What If you only could buy one item this Black Friday?

jaymacfla

We are on our 5th one in less than a year (3 different models) - none have worked right - and the parts to fix them are on backorder for up to 2 more years! VERY FRUSTRATING - and over $1,000.00 in lost food!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Were they name brand or one of the 9 million companies putting them out because everyone else was so behind?
  • Like 1

I agree with everything but Orlando. I need to be somewhere exotic but for a 15yo than that will be the world. All of the parks in one week. I am tired just thinking about it

We will not be doing Disney though. Discovery cove has these all inclusive tickets where you can go to bush gardens seaworld and aquatica as many times as you like for 14 consecutive days and includes free parking so we will be taking our time and not rushing.

Edited by vern28
  • Like 1

We will not be doing Disney though. Discovery cove has these all inclusive tickets where you can go to bush gardens seaworld and aquatica as many times as you like for 14 consecutive days and includes free parking so we will be taking our time and not rushing.

I will need to look into that one. That sounds like an amazing deal. 

OK, a one week, all-inclusive houseboat trip. The houseboat would be the Titan that sleeps 22 so my hubby, kids and grandkids could all go on a nice trip together!

Now that is different. A house boat sounds like a private cruise. Does a chef come with it? 

Now that is different. A house boat sounds like a private cruise. Does a chef come with it? 

Heck, if we're asking for dream items, I'd want a crew like on "Below Deck" (which I have never seen a full episode of, just bits and pieces) but the crew cook, clean, plan excursions, etc.

• Like 1

First 3 were GE, 4th was a Frigidaire and 5th is Crosley (NOT a brand we have heard of - but figured we couldn't have even MORE problems) ... WE ARE!!!

What type of problems are you having?

We got an off brand a few years back and had great luck with it. We need another one, we were looking at a Hisense the other day. Figured their TVs have been great maybe the appliances are just as good.

• Like 1

We’re selling our house and downsizing so a house would be my answer! Lol

Oh I like this answer for sure

Wow... I would sell mine especially with the value in the market right now but If I sold I could not find something right away or anything within my budget as my area has gone crazy in home values. 

I would get a new digital piano for our daughter.  She is playing on a keyboard that is 13 years old.  She has really outgrown it and needs something with weighted keys, pedals (her pedal jack doesn't work anymore), and it needs to be full sized.  I know it won't happen for Christmas this year, but hopefully sometime next year we will be able to save up enough to buy it for her.

• Like 1

An upright freezer that actually works!

We are on our 5th one in less than a year (3 different models) - none have worked right - and the parts to fix them are on backorder for up to 2 more years! VERY FRUSTRATING - and over $1,000.00 in lost food!!!!!!!!!!! :(

First 3 were GE, 4th was a Frigidaire and 5th is Crosley (NOT a brand we have heard of - but figured we couldn't have even MORE problems) ... WE ARE!!!

When we bought out home in 1990, we filled it with Hotpoint appliances (GE value line, employee discount, etc.) including an upright freezer.  That was still working when we recycled it about 15 years later.  When we replaced our refrigerator (for cosmetic reasons), I stored it in the basement until I could recycle it.  Then I plugged it in and put seltzer water and beer in the bottom and used the top for 'deals' (Zaycon Fresh) on meats.  Later I added a chest freezer.  That 31 year old refrigerator is starting to rust out a bit, but still keeps things as cold as I like.  The capacity of the two frig top freezers plus the chest is plenty for me.  The chest is not really inconvenient to navigate/rotate if you store your food in milk crates.  I really like spreading our cold foods over two refrigerators too.

Something to think about if you are pondering a new refrigerator or come across a sale on a basic model.

• Like 1

When we bought out home in 1990, we filled it with Hotpoint appliances (GE value line, employee discount, etc.) including an upright freezer.  That was still working when we recycled it about 15 years later.  When we replaced our refrigerator (for cosmetic reasons), I stored it in the basement until I could recycle it.  Then I plugged it in and put seltzer water and beer in the bottom and used the top for 'deals' (Zaycon Fresh) on meats.  Later I added a chest freezer.  That 31 year old refrigerator is starting to rust out a bit, but still keeps things as cold as I like.  The capacity of the two frig top freezers plus the chest is plenty for me.  The chest is not really inconvenient to navigate/rotate if you store your food in milk crates.  I really like spreading our cold foods over two refrigerators too.

Something to think about if you are pondering a new refrigerator or come across a sale on a basic model.

We have a refrigerator in the kitchen and one in the garage, as well as a 40 something year old chest freezer and an upright freezer that actually works. We have been trying for the second upright so that we can put the chest freezer out to pasture - but not having much luck. Hubby and I both have bad backs and the chest freezer is killing us! :(

I think I simply need to stop buying so much food! LOL! ;)

What type of problems are you having?

We got an off brand a few years back and had great luck with it. We need another one, we were looking at a Hisense the other day. Figured their TVs have been great maybe the appliances are just as good.

They don't stay at a constant temperature, repairman said the there is problem in all of them because they can't get what ever part it is from china - so they have been trying to make them in the US and are failing! There is NO estimated time the parts will be in stock. they actually had us scrap a $1500.00 GE freezer because of the problem!

Update, Though... The most recent "Crosley Conservator" seems to now be working (fingers crossed). I have transferred about half the food from the chest freezer into it and we have set an electronic monitor in it to alert us of any temperature fluctuations.

They don't stay at a constant temperature, repairman said the there is problem in all of them because they can't get what ever part it is from china - so they have been trying to make them in the US and are failing! There is NO estimated time the parts will be in stock. they actually had us scrap a $1500.00 GE freezer because of the problem!

Update, Though... The most recent "Crosley Conservator" seems to now be working (fingers crossed). I have transferred about half the food from the chest freezer into it and we have set an electronic monitor in it to alert us of any temperature fluctuations.

Craziness. Hoping there is something that pops up on Black Friday. The freezer part of our fridge is way too small.