>>> Official Black Friday TV / HDTV Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

...So I've been looking for strictly a samsung 1080p LCD. I saw the secret sale 40'' w/ installation for $1,199....But dont they already have this item on their site for $1149?

I'm confused by this. so its a deal because you only have to pay 50 bucks for installation?:confused:

someone help me find a 1080P SAMSUNG LCD PLEASEE!! running out of time.

anyone? i cant tell the difference

Help with Circuit City...

I am looking for the 46 inch Aquos, and the CC website says that the one advertised is not in stock at the CC around here??? is this legal? it is in the ad and they don't have any...of course the ad does not have a min. number... but still.

Anyone have any advice on this??

tia

when i went to my local CC on tuesday they had 20 in stock, website now says none, BUT they will special order one for me becuase it's a 2 day sale item

I would hope they will order it for me, but the add does say 'no rainchecks'...any advice on convincing them to let me order it?

yuck , the 40-42 inch tv sales are pretty bad this year , looks like they are trying to unload the 720p models in this range.

Anyone things we might see another sale in the next few weeks with some better models ?

I agree, very disapointed... for me getting a 720p is pointless... one it won't display the 1080i OTA signals properly and won't handle hd-dvd/ps3/blu ray properly... Newegg HAD a 46" 1080p for 999 hyundai, it was gone quick though, such crap!

I'm looking for a smaller TV and all the sales seem to be 42" and above. HHGregg has a Toshiba 32" LCD 1080p TV w/ a built-in DVD player which is nice for $799. Amazon.com has it on sale for $769. Just doesn't seem like a stellar deal when you can buy a 42-50" plasma for about the same price point.

I'm definitely disappointed in the BF sales this year...

Well I'm looking for a Sharp 42" that I cant seem to find in any of the main stores such as CC or BB. I want the Sharp LC42D72U which is a 1080p. Online pricing is roughly 1,500 to 2,000. Has anyone else looked at this model? Whats the best deal you've seen? Finally, what other TV, Sharp or otherwise that IS AVAILABLE at major stores like CC or BB would you suggest as an option over this unit?

Here are the specs to make a comparison. Thanks in advance for any replies.

True 16:9 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels) Advanced Super View panel

10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio

4ms response time (fine motion on)

Backlight system: 4-wavelength

Built-in ATSC/QAM/NTSC tuners

Two 1080p HDMITM and two 1080p HD component terminals

1080p DVI-I input for PC compatibility

176° viewing angles

60,000-hour lamp life

High-gloss black cabinet

ended up going with Best Buys Samsung 40" 1080p LCD for $1149. Not the greatest of deal but exactly what i wanted. so why not. Only thing is now i gotta figure out how to set the damn thing up. last tv i did was a projection.

Is there a cable package that will include everything at best buy? for this samsung 1080p?

I ended up buying the Dynex 37" from BestBuy for $629. Not 100% sure how I like it yet but then again I've not actually seen anything on it in HD yet. I'm thinking later I might hook up the antenna to it or go take my HD Tivo off my tv in the livingroom to see how it is. Sound is VERY different then the 36" Sony Wega I've had in here since 2000.

I tried CC for the Sharp Aquos 1080P but was out of luck as they only had 21 (yeah right!! they had to carry atleast 20 per store) and I was in line only at about 4:00AM.

However, I went to Sears after that here in San Jose and they priced match CC's $1299 and so I ended up buying the LC46D64U for a total of $1290 after tax and stuff. Good deal. I suggest you guys to try out your luck at your Sears as well. All I had to do was to show them the CC newspaper ad, they did not bother calling CC for 'stock' information and price matched me automatically. I did thank them for doing that since it ended up saving me atleast $1200 from original price of $2299+tax and about $550 from the minimum price at Costco (and Costco isn't the 64U actually).

Guys, I seriously suggest you guys take the CC ad (take the printouts from the website if you have run out of the paper ad, like I did) and try this with Sears. For $1299, this HDTV I think is a great deal.