When is everyone putting their Tree up?

Dlions720

Hopefully, Thanksgiving weekend. The outside will take longer this year as we had to take down all the ice sickle lights when we had the siding painted.

I put up two trees and I think I want to change the color scheme on the main one this year; off to Pinterest for some ideas!

Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 1

I will put mine up Thanksgiving weekend.  Hopefully my son and his friend are in their own apartment by then, so I have their rooms to move stuff that's currently in my way.  (Yes, I know, that blows my "mother of the year" award. LOL).

November 12th...... Always the weekend after my son's birthday..... When he was young he would always ask when Christmas was and I would tell him that it was after his birthday. So just as soon as his birthday was over on the 7th he would say MOOOOM..... It's Cwistmas!!!!

http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/1076/animated-christmas-glitter-image-0153.gif

• Like 5

Hopefully Thanksgiving weekend - my daughter will be home from college that weekend so I'd like to put it up while she's there. This is her first year away, and I'd like her to still feel as included as possible. BUT, we get a real tree, and being that we'll be driving home to Indiana from my grandpa's in Michigan that Saturday - it will be interesting to see if it all works out the way it does in my head :unsure:

Years ago when I would get a real tree every year, I would get it on December 1, but now since I have an artificial tree, it goes up on BF for decoration on Saturday. This year we will be in GA for Thanksgiving, so it will go up a day later when we return on Saturday and we'll decorate on Sunday.

I like to go to the tree farm the first weekend in December. It's not as busy & the employees have their opening weekend "rehearsal" out of the way. All of the other Christmas decorations are brought out Thanksgiving weekend.