Why do you shop on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

DH and I have 6 kids between us (12-19). If it weren't for BF we wouldn't be able to get them the more expensive items (namely laptops, cameras) that they get. It allows us to get really nice gifts without breaking the bank.

Yes, I agree. Even with only 3 kids (6-15), without BF, they wouldn't be able to get the electronic gifts that they request from Santa without breaking the bank.

My wife and I have been doing BF since before we were married. It started out going for the deals, but now it is more tradition. We now have 4 kids (2-10) and it has become a family campout. The kids tell all their friends to watch for them on TV (been on the news the last 3 years). We break out the tents and heaters and the kids go on their yearly camp out with Dad while Mom comes by with food and for bathroom breaks. I shop on Black Friday to create memories and spend time with my kids.

P.S. Brad, last year my gottadeal.com shout out got cut from all 3 networks that interviewed me. A t-shirt could get you some free air time. ;):D

Ditto. Well, I have a list but it's more about having fun. Watching people go crazy when those doors open and fighting in store... :D

I haven't seen any fighting:gdboxer::gdgirlfight3ol::wife::argue_mad, but I have seen some rude people:nahnah:. I've seen people grab stuff out of other peoples hands, but not fighting. Well, I guess there is always THIS year:tongue1:!

First and foremost for tradition, we've (mom, sister and aunt) have been doing this for about 6 years.

Secondly I like to see what kinds of shenanigans people try to pull just because it's BF. And trust me I've seen quite a bit and we don't live in a highly populated area.

And thirdly I like to count the number of times I hear people say "It's cold out." Not only does BF take place in Nov and in the wee early hours of the morning but we live in Minnesota so yeah it's not going like a day at the beach!

Oh and also I like to shop...maybe I should have mentioned that earlier...;)

I would def say the main reason is the savings...but the rush of this tradition is one that is hard to compare to anything. ;) And I HATE :yuck: COLD weather but this is one day that I don't really complain about the weather. The rush is so grand that I get heated by the sheer idea of it. I Love Black Friday...especially when i can get all the deals I want. :g_dance: I spend weeks preparing for my expedition and I enjoy every minute.:banana01:

It's my tradition to go out Black Friday, this year god willing I will be going out with my sister this will be her first time out that crazy day :eyepoppin...

I usually go out for the snow globe at jcpenny's the breakfast at Sams Club and also a few items that Santa will be asked to bring.

I also get a kick out of how many other shoppers I see and the people on the lines over night GOD BLESS THEM something would have to be that cheap and worth my while to go over night. :eyepoppin

It's the ultimate planning challenge for me and for my husband. We spend October and November making lists of potential gifts for our family members and start watching prices. Once we've done store and online comparisons and have all the ads for BF - then we map out our plan of attack. Some years we've actually drawn out little maps so that at 3am we can remember where we're going next and why. :) But it's the idea of getting great deals, the rush of competition, the people-watching, and sometimes the free food (i.e. at Sam's Club last year).

I started going in the early 90"s all by myself...money was tight...the bargains were great....it has transformed into one of our biggest family traditions....we have 8 children 13-29 and nine grandchildren 1month-11yrs.....my sisters,cousins,neighbors...we all plan our strategy and away go.....last year one of the outdoor shopping malls started the festivities off Thanksgiving night it was such a blast!!!! I was outside TRU at 1 am and my cell phone rings it was our nephew home from Iraq waiting outside a store in Georgia for a Wii fit !!

I think the question should be "Why would you NOT shop on Black Friday?"

I mean only a crazy person would pass up the deals, atmosphere, and bonding time IMO.

But truly for me, now its all about tradtion, my family and friends are scattered all over the world, but since we are from a small town everyone is susually home for thanksgiving, so BF is a chance for us to spend sometime together and catch up all while doing what we love best SHOPPING !!!!!!! its the only time most of our husbands dont mind us shopping together lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I shop on BF because its me time! I usually go alone, meet up with friends later for lunch. I love the excitement and its about the only time you can shop and get away with no makeup, stringy hair and sweats. It seems like everyone looks the same. :-)

I see people like that at my Walmart every day. Come visit me and you can have a makeup free week...LOL