NEW4518 - Save 10% on Any Purchase 5/12/12

SMS1327 - Save 20% on Any Purchase 5/12/12

SAVEVS3 - Save 10% on $75 Purchase (Visa Charge) 6/30/12

SHOPNSHIP - Free Shipping on $75 Purchase 7/10/12

Upcoming Codes:

BABY20 - Save 20% on Baby Items Purchase (5/7 - 5/8) 5/8/12

MAY30 - Save 30% on Any Purchase (5/9 - 5/16 & Kohls Charge) 5/16/12

• 4 weeks later...

Just reading that Kohls has changed their Kohls cash policy on returns. It use to be you could return something and get merch credit and still retain kohls cash, from what I heard, that is no longer their policy.

I don't know if some stores are reading the policy or intrepeted it differently but our store always let me return items get merch credit and retain kohls cash. Anybody had recent returns in the last couple of weeks that was able to retain kohls cash on merch credit?

. If merchandise purchased earning a Kohl’s Cash® Coupon is subsequently returned or price adjusted, the value of the Kohl’s Cash® Coupon previously earned and/or the amount of the merchandise refund will be reduced to reflect any unearned value. Return value of merchandise purchased with a Kohl’s Cash® Coupon may be subject to adjustment

This is true. It is a new policy for Kohls. They no longer will give you full value for a return plus the value of your Kohls cash on a merchandise credit. If you used the Cash for the purchase, it will be deducted from your refund. If Kohls cash was issued on the purchase, you lose it when you return something and there is no way to gain it back.

Just reading that Kohls] has changed their cash policy on returns. It use to be you could return something and get merch credit and still retain cash, from what I heard, that is no longer their policy.

I don't know if some stores are reading the policy or intrepeted it differently but our store always let me return items get merch credit and retain cash. Anybody had recent returns in the last couple of weeks that was able to retain cash on merch credit?

. If merchandise purchased earning a Kohl’s Cash® Coupon is subsequently returned or price adjusted, the value of the Kohl’s Cash® Coupon previously earned and/or the amount of the merchandise refund will be reduced to reflect any unearned value. Return value of merchandise purchased with a Kohl’s Cash® Coupon may be subject to adjustment

This is true. It is a new policy for Kohls. They no longer will give you full value for a return plus the value of your Kohls cash on a merchandise credit. If you used the Cash for the purchase, it will be deducted from your refund. If Kohls cash was issued on the purchase, you lose it when you return something and there is no way to gain it back.

I returned some things this weekend and got a refund- less the Kohls cash.... :(

No option to take a merchandise credit instead- as in the past

I kept items that could have been considered the value of the Kohls cash too ...

I guess this means that I will only use Kohls cash on items that I know I will be keeping - and keep that as a separate order to

ensure that I get full value of my Kohls cash....

D

This is the new policy and all stores are adhering to it. I've had some customers irate and other completely rational about it. You can thank the people who took advantage of kohls cash all these years. Just buying items to up their kohls cash and returning everything. You'd be amazed at what people will do.

I guess it was just a matter of time. My problem is that if you spend $90 earn $10 Kohls cash and return something that was maybe $15, you still lose the kohls cash even if you would've earned it anyway.

Did I make sense? Shopping online will be very tricky now.

No that's not true. Only if you go under the $50 mark will your kohls cash be deactivated. Now if you buy a bunch of items and use kohls cash plus another form of payment, they may deduct a percentage for the kohls cash but I haven't come across that yet.

Please also be aware that this is the same case w any other coupon, including the $10 birthday coupons that you receive.

No that's not true. Only if you go under the $50 mark will your kohls cash be deactivated. Now if you buy a bunch of items and use kohls cash plus another form of payment, they may deduct a percentage for the kohls cash but I haven't come across that yet.

Please also be aware that this is the same case w any other coupon, including the $10 birthday coupons that you receive.

If that's the case, then I'm happy. I just know that in the past, I had to take a merchandise credit in order to get the full amount even if I was still over the $50.

This is the new policy and all stores are adhering to it. I've had some customers irate and other completely rational about it. You can thank the people who took advantage of kohls cash all these years. Just buying items to up their kohls cash and returning everything. You'd be amazed at what people will do.

I really don't understand Kohl's thinking on this. So what if I received a merchandise credit for a returned item? I couldn't spend it anywhere else but Kohls. That keeps me shopping. If I purchased an extra $5 item to get the Kohls cash that's $5 more spent in their store. As far as I'm concerned, from now they can keep their kohls cash and not even bother sending it to me.

I knew it was a matter of time...I mean all places that do promos like this do the same thing (gymbucks ...and with them you even have to spend money to take money off :( !! I remember getting so mad because I wanted to exchange something bought with Gymbucks for the SAME THING just a different size....finally I told them..opps I don't have my receipt NOW exchange them X( HAHA!

Anyways it will make me more careful but won't affect me much and I definatly see why they had to do it this way...good apples pay for those of the bad apples once again..

I got a mailer that had 20% entire purchase PLUS a $5 gift and I was able to use them both at the same time, so keep an eye out for the mailer, I was super suprised to get another 30% off code so close in time to the last one Saturday too..WOWZERS!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...