Kid's Christmas Lists

misstaken

Wow! Those are some pretty big lists there at the beginning! My kid is looking pretty nice now! When he was grounded around his b-day this summer I got him almost nothing on his list but I hid it and kept it so at xmas I would have some ideas. He also made me a very small list- pretty much Xbox 360 only thing on it since his dad told him he could have the xbox there and then took it back. He was so disappointed and I told him that I already went shopping for other stuff since his dad said he could have that one! I think he believes me because I keep telling him he will get cash from some people in our family maybe and he can save up for one. Little does he know I am getting him one, hopefully the COD special one =)

Sounds like my DS and he's only 11...However we got the LCD TV last year for his big gift. The year before it was a laptop and rockband. Year before that PS3.

This year he couldn't even come up with a list because he HAS everything already. So we compromised. He is getting a new bedroom set with a queen bed instead of his twin he's had since he was 2. I even let him pick out one of those armchairs that turns into a twin pullout bed...This is something I've been wanting to do anyways so it worked for both of us ;) SHHHHH!

Other than that a few PS3 games and some shirts/jeans from the brands he likes and he is DONE for christmas and he is fine with that :)

Good luck with all that ;) LMAO I especially love the list with the STROBE LIGHT...OMG my kinda kid!

The AE flannels are $29.50 each on clearance!

LMAO Terry! He normally won't wear ON or Aeropostale but apparently he was willing to give on the boxer brands as long as they weren't from Walmart.

We buy most of our AE online with coupon codes. And honestly I don't mind spending 29.50 on a flannel from AE. Have you looked at Walmart/Target clothing prices recently? Not that much of a difference. Kris only wears A&F jeans, that is what fits him the best. But we've literally had pairs that have lasted him for 3yrs. They've paid for themselves IMO.

On to the boxers. Again I will only buy good ones too. My babies come from Gymboree *boxer briefs* and Kris gets them from Gap or Old navy. They last alot longer than the walmarts ones (actually we've never had walmart we've had cherokee brand from Target? and they were horrible!) And I am sure they will go to AE when he gets bigger (he's 11 and only weighs 64lbs ;) )

So IMO the clothes/boxers aren't that bad either. Things you would have had to buy him anyways and he still thinks they are gifts...KWIM

OK so I will say it, his list didn't seem THAT extreme to me, minus the phone since he's had 2 this last year.

Kris' grandma got him a digital camcorder and his other grandmother is getting him Tony Hawk Ride or a Kindle. So we know all about the grandparents fueling their "fire":tongue1:

Edited by mom2monkiesx3

:shock: WOW!

Thankfully my boys lists, according to what they told me last night are...

DS7: "I want 2 new games for my Nintendo DS and some toys and the Wii hunting game with the gun for Daddy so I can watch him play." What games does he want? "Um, Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones." (Which I just so happened to have ordered from WM.com about 2 weeks ago, 2/$30...woo hoo!)

DS4: "My want toys." When I asked what kind of toys, he said, "Fun ones! Like the hippos that eat the balls." (Hungry Hungry Hippos? That I can do!)

DFosterS2: "Lots and lots of cars!" (The kid is obsessed with Hot Wheels!)

DFosterD3months: Obviously doesn't have a list, but if she did, I think a nice, warm bottle full of formula would be at the top of it. :)

Things are tight for us this year (DH only worked 7 days this month and will work 7 days next month... :( But at least my kids won't be disapointed with what they get for Christmas... they've set the bar so low that they're sure to be thrilled with what they're getting!

Gotta love teens. ;)

My son is 16. He gave me a list and then a catalog w/ items circled. From the list is:

-BMX Bike (There was a very specific one he wants, I remember the days of getting a bike for $50.00, I paid $400 for this one).

-Bean Bag Chair

-1 new Xbox game--- no title specified, he says he doesn't know suprise him

-4 prs of Jeans from Pac Sun

-Boxers an socks

-Itunes gift card

Then from the catalog:

-Sneakers

-2 hoodies

-3 T-Shirts

-Belt

My mom will be getting all the items from the catalog for him. Very coincidental that he knows what grandma spends, he knows she like to order online, and his catalog items w/ shipping add up to EXACTLY what she'll spend.

The Itunes gift cards he'll be getting from 1 aunt and my MIL. He knows about the bike and I'm getting all the other stuff since there is nothing really unreasonable left on his list. I also am getting him a few additional clothing items. I am thinking of getting him a second "BIG" suprise item though he won't be expecting. I'm trying to decide between trying to get him 1 of the Ipod touch deals on BF or a Laptop. His died completely over the summer so now he shares w/ my husband. Though I'm leaning towards the Ipod touch for Christmas (still cheaper) and then getting him a good Laptop w/ my parents for his birthday in late January.

wow, guys your list sounds about like my DS 14

Laptop

Ipod Touch

Ipod docking station w/ clock

PS3

DS Games (list of about 2o)

Clothes - Hot topic, AE, aeropostale, underarmor shirts and socks

Flat Screen TV

DD 16

Ipod Touch,

PS3

PSP

CAR

LMAO....it must be a 14yr old boy thing huh? Mine didn't have to ask for a car since Gram & Pap are looking for a decent Jeep to buy now and work on getting it in good shape in the next year.

I felt really let down when my DS12 and DS11 couldn't think of anything to ask for. Their response was "Mom, we HAVE EVERYTHING!" OMG! WHAT! No list? Nothing to go shopping for? Are these my children? Then my baby came and sat by me and said" Just suprise me! It worked out good on my birthday!"

My kids have everything but they still seem to come up with more stuff,lol. It wasn't an easy chore for them though.

Jeninpa - get him the boxers and the rechargeable batteries (the two least expensive items on the list). hehe.

The list is suppose to be complete, not just suggestions,lmao. Honestly the phone is probably the only thing he won't get and the TV will be downsized. The iPod Touch will be his bday gift but everything else will either be under our tree, gram's tree or Nana's tree,lol.

OK so I will say it, his list didn't seem THAT extreme to me, minus the phone since he's had 2 this last year.

Kris' grandma got him a digital camcorder and his other grandmother is getting him Tony Hawk Ride or a Kindle. So we know all about the grandparents fueling their "fire":tongue1:

I honestly don't think it is extreme either other than the phone and the size of the TV,lol. The sad part is I could add another line to my phone plan for $20 a month (unlimited everything plan) and probably get that phone real cheap.....I need some serious help,lmao. He is such a good kid that saying no is not easy,lol. DD10 has a crappy tracfone I pay $20 for every 3 months and she has been begging for a phone. I think I will try my hardest to hold out til next year on this one though,lol.

BTW, my oldest 3 got laptops last yr & the youngest got an electric dirt bike,lol. So honestly this is cutting back a lot!

I have no idea where on this planet he thinks this is a $350 Christmas list! LMAO This is a good $1,000 list NOT even counting that phone! He just got the Instinct S30 so he has 1.5yrs to a new phone,lol.

Christmas list......only about $350 total

Nice Hollister hoodie

SOFT Flannel (sweet ones)

Hollister cologne

tony hawk ride (xbox)

ipod touch

GUMMY headphones good kind

COD MW2

left for dead 2 (xbox game)

new samsung moment (phone)

nike shoes (the ones you make online)

AE/Hollister jeans

cargo shorts

belt

under armour socks

under armour shirt(s)

34" flat screen tv

hollister/american eagle/aeropostale boxers

rechargeable batteries

xbox controller (corded)

xbox live GOLD membership

Please and thank you (:

Love,Bryce

BTW, it is a decent list....it is the amount that he thinks this stuff will all cost that makes me think he is nuts,lol.

Check Marshals and TJ Maxx for Under Armour socks and shirts

well as my ds5 is special needs he does not make a llist but I know he would love love love the rockband because he"plays"( aka pretends to play it.. I am willing to pay 50{well 60 I ordered the other day when it was the value of the day} for it but not 100 or 200 so thank you walmart. it everytime we go to a store that has it. I am going to pick up a total of 60 bucks of other things just to see if he will like them but pretty cheap for him.

DS1 is to young for a list but he LOVES to"help" mommy mommy clean and work in the kitchen so he is getting a play set of cleaning tools all his own and a kitchen all his own.

they finally made their lists..

DS (9):

My SimAnimals Africa (Wii)

Backugan

DS Games (pokemon ranger shadows of Almia)

Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) – Does not come out until Feb

Tech Decks

Tools

Webkinz

Football tickets

Candy

candy jewlery factory

Transformers

Robots

Legos

Flip tricks

The sisters grimm (books by Michael Buckley and Peter Fergussen)

Crayon maker

A daschund stuffed animal

Erector set toys

DD(11):

F.A.M.P.S

Snap on girls

Hannah Montana stuff

Polly Pockets

Littlest Pet Shop Toys

Webkinz signatures

Highlights magazine

Candy jewelry factory

Bowsers inside story (DS)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (wii) does not come out till Feb

Soccer gloves (goalie – size 6)

U.B Funkeys

Tech decks & ramps

I-Tunes Gift cards

Walmart gift cards

Pixos

Chixos

Little mommy achoo doll

Rescue pet

Webkinz (koala)

accoustic guitar

Crayola crayon maker

Baby in my pocket

Puppy in my pocket

Easy bake oven

Chuckie cheese pizza maker

Cooking mama (wii)

Zhu Zhu pet

Flip tricks

Nintendo DS Lite

Celtics tickets

Razor spark scooter

A bike – with gears

Ice skates size 3.5 or 4

Texting plan for cell phone

Game download credits for cell phone

Glitter lava

New Super Mario Brothers (Wii)

Jeans (size 8)

Fleece Pajama pants (size 8)

Holiday candy treats

DH :rolleyes::

Press your luck for wii

Display case for baseballs (holds more than 12)

Doug flutie patriots throw back jersey

Ethernet hub

My oldest only asked for 3 things, technically, and I nearly had to beat her to get that much.

DD5's list is:

Barbie Doll

Sweetie Belle's Gumball Machine House (Ponyville/My Little Pony)

A My Little Pony Game that you play "like this" (now hold your hands like you're holding a Nintendo DS).

Our son (7) wants:

Claw Arcade game from TRU (got it on BF)

Woody and Buzz talking figures

Bop It

Mario Kart for Wii

Tools (REAL ones he says)

Any kind of Zurg toy

A Mars Globe (don't even know if they make such a thing)

Toy Story bucket of soldiers

Astronomy laser

My Sims game for Wii (which he just bought this weekend with his birthday money)

Each year he's always had that one item on his list that he MUST have, but there isn't anything out there that he's really interested in this year.

DD asks for very little and didn't even make a list this year. She can never think of what she wants. Its probably because she has too much stuff and knows that I'm going to buy her a ton of great stuff anyway. She's an easy kid. :)