom5

Eve(elf) :holiday10 sent ornament to mychza

Bugsette(elf) :holiday10 sent ornament to becca0884

i'm tired and going to bed, 'night all,

OMG, I had a feeling my elf was Nate (from the senders name and location, haha) but then I kept thinking, "No, he's not participating.. I don't remember seeing him post on this thread" LOL!

Thank you, Nate!!! I am starting in on the book later this week. :D

Again, Eve, thank you so so much. You did a heckuva job with everything this year. :)

Eve, thanks so very much for all the hard work you've put into this 2007 Christmas Exchange. I know it's made me feel very special and I'm really looking forward to next year.

Hopefully, those who did not follow through will not be allowed to join in next year. You know, once burned, twice shy.

I have been off for a few days since DH left to go back to Iraq :( and exciting news as well -- that will be in a new thread. ;)

i got TWO beautiful personalized ornaments from my secret elf. And the timing could not have been better. I took DH to the airport on the 20th. When I got home I checked the mail. Since we are on post we have little locking boxes and if there is a package there will be a key to the larger box. And lo and behold there was a key. I always feel like a kid on a scavenger hunt when there is a key lol.

I opened the box right there at the mailbox. The first ornament I opened was an American flag that said "God Bless SGT Nuckoles" :) Awe that one made me cry. A good cry mind you, it was so sweet. So then I realized there was a second one in the box. I opened it and it was a gorgeous frosted glass cross with God Bless the Nuckoles Family engraved on it. They are so beautiful. They look great on the tree. I took close up pics of them on the tree and sent to DH. He just made it back to Iraq today so he should see them soon.

Thank you so much. :) It was so thoughtful.

For those of you who are not happy about having to have an elf. Let me just say that I feel even more special getting an elf because I got someone that did something purely from their hearts, not because they were getting anything in return. Had my husband not been heading back right through all of this I would have gladly volunteered to be an elf. And trust me I will be next year.

Thanks for posting the list Eve. I just wanted to say I had fun being an elf. I was VERY excited when she gave me my name b/c I pray for them all the time since she posted she pics of DH leaving. I imagine MandaJo knows it was me since I had to do a direct ship b/c it was so late already. I am glad I didn't get the one that had ALL their names on it since she is preggo. I was wondering if they would have more and thats why I didn't do one like that. Good thing:tongue1: I did want to do something special for DH since he is serving his country and his family is taking such good care of him so he can do his duty! Anyway I had fun and maybe next year I will remember to read the holiday thread a little earlier and sign up to join in time!

link i just opened my box

my elf, alimfp, sent me this cool essential burner, it came with lavender oil and candle so im all set for a relaxing evening one of these nights;)

i told her she didn't have to get me anything, and this is really neat

thanks;):gdhug1::gdhug1:

i hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas,Happy Holiday

To my Secret Santa...

I wanted to post an update on what has become of my gifts. The soaps are being used - one in the downstairs bathroom (green matches perfectly) and one in the kitchen. They smell great and everyone loves them. I used the perfumes a couple times (nice!) and left them in the box near the tree. Well, today hubby comes downstairs to our room with the box and he took the perfumes out. I wondered what the heck he was doing. I had bought him a little gift that I won't disclose in this thread, but some who read the other forums may know by the clue "colossal collection". He used the box to store this particular special gift and put my perfumes on my dresser, lol.

Meanwhile, we had been trying to think of a name for our Rock Band band. We went through some ideas over the past few days, but nothing seemed right. We wanted something special to us but nothing that would be too obvious to people we know (or our kids!) and today we found a name. We decided on "The Victoria Box".

I don't know who you are so I wonder what your reaction will be, but it might be either :D or :tongue1: or :rolleyes: or :eek: or :no:. LOL. Either way, we love it and we were inspired by my Secret Santa gift. :)

To my Ornament Exchange person - I love my ornament and when I FINALLY decorated my tree yesterday, my new ornament stayed near the top of the tree where I put all of my special ornaments. :)

Thank you both!!!

Okay, Now that you know who your SS is, I can comment. It was killing me not to say anything sooner. I am so glad you like everything. As far as the use for the box, that is a good idea. Very discreet and it can be tied shut :D

eve you did a great job thanks so much for all that you did!!

I want to thank my ornament person Christy Garner...yay I finally know who you are the Christmas tree is beautiful and how I love the Charlie Brown tree and book that you sent along with it that was above and beyond I thank you!

I send my elf, harrispizza4, a special thanks you ran out last minute so I could get a SS and in the small amount of time that you had you still made it so special. The boys and the dogs loved their treats very much.

Merry Christmas

Thanks for posting the list Eve. I just wanted to say I had fun being an elf. I was VERY excited when she gave me my name b/c I pray for them all the time since she posted she pics of DH leaving. I imagine MandaJo knows it was me since I had to do a direct ship b/c it was so late already. I am glad I didn't get the one that had ALL their names on it since she is preggo. I was wondering if they would have more and thats why I didn't do one like that. Good thing:tongue1: I did want to do something special for DH since he is serving his country and his family is taking such good care of him so he can do his duty! Anyway I had fun and maybe next year I will remember to read the holiday thread a little earlier and sign up to join in time!

You know I did not know it was from you. Your name was no where on the package. It came direct from the company. They were in the nicest little velvet bags too. :) I feel extra special to have had you as my elf. Who knows maybe I will get you next year for secret Santa ;) Thank you again :)

Oh and as far as having more kids. Yeah DH wanted 16 when we got married. I have talked him down to 3 or 4 and we can foster and/or adopt later on down the road. lol I still can't believe I am actually preggo. :)

zoemariesmamma -- You did so great with the gifts. :) I am still being a good girl and have not opened my birthday present or card yet. :) Thank you so much for all of the thoughtful gifts. You put a lot of time and thought into the.

Okay, I have got to have the oddest SS,lol, it says they are a new member who joined 11-4-07 with 1 post!!! "Ann129" I was so excited to thank my SS so if this is actually my SS thank you soooo much but I don't know how exactly this could be,lol.

Now I feel like a detective,ROFL, my SS's ONLY post is that they recieved their gift although the list shows nobody even had them. This will bug me until the mystery is solved.....especially since I LOVED my gift and want to know who to thank,lol.

Okay, I have got to have the oddest SS,lol, it says they are a new member who joined 11-4-07 with 1 post!!! "Ann129" I was so excited to thank my SS so if this is actually my SS thank you soooo much but I don't know how exactly this could be,lol.

Now I feel like a detective,ROFL, my SS's ONLY post is that they recieved their gift although the list shows nobody even had them. This will bug me until the mystery is solved.....especially since I LOVED my gift and want to know who to thank,lol.

I bought Ann129 her ornament. I figured eve knew what she was doing since Ann129's address matched another member's address (I was worried when I first got the name too and did some detective work :cool: ). But it was hard not having posts to go look through to get an idea of the type of things they liked and such, but the "likes" list was helpful.

Okay, Now that you know who your SS is, I can comment. It was killing me not to say anything sooner. I am so glad you like everything. As far as the use for the box, that is a good idea. Very discreet and it can be tied shut :D

Hehe, yep, nothing went to waste! Thank you again. :)

Thanks Illinoismom for my SS gift - you are awesome :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS all! I had a great time participating this year.

I am so happy uou liked the Items, You were not as easy as the mooses last year, But I am thrilled you liked them,

I want to thank my SS and Ornament people they were great and I loved it all.

Eve as always this is amazing and you never took me up on elf duty this year, But thats okay. You do an amazing job with this, I am a memeber of another forum, non deals, and I joined their ss and I never recieved nor diod who I send for ever stated they liked it hated it or anything. So next year it will be this one only,.

I bought Ann129 her ornament. I figured eve knew what she was doing since Ann129's address matched another member's address (I was worried when I first got the name too and did some detective work :cool: ). But it was hard not having posts to go look through to get an idea of the type of things they liked and such, but the "likes" list was helpful.

Ann129 and eve'smom have been both casual watchers here for almost as long as i've been a member,lol, they wanted in on the fun so i said they had to actually join, i knew they would hold up their end so i didn't think anyone would mind;)

it's really cute my mom really has no idea how to post or pm or anything but she has had so much fun learning and talking with everyone. I told her she has to start going to the lounge now, she'll love it.

Eve? Why does it show under ornament exchange that magickallight Sent to magickallight ?

i'll have to look at the list when i go home later this week, sorry:no: i was tired and in a hurry when i wrote it out the other night.

feel free to post who you had if you want.