Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

• Please log in to reply
1061 replies to this topic

#901 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 2, 2021 - 4:55 am

Happy September, y’all!

First: Welcome back, budgetsRsexy - sorry you’ve had such a stressful time of thing but glad you’ve found your way back here. Always good to see a familiar “face” return after a long absence. Hope to see you back around here more often now that you’re slowly getting re-situated.

My favorite orchard will be open to the public again this season after last year’s absence and opening day is Saturday. Can’t WAIT for those yummy warm fresh orchard donuts!

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been out to Michigan Int’l Speedway for the NASCAR weekend, down to Cedar Point for two straight days of coaster riding, and out to Comerica Park for a Tigers game with one of my best friends who’s just recently moved from FL to IN, putting her close enough to road trip to me for our NASCAR & amusement park fun. She’ll be headed back home Tuesday so we get one more weekend of fun. She’s finally getting to go to the orchard with me Saturday (she’s never visited at the “right” time before) and we’re making a day trip up to Frankenmuth on Sunday. It’s been so great having her here visiting with me.

88c3fb6bb856e3aa31a34e6d4fcf3b3d.jpg

Hope all of my GD fam is well and staying safe and healthy as school starts up again and BF draws nearer.
Happy September, y’all!

First: Welcome back, budgetsRsexy - sorry you’ve had such a stressful time of thing but glad you’ve found your way back here. Always good to see a familiar “face” return after a long absence. Hope to see you back around here more often now that you’re slowly getting re-situated.

My favorite orchard will be open to the public again this season after last year’s absence and opening day is Saturday. Can’t WAIT for those yummy warm fresh orchard donuts!

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been out to Michigan Int’l Speedway for the NASCAR weekend, down to Cedar Point for two straight days of coaster riding, and out to Comerica Park for a Tigers game with one of my best friends who’s just recently moved from FL to IN, putting her close enough to road trip to me for our NASCAR & amusement park fun. She’ll be headed back home Tuesday so we get one more weekend of fun. She’s finally getting to go to the orchard with me Saturday (she’s never visited at the “right” time before) and we’re making a day trip up to Frankenmuth on Sunday. It’s been so great having her here visiting with me.

88c3fb6bb856e3aa31a34e6d4fcf3b3d.jpg

Hope all of my GD fam is well and staying safe and healthy as school starts up again and BF draws nearer.

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#902 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 2, 2021 - 4:13 pm

Yay September! Moving month, and my birthday month. :)
We have a 4 day weekend, and I plan on using every bit of it to pack. Holy cow I have a lot of stuff!!
12 days to go!

#903 bodotdot  OFFLINE  

bodotdot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 3, 2021 - 4:59 am

Happy September.  Yes, it won't be too long until the Black Friday leaks start...followed by the inevitable articles that point out that Black Friday doesn't exist anymore because this one started their sales two weeks earlier, and that this other one will have deals every week right up until Christmas.  So it will never be the same...and that's OK.  A good deal is a good deal, whether it's for one day, one weekend, online or in-store.  If you have something on your Wish List, know what the price is today and watch for it to go on sale!  I'm looking for a 15.6" laptop with a Ryzen processor with backlit keyboard and a bright display for under $700.  Believe it or not, finding one with a bright-enough display is the hard part!  I need 300 nits on the display, minimum.  Drop me a link here if you see anything.

#904 kimpooh19  OFFLINE  

kimpooh19

• 659 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 3, 2021 - 11:37 am

th?id=OIP.fNXJcaV12SaKkxCCQ_P3-AHaEo&pid

I :heart: someone with Eosinophilic Esophagitis!

#905 smurfgirl  OFFLINE  

smurfgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 4, 2021 - 7:58 pm

Happy September!

#906 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 64,778 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2021 - 9:01 pm

20210905215940x250x249.jpg

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#907 Rose0426  OFFLINE  

Rose0426

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 6, 2021 - 3:58 am

Happy September everyone!

Can't believe I have started Christmas shopping for my grandkids already. I'm afraid that come closer to Christmas, items will be sold out or really expensive.

#908 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 6, 2021 - 6:12 am

Happy Labor Day everyone. Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

#909 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,158 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 6, 2021 - 6:02 pm

Even being a 3 day weekend it was too short. Did some work today in order to get ready for a project tomorrow. Then went to IKEA to look for a bed for our daughter and some other things.

#910 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,499 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2021 - 11:24 am

Day one as a cord-cutter….so far, so good. It’s our 1st time with no DVR in probably 30 years, Will see how long we last.

#911 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,812 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2021 - 2:22 pm

Day one as a cord-cutter….so far, so good. It’s our 1st time with no DVR in probably 30 years, Will see how long we last.

You are probably going to miss the DVR.  Lots of times we wished we could pause or rewind.  Lots of options out there for you.

#912 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,812 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2021 - 9:52 pm

You are probably going to miss the DVR...Lots of options out there for you.

Amazon Fire TV Recast, over-the-air DVR, 500 GB Digital Media Player | $129.99 Shipped from BuyDig.com

Tablo DUAL LITE OTA DVR with WiFi Black TDNS2B-01-CN - $89.99 Shipped Best Buy

AirTV Anywhere DVR + HD Antenna for $99 ($244.98 value) when you prepay for 3 months of SLING

#913 rlbarajas  OFFLINE  

rlbarajas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 12:25 am

wooo-HOOO!!!
I just received this text from Krystin Jones, the coordinator for P.ink Washington State. Quoting with her permission.
(please pardon the language)

"Hi I'm happy to let you know you are one of gals receiving a tattoo this year. If you would call me when you have some time to talk so I can go over details and what to expect next. Holy shit congratulations girl!! I look forward to talking with you soon."

P.Ink Day is an annual event, where free decorative tattoos are given to breast cancer survivors/thrivers over their mastectomy and reconstruction scars.

Thats awesome!

#914 rlbarajas  OFFLINE  

rlbarajas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 12:45 am

I know I’m a little late, but Happy September Everyone! Things have been really crazy already. School for the kids started a couple of weeks ago and things have been non stop. Finally getting into the groove of things and my DD ends up testing positive. Thankfully only mild symptoms that seemed to really only last for a couple of days, but trying to keep an energetic 11 yo quarantined when she “feels” fine is tough.

Waiting patiently for the cooler temps to get here. I’m so ready for the fall festivals.

#915 gatorburg  OFFLINE  

gatorburg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 2:14 am

Happy September

#916 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,499 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 5:49 am

You are probably going to miss the DVR. Lots of times we wished we could pause or rewind. Lots of options out there for you.

Most likely will cave but I’m trying to hold out for a BF deal on something. That Tablo is tempting at under $100 though!

#917 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,639 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 8:41 am

I would so love to cut the cord, but i would have to have some type of DVR system and I need the ability to record stuff to DVD if I choose, show me the way master.

#918 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,639 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 9:37 am

Hello my fellow GD Prize Club members, we got to talking and wanted to bring back some fun that lots of used to do. Does anyone remember when we had that Tony the Tiger plush that everyone would get in the mail, they would keep it for a few days, no more than a week, took some pictures to share with different activities and add some sort of trinket to the package and off he would go to visit the next person on the list.

Let us know if you like this idea and would like a turn, feel free to post some suggestions too.

If any of you don't remember Tony, i will try to get a link to the original post about it and sorry no we will find a new mascot for us to use.

Can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about this, so get to posting and tell us your thoughts.

#919 Brad  ONLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 22,012 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 10:35 am

Original Tony thread:

http://forums.gottad...journalisthost/

#920 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,812 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 1:30 pm

Most likely will cave but I’m trying to hold out for a BF deal on something. That Tablo is tempting at under $100 though!

Of the bunch, the Sling DVR is the best deal.  Integrated disk and out of house streaming are important to me.  I like the Recast, but you have to be in the Amazon echosystem.  It's the best way to watch television on the Echo Show devices.  You have to add a disk and a service for the Tablo TV DVR.

Of course, if you are just looking for 'trick play', it's tough to beat the TCL Roku TVs.

#921 beccasbank  OFFLINE  

beccasbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 4:54 pm

September means summer is coming to an end. NOOOOOOO!!!!

#922 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,158 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 5:22 pm

Amazon Fire TV Recast, over-the-air DVR, 500 GB Digital Media Player | $129.99 Shipped from BuyDig.com
Tablo DUAL LITE OTA DVR with WiFi Black TDNS2B-01-CN - $89.99 Shipped Best Buy
AirTV Anywhere DVR + HD Antenna for $99 ($244.98 value) when you prepay for 3 months of SLING

You like the recast? I thought about it but read a lot of people don’t like it. Lot saying it’s only 720p.

I used to love Sling products. Need to figure out how much their service is.

#923 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,812 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2021 - 6:09 pm

I love the Recast.  I have the four tuner/1t version, but I do not expect there is much difference for most people.  Either way, you can only stream to two devices concurrently.  I love the way Amazon has integrated streaming and OTA.  I love that I can stream to any Echo Show in my house.  I think most of the whole house devices are softer than the set top boxes, but you will not likely notice unless you are comparing.  

I actually like the Sling TV DVR better.  You can get it for $100 if you prepay for three months of Sling TV, so $200 for a 1t DVR that can stream outside the home.

September means summer is coming to an end. NOOOOOOO!!!!

Your avatar makes me think summer never ends for you.

#924 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 64,778 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 10, 2021 - 9:27 pm

20210910222501x250x188.jpg

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#925 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 13, 2021 - 5:34 am

Little brother from another mother got married yesterday! I’ve known him since he was 7 years old (he’s 28) and I was blessed to make the “short list” of those invited to attend in person. Beautiful day, beautiful ceremony, super proud “big sis”.

Attached File  IMG_0785.JPG   577.92KB   19 downloads

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#926 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,935 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 13, 2021 - 4:53 pm

Make sure you check in often!!!

#927 jesusluvu  ONLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,151 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 14, 2021 - 8:21 am

I want to go to the beach one more time....

#928 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 2,074 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2021 - 12:26 pm

Moving day is tomorrow. Yikes. It's a 2 day move, so that will be fun.
Tonight is last minute packing (dishes, tools, medicines...)
Here we go!

#929 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,389 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 15, 2021 - 6:24 am

An easy fast to all those observing.

4ef323c90fd9b8e00b6dc906d4442f3d-rosh-ha

May we be sealed in the Book of Life.

#930 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Sep 15, 2021 - 9:36 am

Middle of the month and Fall weather is in the air, finally!!!! In no time we'll be looking for those BF sale ads to arrive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users