2018 So where is Everyone on their Buying, Shipments, Wrapping and Baking?

magickallight

After speaking with my sister in law it seems like I won’t need to do any baking until after I get down to Virginia on the 20th. It also looks like I’m only going to need to make pumpkin bread and press cookies (and maybe peanut butter fudge if I can’t con my mom into making it, I use her recipe but somehow hers just tastes better). That just made the To Do list look a lot less scary.
  • Like 1

Finished my Christmas cards tonight and I’ve wrapped everything except the gifts for the 5 pets of the family (which go in recycled gift bags so that should be easy). We are done with shopping except for husband still needs to buy something for his niece but that’s on his to do list not mine. My mom agreed to make the peanut butter fudge so now I just need to focus on decorating. The only thing that really matters to me is the tree so anything I manage beyond that is icing on the cake. Oh yeah, and at some point I have to pack for the trip from NY to VA, including clothes, presents and for the first time our dog. It’s going to be an interesting drive down [emoji15]

Just have pumpkin bread (3 loaves) and one batch of fudge left for my "Round 1" drop dead ship date tomorrow. Will finish those up tonight and get everything packed. Round 2 begins as soon as I drop off Round 1 with my trusty FedEx elves. I'm tired, but in a "labor of love" kind of way - in other words, it's worth it. :)

• Like 3

I’m still waiting on three orders I was checking one fro old navy today I ordered it December 4 and it showed delivered November 2 to somewhere in Indiana I called customer service and they said it’s an error and I should get my package tomorrow in Virginia [emoji4]
  • Like 2

Still waiting on 1 present for my DH, then that and one more to wrap.  Cards to be mailed are gone and ones to be hand delivered in the neighborhood will be done next Monday.  I make my own cards and have 3 more to make for DH, DD, and SIL.

I am still waiting on other orders for myself, but they don't count.

• Like 1

I was done with my shopping, but I have to return something, so now I need one more thing for my son, and one for my daughter.  I had ordered a 2 pack of tiles, thinking they were the new ones with replaceable batteries.  I didn't realize what I received didn't have replaceable batteries until I got ready to wrap them and opened the box (to separate them into 2 gifts). 

• Like 1

I am still waiting on a package that I ordered on the 4th! Uggg! Then yesterday I ordered more stuff from Amazon - at least I KNOW that should be here Saturday. This weekend should be the last for gift wrapping for me ... I HOPE. ;)  Then I have to set up a wrapping station in front of the TV for hubby to wrap my gifts - If I don't set it up where he can watch TV - I get my gifts in Walmart bags! :(

Will do the majority of my baking next weekend, but am hosting Sunday, Monday and Tuesday for different Christmas celebrations for the family - so it looks like Saturday the 22nd will be a BUSY cooking day for me!

• Like 1

Well I had felt like I was in good shape with shopping. And I have the majority and the major gifts.

But I still have my 2 nieces and nephew left. I thought I had a plan... but apparently not so much.

I received an order yesterday with 3 gifts, I'm waiting on an Amazon order to arrive Sunday-Monday with 3 gifts, an order of dice to arrive on Monday, then whatever I figure out for the 3 kids. (Probably gift cards and electronic money, which is honestly what they want.)

I have about 20ish gifts left to wrap, hope to make progress tonight.

Buckeyes this weekend or a few nights this week, then next Saturday cookies, brownies, and whatever else I come up with.

Whew! We're almost there!

• Like 1

Okay,

Not finished shopping yet but got a chunk done this week. 4th quarter is always hard for me at work and busy and this year...my my my..... I hope to wrap this weekend. This is the first year that nothing has been under my tree wrapped at this time of year. My kids haven't said anything but I see them looking every morning. Santa might really have to come down the chimney at this rate. 

• Like 3

Just ordered the last 3 things for my wife, need to wrap the one that came in last night. Outside of that everything else is ordered that we hadn't already bought. We MAY pick up one more thing for our daughter. As for wrapping except for the things not here and the one that got here yesterday, everything else is wrapped and under the tree. :)

• Like 1

Okay,

Not finished shopping yet but got a chunk done this week. 4th quarter is always hard for me at work and busy and this year...my my my..... I hope to wrap this weekend. This is the first year that nothing has been under my tree wrapped at this time of year. My kids haven't said anything but I see them looking every morning. Santa might really have to come down the chimney at this rate. 

I have 1 son living at home. I've wrapped his presents and put them under the tree, so that when I have time he can help me wrap everything else.  It's killing him that his gifts are sitting there. This is the first time in his life (he's 23) I've put gifts under the tree before Christmas Eve. LOL

• Like 2

Christmas cards - done [emoji736]

Shopping - done [emoji736]

Wrapping - done [emoji736]

The Christmas tree has been assembled, all the lights fixed and the limbs fluffed. Just need to hang the ornaments today and then pack for my trip on Sunday. Feeling really good about about where things are at [emoji16]

Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 3

4 presents left to wrap

Bought the ingredients for cookies and candy today and will make some tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday.

After that I will be able to relax and enjoy the week until Christmas. 

Tomorrow morning I am going to go watch 3 of my grandchildren in their church Christmas program.

• Like 3

trying to get it all organized. i have ar least 3 BIG presents to buy. and still waiting for 3 other  BIG ones to arrive . plus i am sure ill get several little ones along the way.. what i do have is about 1/2 wrapped. i am SO far behind . never have i been this far behind my own schedule. i didnt even decorate inside my house yet.. (glad i had the outside done early. i might skip inside decorations other then a tree this year.i am taking off next week from the gym....other then Thursday. things happened and at least that fell into place to give me the time to catch up.  i envy all of you who are done. i wrapped 18 presents this am . and will wrap some more soon. then throwing a birthday for my future dil , and going to dinner .. so after today i might feel a little more caught up.)

• Like 1

Round 1 got shipped out on time just under the wire. Over the weekend, I made another 50ish dozen cookies. I have three batches of cookies left to go, plus three pans of fudge and a pan of brownies. On my agenda tonight is one batch of the cookies and the fudge & brownies. I'll finish the other two batches of cookies tomorrow night and ship it all out Wednesday. 

• Like 2

I made some lists today. I *think* all my actual gifts-that-are-not-gift-cards are purchased. I have no idea if the stockings will be full... I should buy extra candy in case.

I have 7 gift cards to buy, plus 3 I want to put in slime so I need that.

Also made the list of desserts I want to make. 5 new things are on the list, along with buckeyes, brownies, and 2 types of cookies. We'll see if that all happens.

I had a list of about 102 gifts I wanted to make (actually about 18). I got 1 finished this weekend... And added 1 more... But I think most have been realistically removed from the list, and probably will only make 1 hat, and *maybe* 4 dishcloths.

• Like 1

I saw somewhere where someone put a gift card in a jar of slime. Hadn't thought yet about how to wrap the slime... Probably in a gift bag?

I saw some on Amazon called elf snot and reindeer poo, but I don't care for those words, so I was just going to make it. Michaels has a tutorial for making red glittery slime and decorating the jar like Santa's suit, so I might do that.

https://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Time-Gift-Holder-Slime/dp/B0778PR3LN/ref=pd_aw_fbt_21_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0778PR3LN&pd_rd_r=c211697d-0254-11e9-9c11-8d51749b796d&pd_rd_w=ZbU9w&pd_rd_wg=WxIlX&pf_rd_p=b98fa1a4-6e6e-4981-835c-7fb29e0f4dd2&pf_rd_r=68146ZCZARPEQGVNVPZK&psc=1&refRID=68146ZCZARPEQGVNVPZK

https://www.michaels.com/santas-belt-slime-project%2C/B_86919.html?productsource=projects#q=Slime&start=2

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 2

Oreo balls, mounds balls and peanut butter balls (buckeyes) all made and covered in chocolate. I was hoping to do one kind of cookie tonight but the candy took longer than I expected. Tomorrow tomorrow there's always tomorrow............

• Like 1

I saw somewhere where someone put a gift card in a jar of slime. Hadn't thought yet about how to wrap the slime... Probably in a gift bag?

I saw some on Amazon called elf snot and reindeer poo, but I don't care for those words, so I was just going to make it. Michaels has a tutorial for making red glittery slime and decorating the jar like Santa's suit, so I might do that.

https://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Time-Gift-Holder-Slime/dp/B0778PR3LN/ref=pd_aw_fbt_21_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0778PR3LN&pd_rd_r=c211697d-0254-11e9-9c11-8d51749b796d&pd_rd_w=ZbU9w&pd_rd_wg=WxIlX&pf_rd_p=b98fa1a4-6e6e-4981-835c-7fb29e0f4dd2&pf_rd_r=68146ZCZARPEQGVNVPZK&psc=1&refRID=68146ZCZARPEQGVNVPZK

https://www.michaels.com/santas-belt-slime-project%2C/B_86919.html?productsource=projects#q=Slime&start=2

the michaels link didnt work .. but i love this idea. now i just have to figure out how to make slime. and i can put it in mason jars. or old candle jars. LOVE the idea. thank you!!!

the michaels link didnt work .. but i love this idea. now i just have to figure out how to make slime. and i can put it in mason jars. or old candle jars. LOVE the idea. thank you!!!

Oh no, sorry! I searched for slime projects and it was at the top of the search. They call it Santa's belt.