Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Make sure you scan and look for things that are not in the christmas sections. I got a 24 mini muffin pan by Nordiware for $4.49 Original $14.99, cookie sheets, etc . Red, green and white mixing bowl set for the same, etc...The nordiware stuff with snowflakes on the label are scanning at 70% off too... The candles were not though. Tons of red and white and pink ribbons for Valentine's day, etc..
  • Like 1

Found Burts Bees lip balm in the regular aisle for $.89. Colgate kids toothpaste on the side of an end cap in the grocery dept. $.89. Glad press and seal in the regular aisle $.89. Kleenex $.89, Up & Up $.41, Puffs $.59, Oreos $.89 all in the regular spots. They were unloading boxes in the Christmas dept. of aluminum foil $.89, Gladware $.89 (large circle and large rectangle size) & gallon size Ziplock freezer bags $.89.

I was amazed that there was anything left at my Target, and did pretty well!

70% off Christmas, 50% most candy...you gotta scan, because a few items came up 70% off.

They actually put up a sign in the dollar spot this time, so much of the good stuff was already gone there, but I did get a few of those small rolls of wrapping paper, some knit gloves, pedicure sets, body lotion, erasers, and a few golf things for my BIL.

I lucked out and found 3-4pks of the Tissues (Regular isle), also found the Winter Oreos (red filling) on the cookie isle.

My store still has LOTS of wrapping paper, tissue, and gift bags, but not many lights left.

I got to my store at 8:15 today and the signs said 50% off, but everything (except candy) scanned 70% off. I was the only one shopping for about 45 minutes...glorious! Got some of the things that others have listed as well as a bunch of planters nuts (in the tin), some LED tap lights ($1.79), a car charger for my phone, a Christmas pancake set (pan and a squeeze bottle for batter), some pretty dishes, a nordicware wisk (I've been needing a wisk!) and some tissues (both up&up and Puffs). Also got a Junie B Jones Christmas book and lots of stocking stuffery things for next year. Oh, and the little bottles of Ice Cubes gum with the holly around the top were 70% off, so that is awesome.

I didn't get any wrapping paper or ornaments...those are for 90% off for me! :) All in all a great day at Target for me!

Bags of Lindt truffles and Giradelli chocolates were ringing up 50%, but there was a big shelf full with a 70% sign right in frontof them so they honored the 70% for me. The variety (gold) bag of Lindt had a $1 coupon that I used at store #2 on a tin of Lindt that DID ring up 70% off. The coupon is good on boxes 5.x oz or larger, not valid on bags.

Yellow dots were still out at both stores I went to today. There were some scattered around the holiday stuff, too. Hickory farms 10 oz Beef Summer Sausage rang up 1.7x, normally 5.99. Hot chocolate cupcake mix and chocolate peppermint cookie mix were 70%. I think other flavors were available, but all that was left were the empty boxes. Colgate Transformers paste/2 toothbrush gift pack (.87) and GUM Starwars spinbrush (1.50) were also 70% off.

There was quite a bit left at my stores, but there were also a lot a people with full carts. I got everything I really wanted today, but I think I'll still go back for 90% to see if I can find some leftovers stocking stuffers and gift bags.

I found some Crayola electric toothbrushes, also by GUM, for 70% at one store, but at another they didn't scan 70% off. Not sure if it was an internal markdown (I know the large cartons of goldfish were marked down manually in the system at one of my stores) or if there are two different numbers. Receipt shows 049090483. They were $1.49.

Didn't make it out until 8 tonight, had one last family Christmas thing to do today. This one store is usually real good about moving stuff to the seasonal area, but the front grocery part of the store still had Oreos, frosting, and some other baking stuff. Yay! Also found some scissors and tape (but I am on tape restrictions, so didn't buy any), and kid's toothpaste. Productive trip. I'll head to another in the morning.

Went to two different Targets. I got tape for .65 (didnt want to wait for 90% or look for a coupon), Hickory Farms summer sausage (1 left), Oreo with white fudge, and i lucked out on plastic (i think glad) throw away containers $.8x. They had christmas goldfish little ones for .29, only had a few but the big box was regular price... hummm :confused: Of course I went to customer service, they told me that they have no control on those prices that the manf. determin it... is this true??

Dollar spot yellow was 70% here, today. Got some Mrs. Field's chocolates for 30 cents (3 piece boxes). Calendars and pocket calendars 30 cents. LOTS if kiddy crap, if you are in need of that.

Christmas hard goods, 70% Candy still sitting at 50% and the shelf is VERY full. There was s 90% sign in front of a section with high end candy (Ghiradelli, Lindt) but only scanned at 50%. Guessing someone put the sign out by mistake. Got candy cane Oreos for 89 cents.

I found some Crayola electric toothbrushes, also by GUM, for 70% at one store, but at another they didn't scan 70% off. Not sure if it was an internal markdown (I know the large cartons of goldfish were marked down manually in the system at one of my stores) or if there are two different numbers. Receipt shows 049090483. They were $1.49.

You lucked out on your large box goldfish!! :) They wouldnt mark mine down, only the little ones were 70 off

Went this afternoon, surprisingly there was tons of hello kitty stuff in the dollar spot. Decent selection of Christmas stuff, but not much I wanted for less than 90%. I still had my $1/2 coupons for the heritage tins and they were $1.19.

My big find was the orange bubble and brown rachael ray baking dishes. They are marked $59 and ringing up $14.99! This worked at several stores, none were marked. The blue ones are on clearance for $3x.xx and marked as such. I *think* the # was 020 02 0012.

If you are there, don't forget abut the pizza deal this week! There is a b2g1 digiorno and a $1/1 CPK pizza printable on coupons.com. They are on sale for $5 and you get a free box of Edy's popsicles for every two you buy. If you buy 3 Digiorno, 1 CPK, and 2 boxes of popsicles, your total is $14 after coupons. Not too bad!

Didn't make it out until 8 tonight, had one last family Christmas thing to do today. This one store is usually real good about moving stuff to the seasonal area, but the front grocery part of the store still had Oreos, frosting, and some other baking stuff. Yay! Also found some scissors and tape (but I am on tape restrictions, so didn't buy any), and kid's toothpaste. Productive trip. I'll head to another in the morning.

Can you post a photo and/or the UPC code for the scissors? I scanned a few today, but all were regular price.

I forgot to mention earlier that I bought several of the Archer Farms plastic canisters of dipped pretzels for $1.49 today. Just so happens I'm hosting a Harry Potter themed event next month, and had planned to make dipped pretzels (for edible wands), but this saved me all that work & a bunch of money to boot! I also think the plastic canister containers are quite nice, so plan to remove the sticker labels and reuse them for spaghetti noodles, cereal, craft supplies, etc. after the event. I'm sure they won't be able to be put into the dishwasher, but should hold up fine hand washed. When you think about how much storage containers cost, these are super cheap & will serve two purposes!:D

Can you post a photo and/or the UPC code for the scissors? I scanned a few today, but all were regular price.

I forgot to mention earlier that I bought several of the Archer Farms plastic canisters of dipped pretzels for $1.49 today. Just so happens I'm hosting a Harry Potter themed event next month, and had planned to make dipped pretzels (for edible wands), but this saved me all that work & a bunch of money to boot! I also think the plastic canister containers are quite nice, so plan to remove the sticker labels and reuse them for spaghetti noodles, cereal, craft supplies, etc. after the event. I'm sure they won't be able to be put into the dishwasher, but should hold up fine hand washed. When you think about how much storage containers cost, these are super cheap & will serve two purposes!:D

I saw a paint pail type of container with cards in it and my first thought was what a great container for cookies or goodies to give as gifts, the container was the size of a paint pail and clear....

we made out like bandits yesterday. found reynolds foil, some cute up and up plastic food containers, 2-3pks of glad containers, some solo plates squared 15 pk larger size or 24 smaller red or green plastic plates and some gifts for next year PLUS hickory farms sausages and cheeses,dunkin donuts gingerbread coffee (2.29-.75 coupon in paper) and even the 3*2 different sets of the twig lights my mom wanted. I would have waited on the gifts but my mom loved them for certain ppl.

I'm off to work then back to publix for peanuts. 2-16oz peanuts for 2.49 after target and manufacturer's coupon.

The scissors are red or turquoise, and in a plastic pouch. There are some hanging in the regular aisle regular price on those are $6.xx. You can tell the difference because on the clearance ones, the 8" written on the package is up towards the middle, the normal ones are closer to the bottom. The DCPI is 081060028, and the UPC has 3884 at the end.

I also got some chocolate covered pretzels, get them every year. They make great snacks for my lunchbox. And I also reuse the plastic containers, I use them to put strip wood and wallpaper in for my dollhouses.

Went this afternoon, surprisingly there was tons of hello kitty stuff in the dollar spot. Decent selection of Christmas stuff, but not much I wanted for less than 90%. I still had my $1/2 coupons for the heritage tins and they were $1.19.

My big find was the orange bubble and brown rachael ray baking dishes. They are marked $59 and ringing up $14.99! This worked at several stores, none were marked. The blue ones are on clearance for $3x.xx and marked as such. I *think* the # was 020 02 0012.

If you are there, don't forget abut the pizza deal this week! There is a b2g1 digiorno and a $1/1 CPK pizza printable on coupons.com. They are on sale for $5 and you get a free box of Edy's popsicles for every two you buy. If you buy 3 Digiorno, 1 CPK, and 2 boxes of popsicles, your total is $14 after coupons. Not too bad!

Thank you so much for the post on the Rachael Ray baking dishes! I actually found two at my store. My sister-in-law loves orange to the point that she special ordered a orange KitchenAid mixer , so these will be perfect for her as a gift (She might get one or both of them I haven't decided yet lol)

Thanks so much for this post!! I got a set of RR pots/pans for Christmas and I love them!! I've been wanting this baking set, but didn't want to drop $50. At $15, I even bought a couple sets as gifts too. Can't beat that price. Great find and so nice of you to share.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I've wanted these for so long but couldn't justify the price. I had my husband stop after work tonight to see if our Target had them. They did!!!

I was at my store around noon today. Not much Christmas left but the markdown team was working in boys. They were marking down winter coats, gloves and hats 50% off Some of the coats were $19 after markdown. Not bad if you don't want to take a chance at waiting for 70% off.

Thank you so much! I found this last night at the Hendersonville, TN Target :)

Anyone venture out today yet? Just curious if they might surprise us with 90% off today.

On another note - anyone else notice 15% off markdowns in health/beauty section (kids bath sets, lotion, makeup, etc.)?

I think this is really ridiculous. My store is going this. That stuff is just going to be staying on the shelf.

Anyone venture out today yet? Just curious if they might surprise us with 90% off today.

I haven't but I will say that for the last 10 years it has not gone 90% on 1/1, at least here. I live in Pasadena, CA and the Rose Parade causes 1 of our stores to open late and the other to be open, but incredibly hard for me to get to until early afternoon at the best. I ALWAYS am anxious and try to venture out when I can, but it has NEVER gone down. In fact, it has consistently gone down 1/3 or 1/4. Just my $.02

I haven't but I will say that for the last 10 years it has not gone 90% on 1/1, at least here. I live in Pasadena, CA and the Rose Parade causes 1 of our stores to open late and the other to be open, but incredibly hard for me to get to until early afternoon at the best. I ALWAYS am anxious and try to venture out when I can, but it has NEVER gone down. In fact, it has consistently gone down 1/3 or 1/4. Just my $.02

I remember that 75% went on New Years Day, we were always consistant with that then abou 2 yrs ago they changed, suprised it went on the 30th