Working on Black Friday

tokanm

Man that isn't fun! Do you work retail? At my last job, I told them on my interview the only day I wanted off was BF. Hey, they asked if I had any vacation plans! LOL And for the 4 years I was there, I got BF off while everyone else worked!

Black Friday is a company holiday for me, so I should be off, this year we also have Christmas Eve.... It makes more sense because people are less likely to call in sick (and we're not a hospital, fire or police department where people are needed to work on those holidays...).

I work in primary care pediatrics and there are 9 other pedis we cover for so we all take turns. The offices are open 365 days a year for somebody to cover from 8a-8p...it really sucks :( I may try to go before work if there are any deals too good to pass up.

I said earlier Christmas will be small this year as we are leaving for a cruise on 1/3/10 and will be sure to spend lots of $$$ then :rolleyes:

I don't shop on BF but our offices are closed. I have worked that day in the past.

If Christmas Eve is a work day we close at 3pm.

I always turn in my vacation schedule in Jan for the following year to make sure I have 1/2 day Vday & Halloween for the kids parties. Then always schedule 12/26. I do shop the day after Christmas.

Unless something drastic happens, we'll be off the entire holiday season. My wife has taken up travel nursing, so if ya don't wanna work the holidays...don't take a contract then! It'll be the first Christmas in a while that we don't have to worry about how work will screw up our plans again (they always liked to pull the "everyone has to work a half shift on Christmas" routine, vs rotating).

I work on a corporate offices and we always have BF and X-mas eve off. They also close the last week in December (we get pay for that week).

I got those days off too (though the week in Dec. was taken as "mandatory vacation/office closure" so we got 6 days Vac. the rest of the year instead of 10 :( ) but we just got bought out by a bigger company and no longer get those days off unless we use Vac. time :(