Who do you shop with on Black Friday?

angelbabymommy

Usually DH goes. We have a list and we go for different items. This year he will be working so I will probably go alone. I've been talking to a friend but they don't seem to enthused to go. But the more I think about it I wonder if it wouldn't be better to go alone...no one to slow me down! lol

The last few years it was my husband and I that would go out early. We would hit Walmart and get everything we needed and then I would drop him off at home. My oldest dd and her friends would take his place and we would be out all day.

This year, though, we're not together so he's agreed to take the kids overnight. My oldest and her friends are going during "blitz" this year. Not sure they're ready for it but it will be interesting and fun.

It's usually me and my mom, although I have done it alone. Last year was the first year dh went with me instead of my mom. Not sure if he wants to tackle it again this year or not. :P We closed on our house last year the day before Thanksgiving, started moving on Thanksgiving day, went to bed around 1 am, got up about 2:30, took a freezing cold shower (forgot to turn on the hot water heater :shock: ), went shopping, came home and unloaded our stuff and started moving again......whew. After that experience dh's not so sure he wants to do it again, lol.

My in laws introduced me to this tradition. I'd never done it before. Now since in falls near my birthday I make everyone do the midnight run to the outlets for clothing and then we stand on line for the electronics as our last stops:tired:.

In years past, I have shopped with my mom, or my sister, a friend or my MIL and SIL. I have found that I do love being with someone but I am just fine by myself. I have had to go by myself before and just meet up with my MIL and SIL for breakfast and lunch and I still had a great time. I am not sure if I will be by myself this year or not. My hubby doesn't go AT ALL! He got out 1 year and stood in line for a Wii and after standing there and not getting it, he said NEVER AGAIN. LOL! He knows how much I love it, so he watches our 2 boys for me so I can go. He knows this is the one day out of the year that he can't call my cell asking me what time am I going to be home. haha

I've always shopped with my sister, we had it down to a science. Except this year she has decided not to speak to me since July. So I guess she won't be coming for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

It won't be the same...life is too short to act like you have forever.

My dh always comes along. I'm the runner, because I'm quicker. He's the big, burly man protecting the cart, lol. He also grabs the big things or things I can't reach. He loves it as much as I do. Some years I send him out at 2 to get in line and I join him after dropping off the kids at grandma's house. He is one of the annoying ones that thinks you have to eat, lol.

Do you have friends/family who want to go with you on BF but you are not sure if you want to take them with you as they might slow you down??

I am very organized for BF, know what I want and what stores I am going to. I have taken friends in the past who just don't have a plan and they slow me down. My girlfriend and I go as a team, she can get small items that we want and I can stand in line for the electronics and such. We switch off and it works well for us. We have gotten everything we want every year. This year we have a friend who wants to come and I almost want to say no to her but she has no one to go with.