Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Awesome! I have spent soooooo much money in the last few days but what great finds. I have so much stuff for my wedding for the centerpieces/table clothes/etc. Red, black and gold are my colors - how can you pass up this season and not find great thing for a wedding with those colors!

also check Joanne's for great wedding and shower deals. You are smart to save where you can.

Has anyone bought the ornaments in the cylindrical case? Originally $18.88.

Just wondering if they are good ornaments or will they break easily.

I bought these last year. I was worried they would look tacky since they weren't glass but they looked pretty good. :fluffy:

We're going to go tomorrow. I spent a ton of money at 50% off. (I didn't want to take the chance of Target being out of these items if I waited until 75% off.) Now we'll go back and see what we can't live without at 75% (if there is anything left...lol).

Happy New Year!

Anybody know why the glade and renuzit plug-in fragrance refills (the x-mas ones) are not ringing any percentage off this year? I usually hit all my stores and buy them out at 75% off because they don't move them out of the smelly aisle and i get em cheap. This year none of their fragrance refills are ringing up as Christmas. I hit 3 stores in Chicago. Maybe it's just in the city? Anyone? I am very sad about this.

Pretty much picked up all the boxed glass ornaments left at my Target tonight - about 100, in boxes of 4, and one box of 15. I Left a few Gold boxes behind. My cart was so ridiculously piled up, a woman started picking through it thinking it was just stuff for sale.

That sounds like me the other day. I ended up with two shopping carts before it was all done. :fluffy:

Anybody know why the glade and renuzit plug-in fragrance refills (the x-mas ones) are not ringing any percentage off this year? I usually hit all my stores and buy them out at 75% off because they don't move them out of the smelly aisle and i get em cheap. This year none of their fragrance refills are ringing up as Christmas. I hit 3 stores in Chicago. Maybe it's just in the city? Anyone? I am very sad about this.

same at my target- 15-30% off but not like last year at 75% off. Our T also had some nice cake and pie storage containers (looked like tupperware) but those were ringing up regular price. Wonder why they are not included??

I can tell you that in St. Louis, MO the refills weren't ringing up on sale, neither were some of the razor and Olay gift sets that were clearly Christmas (With a "to" and "from" tag on the box). What I did get on the endcaps by the toothpaste and deodorants were the Softsoap 3 pack refills and 2 pack body washes (w/Christmas designs) on sale at 50% off.:)

:DThere was another thread that was closed about 75% off clearance @ target. Some one stated that WPB, FL was @ 75% off. Which store was that??? I use Lake Worth Rd. and also Super Target @ 441 and Lantana. I want to go shopping, so it would be useful to know which one you went to. Thanks so much!

same at my target- 15-30% off but not like last year at 75% off. Our T also had some nice cake and pie storage containers (looked like tupperware) but those were ringing up regular price. Wonder why they are not included??

The sku/item #s (I am not sure what the technical term is) are "in line" with the regular merchandise, so these items are not being discounted. My mom talked to one of the Target employees about these storage containers yesterday.

:DThere was another thread that was closed about 75% off clearance @ target. Some one stated that WPB, FL was @ 75% off. Which store was that??? I use Lake Worth Rd. and also Super Target @ 441 and Lantana. I want to go shopping, so it would be useful to know which one you went to. Thanks so much!

That was about Christmas Clearance and that was me.... I went to RPB and my mom went to Lake Worth I believe

One of our stores put out a TON of Glad paperplates & the Insulair coffee cups with lids (I have been scouring my stores for these without success until today!). My other close store was putting out a ton of the toys from Mini-seasonal: more of the travel games (Battleship, Sorry, etc.), the Littlest Pet Shop tubes, Weebles tubes, etc.

Also, be sure to check the regular soap aisle for the large Softsoap refills of the clear soap. The Christmas clearance ones have Happy Holidays on them with some snowflakes and say extra 25% or something like that. I have found more than a dozen of them in the regular aisles. Since I already got mine, I took them to some of the cashiers I know. They really appreciate it when customers do that.

The Olathe Super Target went 75% today and employees were bringing out more stuff from the backroom and unboxing it to stock on the shelves. It was pretty crowded in that section but I did remember to pick up some things I forgot during my other trip including gift bags and gift tags. I also picked up one of the Meguiars car care kits - my dh doesn't use enough for me to buy more than one box.

Also check the grocery section. I got a nice tray of sprinkle cookies for 75% off from the bakery. It was $1.24 which is a really nice deal. They had lots of different Christmas cookies over there and although the sign says 50% off they rang up 75% off.

I saw a good bit of Christmas dishes (not plastic) left at 75%. Also the chair covers, table runners, table cloth, and cloth napkins.

For the Halloween clearance, they brought stuff out days after it went 75% off and it was good stuff-paper towels & totes. I got 8 totes for $0.99 each!

Last year, when Christmas went 75%, I had 3 buggies overly full on one trip and of course I made more than that trip. Same thing when toys went 75%. It's a good thing the workers know me at my Target so they kept people out of my buggies!

loveto shop....

which stores in your area had the soap and the plates? I sometimes hit up the store on Colorado in Pasadena, does that store have any?? I have to say, I look for your informative posts, you really know how to deal shop!

both our store are on Colorado, but the two story one is the one with the plates. the soap is gone, I think.

The old Fedco store off Madre & CO put out the toys. If forgot to mention that the guy put out loads of those Playdoh bags, too.

I am having the same problem in Wichita (KS). I am bummed about it myself.:no:

This is for Wichita, KS. The store on W. Maple went 75% off today. They still had a lot stuff. I think I will wait on the wrapping paper to go 90%. Somehow I still managed to spend $90. I did p/u some nice gift items for nest year, and some electrical cords for decorating the outside since we enjoy doing that. My 9 year old sonwas with me and did a great job helping by scanning things that were not marked. He wanted a couple of the nutcrackers so we p/u those too.

We went on to the Target at 21st and Maize and it was still 50%, I scanned to be sure.

That surprised me.

both our store are on Colorado, but the two story one is the one with the plates. the soap is gone, I think.

The old Fedco store off Madre & CO put out the toys. If forgot to mention that the guy put out loads of those Playdoh bags, too.

Playdoh bags!!!!!!!!!!!! I so wish I was there right now. I can't find anymore!

Our Target went to 75% today. They had some super winter jammies for kids $3.74, winter pants and shirts $1.24. The candy was ringing up .24. Also an FYI for anyone looking for a tree. They were giving people floor models...for the initial 75% off then take an additional 75% off. One lady got a $349 tree for $22 !!!!!!:eyepoppin

ohh, since i live in Orange County, I had noo idea there were 2 on Colorado! I have only been to the 2 story location on Colorado. Out of the 2 which do u find the best markdowns and holiday deals?

Oh, the one that we refer to as the old Fedco (they took over the location) is better this time around. The 2 story store is usually better, but the other one has more this year. It is the one I overheard a manager referring to 20 pallets in the back on the day it went 75%.

Take the Madre exit off the 210 and go South under the freeway bridge. Turn right onto Colorado at the first light past the freeway and it is a long block down on the right, past Smart & Final. It is pretty big. Christmas (and later Global Bazaar, etc.) is on the wall closest to the street in the middle.

Ok, I am happy just back from shopping etc, started at 8 this morning and the kids (11 and 12) wanted to go, we were going to see Enchanted at 11 but I told them I would come back and pick them up but they went with me and helped. We were the first there and there was about 10 people milling around when we left an hour later with a cart and half full of goodies. Paper plates, Irish spring, comforters, photo ornaments, hand towels, alot of electric timers etc (ours are shot), outdoor mat, some lights, some cute snowman glasses, large outdoor ornaments and some other goodies. Interesting, the brownies mixes etc were not coming up on sale at all so I ask and they pulled all of them. She was telling me if it looks Christmases it should be clearance but if its not, than they will move it out of the clearance items. I tried some other things that had candy canes on them (like gladware type containers) but they weren't on sale either. All and all I am happy and ended the morning with seeing the movie Enchanted!

Okay, this is definitely not the biggest crisis of my life, but the Target forum has been a bit tame, so consider this my contribution to a controversy!

I was shopping one of the aisles today and one of the workers had a cart full of stuff. I politely asked her if this was stuff that she was putting back on the shelf (even though it was kind of obvious cause she was actually in the process of taking stuff out of the cart and putting it on the shelf at the time) but she pleasantly told me "yup, these are put backs!"

I then asked her (politely again) if I could please have the paper towels that were in her cart. Her response, "uhhh, oh, well let me see (obviously unaware that those golden nuggets were, in fact, IN her cart). She says, "These might not be on sale." I saw the penguins and told her that in fact those were the ones I was looking for (again, I was being very nice the whole time). As I was sort of taking them out, she quickly told me that these are actually being held for someone and she took them from me. Uhh, what the heck? Her coworker (who was helping her reshelf) quickly takes them and flees the scene. I wasn't up for a chase so I just shook my head and walked away.

No biggie, but I then found myself slowly getting very angry. Oh crap. Now, this has ruined my shopping trip to one of my favorite stores. So, I have this rant going on in my brain about how I need to tell someone that although I am ALL FOR Target employees shopping while they aren't on duty, I have a bit of a problem with them FIGHTING with the customers for the product that they are selling.

So, now I have to find them and tell them that I think the way they treated me was totally inappropriate. I MUST find someone. So, I finally find them and very calmly unloaded my brain rant onto them. At this point, I didn't even WANT their paper towels.

I think they knew what they did was inappropriate cause they high-tailed it back to wherever they made away with the Bounty and insisted I take them.

"O.K., thanks," I said (very non-emotionally). And I was on my way. (This was my only score on holiday paper towels, so I felt a little like I sort of deserve them.) Although, my point would have probably been made a little better if I had declined to take them, eh?

I don't ever have run-ins with workers like that and I don't have a problem with them shopping along side of me at all. Personally I do think that it's best if they take their name tag off or put a sweater on over their Target uniform, so that it's not so obvious that they are employees who are temporarily taking a break to shop, but then that's just the way that I would do it if I were a store manager.

So, should I have wrestled her to the ground for my paper towels? Should she have had the right to take them??? Inquiring minds want to know!

:gddrama:.)