My baking marathon begins tonight and will continue for the next week & a half or so.
Need two more small things for my SS box and then I can ship that out. Will be picking them up tonight as I grab fresh eggs and a couple of other last-minute-grab baking stuff.
As for other gifts, I'm at a loss. Literally have no clue what I will get one of my best friends. I hit it out of the park with my gift to him last year and am unfortunately fresh out of ideas for this Christmas.Need to make time to get into one of the stores I can usually at least get ideas from. I''m even struggling with what to get my dad. This isn't like me to be this "blank" with gift ideas, but it will all sort itself out at some point.
My baking list, Round 1, has to ship by 12/14:
- Chocolate chip cookies, double batch (nets me 15-18 dozen, depending on cookie size)
- White chocolate macadamia cookies, double batch (about 16 dozen)
- Peanut butter cookies, double batch (about 8 dozen)
- Oatmeal pb chocolate chip cookies, double batch (about 8 dozen)
- Chocolate candy cane kiss cookies, single batch (about 5 dozen)
- Snickerdoodles, double batch (about 6 dozen)
- Chocolate peppermint fudge, two 8x8 pans (128 squares)
- Chocolate strawberry fudge, one 8x8 pan (64 squares)
- Pumpkin bread, 2 loaves
- Brownies, 2 9x13 pans (48 brownies)
Round 2, has to ship by 12/20:
- Repeat all cookies from round 1
- Lemon sparkle cookies, double batch (about 6 dozen)
- Single batch of each fudge
- Brownies, 2 9x13 pans
- Gingerbread fudge (new this year, if I have time)
Boxes will go everywhere from Idaho to NC (and a few other places). Busy cookie girl, keeping my NASCAR track family spoiled for the holidays.
For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"
NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol