Where do you shop on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

Just wondering why so many of you are mentioning Walgreens. What do you usually find there?

Lots of the little things for Christmas, one year I got the slippers, they used to do real cheap prices on the big bags of m&ms as doorbusters, usually had to go to a couple of them to get enough for the whole family (my brothers and distant relatives that join us for lunch so they would have something..). Sometimes I just don't need anything much on BF and it lets me get out without too many crowds...

Always fun to see what everyone does on BF!

I may have to work this BF...first time ever...but anyway...here is what I usually do:

Up bright and early..the 2 years we have been in Colorado, I take my now 10yo with me...he loves it!!

We hit Traget first!

Next...Ihop breakfast :gdpancake:

Next...Mall

Next...Kohl's

Next...TRU

At some point we stop for cocoa and mochas at Starbucks!

Next...family (all 4 of us) dinner...Texas Roadhouse

Lastly...Buy our Christmas tree...go home and watch Elf and NL Christmas Vacation while we decorate the tree and drink eggnog!

I also wrap as I go so much of the remaining night will be spent wrapping presents and putting them under the pretty tree

I love this time of year!! I know fall isn't for another couple of weeks but in my world, it began on September 1st as it always does...house is cleaned top to bottom, fall decorations set in place and I always buy a new fall scented candle to celebrate the season! Love it!

What about my fellow Black Friday friends? What do you all do on one of the best days of the year?:holiday16

I always go to:

TRU

Gymboree

Target

Craft Stores(Michaels and Hobby Lobby)

Macys

The mall

if whoever I'm with wants to stop somewhere

The first year I went to Kohls and the second year I went to JCPenney. I don't go to the electronic stores b/c we're never in need of anything. The first year my brother and I went into Best Buy when the doors were open for some DVDs that we could find at Target, but the line to check out was unbelievable after 15 minutes of opening and only had 2 or 3 checkouts opened, so we laughed and left. lol

I got my leg broken at walmart one year, so NEVER again. Its ridiculous. To those of you who do walmart God Bless you.

I usually do Best Buy first if they have some big electronic that is on our list and im usually in and out in under 30-45 mins depending on where I am in line ( we usaually camp out after thanksgiving dinner around 5 or so.

Then its onto Ttarget (not many people ever hit our target stores on BF)

Then onto Bath & Body works, Kirklands, Old Navy, Barnes and Noble, and a host of other stores in the mall.

Some where in there we stop and get coffee at starbucks (which is always like a 30 min wait seems like)

The last 2 stores of the day are always payless shoes (i usually get my kids about 4 or 5 pair of shoes each at 2 to 3 bucks a pair), walgreens, and cvs

First stop is always walmart as they are the only store in my town. The rest are atleast 20 minutes away. After walmart we usually go to Target, Michaels, Kmart, Old Navy and maybe TRUS. All depends on their sales. This year we will not be getting alot so we may not go to many store this year.

I've been reading some of last years BF threads and I'm considering using the walmart and target price match/price adjustment this year. I'm not convinced through. I suppose I could purchase stuff early at target and get price adjusted but going to walmart still scares me a bit with last years debacle and someone posting about a broken leg. I've never had trouble getting anything on BF just seems easier if can get more stuff at one place.

Hardest thing was sending my mother to Radio Shack last year for PS3 controllers w/ad and item circled,she only just managed to get the last 2 as she was standing in some random line before being told where to go and then the sales guy tried to add a limit of 1.

I've been reading some of last years BF threads and I'm considering using the walmart and target price match/price adjustment this year. I'm not convinced through. I suppose I could purchase stuff early at target and get price adjusted.

Last year at (my) Target they did not allow price adjustment on their 2-Day sale items. Needless to say, I didnt shop there. I PM'd at walmart ; they didnt give me any problems as long as I had my sale circulars, which I did. They kept them, I guess to see what competitors were offering and see how to price things this year....idk

• 2 weeks later...

On Thanksgiving Day I go online at Circuit City. They have good free deals, where you buy now at full price and once you send in the rebates its free. I have purchased camera cases, computer mice etc...

On Black Friday I go to Walmart. Ours is a 24 hour store so I get there at 5am, get the map from the door greeter as to where everything is located in the store. Then I wait by the pallet containing what I want most. If you are after kids toys its pretty orderly and I have always picked up everything. Electronics, as you know, is crazy!!!!!!!!!!! busy. People line up around that area, either in chairs provided by Walmart, or they stand for hours around the sales kiosks.

Just a tip!!! last year no sales associate knew where the cheap Wii and other video games were...turns out they were in the site pick up area behind the counter. Another Walmart I visited also did it this way. My kids love the Wii and they had a ton on for 9.99...also online too!!!!

Usually Walmart first but sometimes Staples or Office Depot depending on electronics. Almost always Walgreens at some point. I tried to go out and get back home as soon as possible. I don't go to the mall.......way too crowded but then I guess Walmart is the same way...:cheesy:

Typically, Best Buy first and always.

The rest are Sears and Target. We will hit Wal-Mart but only later in the afternoon and at a small town one, never a larger one, having suffered through the insanity that the unruly crowds at WM bring in. The past few years, there have been tons of their doorbusters left, outside the typical cheapie laptop/computers, which is what BB is for anyway.

But this year, we're considering MicroCenter and/or Fry's instead of BB. Just looking for a change, I guess. Depends on what is what in any particular ad.

First, DH and I will leave our house at 2am and drive over an hour away to be in a city that has decent stores for BF. Then we will go to...

Walmart

Target (right across the street from WM)

TRU

Gymboree (time to buy matching Christmas jammies for the kids!)

Best Buy (looking for dvds, cds, and video games only)

Harbor Freight

Will possibly go to...

Gamecrazy, Sears, Kohl's, Shopko, Old Navy, JC Penny's - Depending on the ads

Then we'll drive home, DH will get the kids from MIL while I go into a little town 15 minutes from home and go to...

Kmart (will also go here Thanksgiving Day before I start cooking dinner)

Walmart (if there was something I didn't get at the previous WM)

Fred Meyer

Walgreens will be my last stop where I'll buy anything I need for gift wrapping.

Then on to home where after putting my kids to bed, I'll turn on Christmas Vacation and wrap presents until well past midnight.

The next day we'll make cocoa, load up on the 4-wheelers, go into the woods, cut down our Christmas tree, bring it home, decorate while The Santa Claus plays (either that or Winnie the Pooh and Friends sing the Holiday classics-LOL). Then all the presents will be ready to go under the tree when we're done!

*Sigh* I just love the long Thanksgiving weekend!

where don't we shop might be a shorter list :D

we usually hit

Meijer

Walmart,

Kmart,

JcPenny

Menards,

Target

radio shack

depending on the ad and if we need/want anything-Best Buy, Walgreens and any place that strikes our fancy.

I got to walmart, target, JcPennys, only go to best buy after the huge line, sears, bed bath and beyond, sometimes toys r us, and depending on whats on sale at staples or office depot one of them, sometimes home depot. It really depends on the sale and what we need to buy. most xmas shopping is done on this day.

Thanksgiving is Meijers and CVS sometimes Walgreens(wish we had a kmart still as they seem like they have good things on TG)

BF starts at midnight at walmart to load up on all the stuff I am PMing then waiting to get anything I need from their sale. Then typically Meijers and the rest of the list is based on what I couldnt get at WM w/ PM

Late in day stores are CVS(again), Walgreens, Michaels, Jo anns,

I find it funny people wont do WM and yet I think Menards is leap and bounds worse. The people are meaner. The lines are longer. The workers ruder(which says alot compared to WM) Menards would have to be giving away Ben Roethlisberger and a lb of whip cream for me to consider it again LOL