GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Happy September, y’all!

First: Welcome back, budgetsRsexy - sorry you’ve had such a stressful time of thing but glad you’ve found your way back here. Always good to see a familiar “face” return after a long absence. Hope to see you back around here more often now that you’re slowly getting re-situated. [emoji4]

My favorite orchard will be open to the public again this season after last year’s absence and opening day is Saturday. Can’t WAIT for those yummy warm fresh orchard donuts! [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been out to Michigan Int’l Speedway for the NASCAR weekend, down to Cedar Point for two straight days of coaster riding, and out to Comerica Park for a Tigers game with one of my best friends who’s just recently moved from FL to IN, putting her close enough to road trip to me for our NASCAR & amusement park fun. She’ll be headed back home Tuesday so we get one more weekend of fun. She’s finally getting to go to the orchard with me Saturday (she’s never visited at the “right” time before) and we’re making a day trip up to Frankenmuth on Sunday. It’s been so great having her here visiting with me. [emoji170]

88c3fb6bb856e3aa31a34e6d4fcf3b3d.jpg

Hope all of my GD fam is well and staying safe and healthy as school starts up again and BF draws nearer. [emoji16][emoji106]

Happy September, y’all!

First: Welcome back, budgetsRsexy - sorry you’ve had such a stressful time of thing but glad you’ve found your way back here. Always good to see a familiar “face” return after a long absence. Hope to see you back around here more often now that you’re slowly getting re-situated. [emoji4]

My favorite orchard will be open to the public again this season after last year’s absence and opening day is Saturday. Can’t WAIT for those yummy warm fresh orchard donuts! [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been out to Michigan Int’l Speedway for the NASCAR weekend, down to Cedar Point for two straight days of coaster riding, and out to Comerica Park for a Tigers game with one of my best friends who’s just recently moved from FL to IN, putting her close enough to road trip to me for our NASCAR & amusement park fun. She’ll be headed back home Tuesday so we get one more weekend of fun. She’s finally getting to go to the orchard with me Saturday (she’s never visited at the “right” time before) and we’re making a day trip up to Frankenmuth on Sunday. It’s been so great having her here visiting with me. [emoji170]

88c3fb6bb856e3aa31a34e6d4fcf3b3d.jpg

Hope all of my GD fam is well and staying safe and healthy as school starts up again and BF draws nearer. [emoji16][emoji106]

• Like 2

Happy September.  Yes, it won't be too long until the Black Friday leaks start...followed by the inevitable articles that point out that Black Friday doesn't exist anymore because this one started their sales two weeks earlier, and that this other one will have deals every week right up until Christmas.  So it will never be the same...and that's OK.  A good deal is a good deal, whether it's for one day, one weekend, online or in-store.  If you have something on your Wish List, know what the price is today and watch for it to go on sale!  I'm looking for a 15.6" laptop with a Ryzen processor with backlit keyboard and a bright display for under $700.  Believe it or not, finding one with a bright-enough display is the hard part!  I need 300 nits on the display, minimum.  Drop me a link here if you see anything.

• Like 1

wooo-HOOO!!!

I just received this text from Krystin Jones, the coordinator for P.ink Washington State. Quoting with her permission.

(please pardon the language)

"Hi I'm happy to let you know you are one of gals receiving a tattoo this year. If you would call me when you have some time to talk so I can go over details and what to expect next. Holy shit congratulations girl!! I look forward to talking with you soon."

P.Ink Day is an annual event, where free decorative tattoos are given to breast cancer survivors/thrivers over their mastectomy and reconstruction scars.

Thats awesome!

• Like 1

I know I’m a little late, but Happy September Everyone! Things have been really crazy already. School for the kids started a couple of weeks ago and things have been non stop. Finally getting into the groove of things and my DD ends up testing positive. Thankfully only mild symptoms that seemed to really only last for a couple of days, but trying to keep an energetic 11 yo quarantined when she “feels” fine is tough. [emoji12]

Waiting patiently for the cooler temps to get here. I’m so ready for the fall festivals. [emoji262][emoji260]

Hello my fellow GD Prize Club members, we got to talking and wanted to bring back some fun that lots of used to do. Does anyone remember when we had that Tony the Tiger plush that everyone would get in the mail, they would keep it for a few days, no more than a week, took some pictures to share with different activities and add some sort of trinket to the package and off he would go to visit the next person on the list.

Let us know if you like this idea and would like a turn, feel free to post some suggestions too.

If any of you don't remember Tony, i will try to get a link to the original post about it and sorry no we will find a new mascot for us to use.

Can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about this, so get to posting and tell us your thoughts.

Most likely will cave but I’m trying to hold out for a BF deal on something. That Tablo is tempting at under $100 though!

Of the bunch, the Sling DVR is the best deal.  Integrated disk and out of house streaming are important to me.  I like the Recast, but you have to be in the Amazon echosystem.  It's the best way to watch television on the Echo Show devices.  You have to add a disk and a service for the Tablo TV DVR.

Of course, if you are just looking for 'trick play', it's tough to beat the TCL Roku TVs.

You like the recast? I thought about it but read a lot of people don’t like it. Lot saying it’s only 720p.

I used to love Sling products. Need to figure out how much their service is.

I love the Recast.  I have the four tuner/1t version, but I do not expect there is much difference for most people.  Either way, you can only stream to two devices concurrently.  I love the way Amazon has integrated streaming and OTA.  I love that I can stream to any Echo Show in my house.  I think most of the whole house devices are softer than the set top boxes, but you will not likely notice unless you are comparing.  

I actually like the Sling TV DVR better.  You can get it for $100 if you prepay for three months of Sling TV, so $200 for a 1t DVR that can stream outside the home.

September means summer is coming to an end. NOOOOOOO!!!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Your avatar makes me think summer never ends for you.

Little brother from another mother got married yesterday! I’ve known him since he was 7 years old (he’s 28) and I was blessed to make the “short list” of those invited to attend in person. Beautiful day, beautiful ceremony, super proud “big sis”. [emoji170][emoji170][emoji170]

post-90150-163153991316_thumb.jpg

• Like 4