What did you buy? How were the crowds? Share your experiences!

Brad

Checkout lines for Kohl’s were ridiculous, even 2 hours after they opened but I persevered, using my $10 off for another bra.

Walmart movie area was ridiculous as well but I checked out in 5 minutes once I was able to get out of the movie area.

I went to Kohl's today about noon and the line was 3/4 of the way around the store.  I gave my $10 off to an older lady waiting at the end of the line.  It wasn't worth it to wait as I was only getting the pajamas.

• Like 1

Started with early "Black Friday Prices Now" deals in Best Buy. Bought a 75" Samsung QLED TV and 2 55" Samsung TVs. Then came the Elite Early Online deals for Best Buy. Bought Echo Show 2nd generation, Echo Show 1st generation, 3 Echo Dot 3rd generations, 4 starter packs of Phillips Hue lights, a few of the $10 Insignia Wave 2 speakers, Samsung Chromebook, Kindle, Ring Doorbell Pro w/ free Alexa Dot 3rd generation. Picked up a Laptop for my sister that she needed. She tried getting the Walmart one online and it sold out immediately, this was going to be the backup in case she couldn't get the Walmart one... Well sometimes the backup plan is required... lol

Kohl's - Heating blankets and sheet sets, Google Home Hub, 2 dog beds, 2 Google Minis, and a few other items. All except the electronics were 35% off Black Friday price if you applied for a Kohls card... so save where you can, and I got the card...

Walmart - Samsung soundbar with surround sound, Sony speakers, more WiFi lights (which so far seem to suck in comparison to the Phillips Hue lights, I guess you get what you pay for), charger cords, shop vacs (something I buy a few of every year, lol), a few games, mvies, and other small items.  

Sears - Tools... lots and lots of tools, lol

GameStop - $69.99 XBox 360 (our other just broke last week and we have about 60 games that do not work on our XBox One S or XBox One X) Free after $70 rebate!!! SCORE! Plus a few games.

Five Below - Crap the kids picked out for stocking stuffers, lol

BJ's - First time ever buing here on Black Friday... bought the 15' trampoline and a Frigidaire ice maker... headphones...

I went to Kohl's today about noon and the line was 3/4 of the way around the store.  I gave my $10 off to an older lady waiting at the end of the line.  It wasn't worth it to wait as I was only getting the pajamas.

Kohl's here had only about 150 people total in line when they opened. There was room to move freely in the store, and I even broke the sacred rule.. and got a carriage this year! Lines were not bad anyplace I went. 

Same here for the lines today at Kohl’s. Went to pick up an order and the line was back to the customer service area.

I waited until this afternoon to go to Walmart.  I figured all I wanted was movies and plastic ware so it wasn't worth fighting the crowds over.  I came out pretty happy by the time I left.

1.96 DVD:
It (1990)
Creed
Scooby-Doo & Batman: The Brave and the Bold

3.96 Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital:
Home Alone (YES!)

9.96 DVD:
The Original Christmas Special Collection (Rudolph, Frosty, Drummer Boy, Santa Claus is Coming To Town, Cricket & The Hearth)

9.96 Blu-Ray + Digital:
The Expendables 1,2, & 3

The only movies I went in looking for was Home Alone and It so finding the others was good.  Someone mentioned finding Grumpy Cat Christmas for 1.96 and I would have jumped on that.  Maybe I'll go back tomorrow and see if its there.  Stuff was still being picked over and with a possible snow storm coming I'm sure I'll need to get something anyways.

Walmart:

Pioneer Woman Cookbooks (2)

Rubbermaid containers (2)

Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker

Digital Madden game for Xbox one

Various DVDs

Sharpie set

Vacuum

Heater

Monopoly (Cheaters Edition)

Lowes:

Poinsettias (10)

Batteries

Old Navy:

Cozy Socks

Gloves

Ear warmers

Christmas Tree Shop:

Walkie Talkie Set (church secret santa)

Oven mitts, pot holders, dish towels

Kmart:

Women's coat

Men's jacket

Toys for the g'son

Clothes for the g'son

Comforter set

Fleece throws

Women's Pajamas

Men's onesie pajamas (request from the 18 y/o)

Men's pajama bottoms

$50 (this was the max) cash back in points to spend at a future date

Funds were tight this BF, but still managed to get some good deals...

Edited by tracy0504

We didn't get in any big hurries this year. The only places we stood in line were Bass Pro on Wednesday and Academy this morning. But I'm pretty sure we were able to get everything on our lists.  The only exception was a little doll set at Kohl's that we just couldn't find. It was still available online, but my daughter said she had just wanted to look at it and wasn't sure she wanted to get it anyway.

Of course, we weren't after anything like TVs or Computers, but it sounds like we would have been alright even if we had been.

okay,, I take back everything I said. The lines were horrible last night and today..... Kohls had the line wrapped around the entire inside of the store, JC Penny I stood in line for 1hour, Belk I just gave up and left, Macys was an hour wait, it was crazy : 

But this is another continuation: 

JC Penny :  3 Pair girl jeans, 3 shirts, waffle maker, griddle, College and NFL Appearl ( 50% off), Towels, Wash cloths, Leather jacket

Macy: Pillows ( free ), POLO Shirts, Blazer, Perfume

VS - Perfume, 2-Jogger outfits 

Lowes - Lighted Garland, Dyson Vacuum, Batteries and Poinsettias

Hone Depot - Pull down Faucet for kitchen, Poinsettias , Rocking Horse 

Game Stop - Xbox 360 ( FREE WITH REBATE )  

Journeys - 2 Pair of Vans shoes - will return because found them cheaper with a coupon from shoes.com

Shoes.com - 2 Pair of Vans ( $40 Savings ) 

Rack Room - 2 pair of Boots 

Kohls - Pair of Jeans ( Free with code and coupon ) 

I know I am missing some stuff but I am running on 2.5 hours of sleep......

Edited by jesusluvu

Kohl's

10 St Nicholas throws (for part of gift bags I will be giving this year)

3 The Big One throws

Triple slow cooker

3 counter stools

Was going to get the Nest Thermostat here but our power company ended up offering them for sale online for $114...even better deal so we got it through them!

Walmart

2 king size sheet sets

Pioneer Woman Gadget set (they were out of these but I luckily found a set in an abandoned cart...i swear it really was abandoned lol  :tongue1: )

2 sets of the Rubbermaid food storage containers

Netgear router

Shark Ion robotic vacuum

Michael's

10 of the 5 for $ 10 jar candles (I use these in my gift bags as well)

4 of the Caron yarn "big cakes"...picked these up for a friend/coworker

Best Buy

Samsung 55" LED tv

Macy's

Belgique pots and pans set

Target

(Didn't plan on going here...we stopped by just to browse...)

Home Alone 1 & 2 DVDs to add to our Christmas Movie collection...I thought they were sold out of the Home Alone 1 DVD's but I fortunately found one that was laying somewhere it shouldn't have been  :D...also picked up some peanut M&M's because we needed a little snack!

We then headed to our local outlet mall...we usually go to a different outlet mall out of town but didn't feel like making the 1+ hour drive this year...that was kind've a mistake because our local outlet mall was packed SHOULDER TO SHOULDER (this was around midnight) with insane lines...when we go to the one out of town it's usually a ghost town!

At the outlet mall I only shopped at one place, Under Armour...this is the ONLY time of year I will purchase from them because they're otherwise too darn expensive!

I purchased 3 hoodies and a pair of sweatpants there...not much.

Was going to try to make it to Home Depot at 0600 as soon as they opened to get the 3pc area rug set but I was TIRED so we came home and went to bed...slept in and woke up around noon...decided to go to Home Depot and see if they happened to have any of the area rug sets left and much to my surprise they had tons of them left so I was able to pick up those! Very happy! I also ordered two ceiling fans from them online Thanksgiving morning.

All in all a very successful and fun year! I'm really thinking of changing the tradition next year and staying home and having a "Black Friday party"...having fun snacks and drinks and ordering everything online! Easily 98% of the things I purchased were available online and the older I get the more I hate people and their rudeness! I've always said I would continue to go out for the fun and excitement of it but again, the older I get the less enjoyable it is becoming. We'll see what BF 2019 brings! I could change my mind before then lol.  :holiday08

• Like 2

I guess because I did SO much of my shopping throughout the year, I didn't do that much on Black Friday this year... some games and little things - but spent very little.

I am still looking for some big ticket and medium ticket items - but couldn't find them on BF - so fingers are crossed for some good Cyber Monday/Week deals.

The employees at the Under Armour store we visited needed a major attitude check...I said the exact same thing...i know retail is ANNOYING especially on a day like BF but part of being a retail worker is faking it and smiling/still being nice!

Walmart was dead. You would not even know it was Black Friday. They had all of the food aisles set back up. Movies were pretty well picked through but I did manage to find a few.

Best Buy was steady but not packed. I managed to get the last thing on my list that sold out online. The Dark Knight 4k. I did notice that the employees were a bit on the attitudinal side. Not smiling or even remotely friendly. Yeah we get it you're tired. But at least try to fake it and keep your bitchy attitudes in check. One even got ignorant with me when I tried to ask her a question. Far cry from the hospitality at Target.

Edited by stewarta4

We got a few things. My wife popped into Home Depot shortly after opening to grab one thing. Lowe's, we did online with in-store pickup (batteries and wire shelving). At Micheal's, we got a few wreath-making supplies and a couple of organizers for my craft vinyl. We tried Lane Bryant, but didn't find what we wanted. We also hit Bath & Body Works for our annual stock-up and ducked into The Children's Place for $4.95 fleece separates. Lastly, we hit Target for cheap movies and a couple of games for our son. With the exception of HD, we did all the shopping and dropped everything off in 4 hours.

Since we weren't going for big ticket items, we did pretty well. The worst checkout was a tossup between Michael's and Bath & Body Works. Otherwise, we were able to get in and get out everywhere. We've discovered which is the "better" Target for BF, which was a nice bonus.  We will remember that for next year.  Our normal Target had a lot of "dumb walkers".

We got a few things. My wife popped into Home Depot shortly after opening to grab one thing. Lowe's, we did online with in-store pickup (batteries and wire shelving). At Micheal's, we got a few wreath-making supplies and a couple of organizers for my craft vinyl. We tried Lane Bryant, but didn't find what we wanted. We also hit Bath & Body Works for our annual stock-up and ducked into The Children's Place for $4.95 fleece separates. Lastly, we hit Target for cheap movies and a couple of games for our son. With the exception of HD, we did all the shopping and dropped everything off in 4 hours.

Since we weren't going for big ticket items, we did pretty well. The worst checkout was a tossup between Michael's and Bath & Body Works. Otherwise, we were able to get in and get out everywhere. We've discovered which is the "better" Target for BF, which was a nice bonus.  We will remember that for next year.  Our normal Target had a lot of "dumb walkers".

We ran into a few “dumb walkers” too! LOL.

• Like 1

^ Dumb walkers [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We had plenty of those...also several people grocery shopping in Walmart...I always find that interesting...

Seriously on the grocery shopping...…….the store I was at had the movies in the back corner where the dairy/yogurt cold cases were.  So we had to wind ourselves around all those aisle cases of food and all these folks carrying big TV's and having their buggies in the middle of that mess...…..then I look up from my phone and here comes this lady pushing a buggy with several cases of beer through the movie maze.....LMAO.   Guess she was ready to have herself a good weekend.  :)

I can add more toys to my Thanksgiving -whatever they call Saturday buying spree. Went to Dollar General for eggs and DS was looking at a pull back car and dropped it, broke the bumper off. Bought it and another with the BOGO 75% off. I can fix the piece he broke and it was an accident. If he was bigger it would have been a you broke it, you have to buy it moment. They go in his stocking. Got more Matchbox cars $5-5 pack (DS birthday) and a marble run for the donation box. Got 4 $5 toys for $12.50.

I have the post Black Friday blues, always get this way for a couple days afterwards. All the anticipation and planning then it's all done. :(

Yay!  This is my favorite posts to just sit back and read each and everyone of your comments.  I love reading what great deal everyone got.  I did good but not as good as I have done in the past.  I notice that some years I get really great deals and then some years I just don't.  Even DH made a comment on how little I bought.  He's use to having several loads of bags to get out of my car when I get home after shopping.  Either way, my list is below:

Walmart..I did all my shopping with WM online and almost had a panic attack.  I had all my items in my cart but the system wouldn't let me pay for anything. I kept getting an error stating there was technical difficulties.  It took my 2 hours before I was finally able to pay for my stuff.  The only thing that got taken out of my cart were the $5 Serta pillows but I ended up going to my local WM today and they had plenty left.  

-Iphone 7

-Bicycle

-4 camera outdoor security cameras

-Fuji film refills

-Incredibles 2 DVD

-Water/Fire proof security safe

-toddler potty

-1 mickey mouse toy

-1 racing rug

-1 kid shaving kit.

Outlets-The 1 1/2 hour to this partiular outlet was worth the drive.  They had awesome deals

Vineyard Vines Oulet

-2 mens shirts

-4 small boys shirts

-1 womens shirt

Kate Spade Outlet

-1 ring

Carters

-pair of boy pj's

Nike

-pack of mens socks

-1 lineyard'

Loft

-3 womens shirt

-2 womens cardigans

Next was Target and I was disappointed.  I normally rack up in Target but ended up not getting nearly as much as I usually do

-Nintendo switch joy cons

-Nintendo switch 32gb disc

-2 Diary of a Wimpy Kid book

-1 Peppa pig book

-candy stocking stuffers

-body wash for stocking stuffer

Belk

-1 pair of Adidas boy pants

-1 Columbia mens wind breaker

-1pair of boy pj's

-1 womens shirt

-2 packs of womens underwear

- basketball door hanging hoop

Victoria Secret...This store is the only place that I stood in line for so long in.  It took me almost 30 minutes to check out but I really wanted all that I had gotten so I just waited it out.

4 sets of lotion/body sprays

2 sets of perfume

Mercari app
-1 pair of Tory Burch earrings

Lowes

-batteries

-ceiling fan

Amazon

-pocket knife

-truck sticker

Tractor Supply

-low profile tool box (gotta go pick it up tomrrow at the store)

I think thats it.  Seeing it all on here makes me think that I bought a ton of stuff, but I guess b/c so much of it was online that it just doesn't feel like I bought so much at the store.

• Like 1

I was looking for Kayaks this year. A lot of places had them on Black Friday in their ad but I really wanted to see reviews on the Kayaks, and couldn’t find any reviews for any of the ones listed in the ads.?. I ended up playing it safe and buying some from Walmart where I could read the reviews first and see what other people thought of them.

We ran into a few “dumb walkers” too! LOL.

My dad always called them "dumb walkers".  He's been gone 10 years, but we still use the term!

We had plenty of those...also several people grocery shopping in Walmart...I always find that interesting...

Grocery shopping?? Um...why??

I ordered the things I most wanted online and was very happy with my first ever BF online experience. Granted, I do online shopping, but this is my first time shopping for BF door buster items. I think I might do it again next year lol still waiting for my shipping confirmation for Luvabella doll and $29 vac from Walmart, but Hover Board and Straight Talk iPhone shipped ...woo boo!
  • Like 1

Yeah, I ran into people who were casually grocery shopping at WalMart as well...maybe they don't have a clue; since it's TG they figured the store would be dead...and their cart didn't just have one or two items of food, they were grocery shopping; meats, produce, canned goods etc...

Had a great time shopping with my dad on Friday morning. We met up at Kohl’s at 5:30am and hit the ground running despite it only being 9 degrees out.

Kohl’s - my dad purchased a $9 men’s flannel shirt and $5 socks, used a $10 off $10 coupon so his total was $4

Lowe’s - I picked up the 21 piece Bosch drill bet set for $13

Staples - dad got the $10 gallon of Elmer’s glue that they had on sale

Home Depot - I grabbed the $10 Bosch set of 12 spade drill bits in the ad

Target - I bought a few prize items and Saran Wrap for the Saran Wrap Ball game we were playing Friday night $5

JCPenney - I returned a pair of jeans and a sweater that I bought the week earlier

Office Max - my dad got a cell phone power pack for $8

Old Navy - I grabbed a Buffalo Bills T-shirt for $12.50

By then it was 9:30 so we met up with my mom, husband, sister and sister in law for breakfast. I won our Black Friday bingo game so my dad had to buy breakfast. Afterwards my husband and I went to Dick’s (2 shirts for $36) and then a local pet store ($20 on dog treats). I was home by 12.

Overall it was a great day but there were hardly any people out until after 10:30. No one seemed to be in a rush and were just perusing the sales like it was another Saturday at the mall. Even my dad commented that BF as we know it is dead and we’ll be telling the next generation “back in the good old days” stories about BF.

• Like 1

I like how WalMart had the TVs out this year...there were still some left in the aisles about an hour ago...

There were still some out this morning at my local Walmart. Not sure if the price is the same. 

Yay!  This is my favorite posts to just sit back and read each and everyone of your comments.  I love reading what great deal everyone got.  I did good but not as good as I have done in the past.  I notice that some years I get really great deals and then some years I just don't.  Even DH made a comment on how little I bought.  He's use to having several loads of bags to get out of my car when I get home after shopping.  Either way, my list is below:

Walmart..I did all my shopping with WM online and almost had a panic attack.  I had all my items in my cart but the system wouldn't let me pay for anything. I kept getting an error stating there was technical difficulties.  It took my 2 hours before I was finally able to pay for my stuff.  The only thing that got taken out of my cart were the $5 Serta pillows but I ended up going to my local WM today and they had plenty left.  

-Iphone 7

-Bicycle

-4 camera outdoor security cameras

-Fuji film refills

-Incredibles 2 DVD

-Water/Fire proof security safe

-toddler potty

-1 mickey mouse toy

-1 racing rug

-1 kid shaving kit.

Outlets-The 1 1/2 hour to this partiular outlet was worth the drive.  They had awesome deals

Vineyard Vines Oulet

-2 mens shirts

-4 small boys shirts

-1 womens shirt

Kate Spade Outlet

-1 ring

Carters

-pair of boy pj's

Nike

-pack of mens socks

-1 lineyard'

Loft

-3 womens shirt

-2 womens cardigans

Next was Target and I was disappointed.  I normally rack up in Target but ended up not getting nearly as much as I usually do

-Nintendo switch joy cons

-Nintendo switch 32gb disc

-2 Diary of a Wimpy Kid book

-1 Peppa pig book

-candy stocking stuffers

-body wash for stocking stuffer

Belk

-1 pair of Adidas boy pants

-1 Columbia mens wind breaker

-1pair of boy pj's

-1 womens shirt

-2 packs of womens underwear

- basketball door hanging hoop

Victoria Secret...This store is the only place that I stood in line for so long in.  It took me almost 30 minutes to check out but I really wanted all that I had gotten so I just waited it out.

4 sets of lotion/body sprays

2 sets of perfume

Mercari app

-1 pair of Tory Burch earrings

Lowes

-batteries

-ceiling fan

Amazon

-pocket knife

-truck sticker

Tractor Supply

-low profile tool box (gotta go pick it up tomrrow at the store)

I think thats it.  Seeing it all on here makes me think that I bought a ton of stuff, but I guess b/c so much of it was online that it just doesn't feel like I bought so much at the store.

You racked up 

I ordered the things I most wanted online and was very happy with my first ever BF online experience. Granted, I do online shopping, but this is my first time shopping for BF door buster items. I think I might do it again next year lol still waiting for my shipping confirmation for Luvabella doll and $29 vac from Walmart, but Hover Board and Straight Talk iPhone shipped ...woo boo!

Umm... SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE HAS GOTTEN THE ITCH......

• Like 2

Over the course of the week I made 3 Kohl’s online orders (clothes and google home hub) and 1 Target online order (board games). Online really comes in handy when you can’t be out standing in line for the doors to open. It also was a life saver when things are sold out at your individual store or if they never got inventory in in the first place. Online definitely has its time and place and is a great supplement but i don’t think it will ever replace going out to the B&M stores for me. Until I’m too old and frail I’ll be out there shopping in person.
  • Like 1