GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I am back to work today after 2 weeks off.  Ugh.  I threw my back out last week the day after Christmas, and then had to drive 7 hours to a hockey tournament for my youngest (got back last night).  This January, I'm thankful for a standing desk at my job so that I can at least be here, trying to catch up with everything I missed over the last 2 weeks.

Happy 2020!

Happy New Year! We ended 2019 with the stomach bug and 2020 isn't shaping up much better. Had some food poisoning last weekend. Ugh.

Anyway, on to 2020!

NOT good ways to start off - but it can only get better from here! :) :::HUGS:::

• Like 2

I am back to work today after 2 weeks off.  Ugh.  I threw my back out last week the day after Christmas, and then had to drive 7 hours to a hockey tournament for my youngest (got back last night).  This January, I'm thankful for a standing desk at my job so that I can at least be here, trying to catch up with everything I missed over the last 2 weeks.

Happy 2020!

LOVE my new standing desk as well. It really does help break up the day even if my posture (sitting or standing) is still awful.

• Like 1

Lucky you - we have a MASSIVE storm front moving in on Saturday - ALL rain and possible tornadoes and NO Snow - heck - it's in the 70's right now. :(

Ya we're going to get up to 5" of rain and it possibly turning to ice. YAY, would rather just have snow.

• Like 5

I put away the Christmas stuff yesterday...and bought more at Kroger today [emoji51] Hard to resist 90% off.

It’s hard to resist but I’ve been really good about not buying Christmas stuff during the clearance deals this year. Normally I pick up decorations, or things to use for Valentines Day and Easter baskets but we are trying to not accumulate more stuff for our long term retirement plan. I only bought a 4 pack of small gift bags at Joanns because I’ve run out and they are the size I use most often.
  • Like 2

Ya we're going to get up to 5" of rain and it possibly turning to ice. YAY, would rather just have snow.

I would have rather had the snow also.  Instead because the ground had already froze all that rain caused us a big headache.

• Like 1

I would have rather had the snow also.  Instead because the ground had already froze all that rain caused us a big headache.

Luckily it wasn't horrible around us but there was some flooding right around us. Then Sat night it all froze. Woke up to a nice skating rink in the driveway lol.

• Like 3

Is it just me, or does January seem like the longest month ever?  UGH it is just dragging along...

We'll have to agree to disagree. 2020 is my Beddian Birthday year, and my birthday is on the 21st of this month. While I'm celebrating all year long, my major celebrations are happening this month.

We'll have to agree to disagree. 2020 is my Beddian Birthday year, and my birthday is on the 21st of this month. While I'm celebrating all year long, my major celebrations are happening this month.

Beddian birthdays occur every 2 years, e.g. those born in 1958 (like me) will turn 58 this year (2016); those born in 1959 will turn 59 in 2018; those born in 1960 will turn 60 in 2020....and so on, and so on....

Beddian birthdays occur every 2 years, e.g. those born in 1958 (like me) will turn 58 this year (2016); those born in 1959 will turn 59 in 2018; those born in 1960 will turn 60 in [/size]2020....and so on, and so on....[/size]

Yep. But for most individuals, it only happens once in a lifetime.

OK, wait, now I get it.  A Beddian Birthday occurs when the age a person is turning, is the same number as the last two digits of their birth year. The Beddian birthday is named for NYC firefighter Bobby Beddia who noted this coincidence. Someone born in 2015, will experience their Beddian Birthday when they are 15!  So, you are 20?  I'm rooting for you to make 120.

Beddia Theorem: In any odd-numbered year, there are exactly 50 pre-Beddian ages. In any even-numbered year, there are exactly 49 pre-Beddian ages. Moreover, with three exceptions, these ages consist of two separate spans. The exceptions are 1998 (or any year ending in ’98), for which the pre-Beddian ages comprise the single span 0-48, 1999 (or any year ending in ’99), for which they comprise the single span 0-49, and 2000 (or any year ending in ’00), for which they comprise the single span 1-49.

My Beddian Year will be 2024.  Already, I know that will be a great year for me as it will be my SECOND full year of retirement.

• Like 1

Almost got it right.

The Beddian birthday is when the age matches the last two digits of the year one was born. I'm turning 60, and I was born in 1960. So 1960 + 60 years old = 2020...

Someone turning 10 would also celebrate their beddian birthday this year. 2010 + 10 years old = 2020. Now that I think about it, even if they make it to 110 in 2120, that wouldn't match the definition. So, it is a once in a lifeime event.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 1

An unexpected snowfall has begun here today, but luckily its supposed to be less than an inch.  Later this week though we may not be too lucky.

But hey, my team is playing in the Super Bowl for the first time in 50 years, so I'll take a little snow.

• Like 7